• Rabbitohs

• Roosters

• Sharks

• FUCK EM ALL!

Results are only viewable after voting.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Personally i didnt think it was a shoulder charge, but i have a bit of a sweet spot for Billy the kid. So probably shouldnt be counted on to make the call.

After the game I was flicking between the fox and nine coverage and it was very interesting.
The general feeling I got watching fox was that slater would probably be suspended.
Meanwhile on nine they interviewed him and the moment they asked about the shoulder charge his wife and daughter run in and hug and kiss him and the wife starts going on about how great he is and how amazing it is that his last game will be in the grand final and how much they're looking forward to it blah blah blah- it looked like a total set up designed to get the public on his side.
Does he work for nine?
I just can't see him being suspended after that interview.
Personally I do think it would be a shame if he was ruled out but if they're being fair dinkum he has to go- if it was any other player or any other game they'd be out for sure plus there would be sweet irony if after all these years of getting away with all his grubery (don't know if that's a word but it is now) it finally catches up with him for his very last and probably most important game.
Btw he's still way to good to be retiring.

WarriorBall

You don’t even see Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on SJs sides of the field most games...

Rightly or wrongly it was part of Cappy’s and Stacey’s attacking structure this season, Shaun Johnson running right side plays and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck chiming in on the left and creating opportunities while Green gets us around the park.

It’ll be interesting to see how Todd Payten views it next season, will we keep the status quo or will he change things up.

From my point of view Roger Tuivasa-Sheck isn’t getting enough quality ball on his side, while Tohu Harris is drawing players and creating opportunities on our rightside our leftside has lacked his equivalent this season which is really bloody unfortunate given Roger only needs half a gap and he’s away.

I’d like to see our entire leftside attack overhauled next season, it should be circled in red pen by Kearney in his end of season review.

When it comes to the spine I think Greeny and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck are there, Johnson's the only one that really needs a more consistent output.

The big thing to watch with the storm is the interchange between their best players. The amount of variations they've had of Smith to Cronk to Slater or Smith to Slater are crazy. They can do it around the ruck, on the short side, from scrum plays, attacking pieces or wherever.

For the last few seasons we've started to do that by putting in kicks for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to grab onto but we always drop our nuts and stop using it after the first 8-10 rounds for some reason. We also used the old melbourne storm outside-inside play once this year but it was really clunky and we never went back to it (even though it worked).

When we signed Roger Tuivasa-Sheck I thought for sure that we'd be seeing him running off of Johnson's shoulder a lot but it just never happened. Something tells me that the players (mostly Johnson) don't like getting out of their comfort zone and are too scared to try these little set pieces when the games on the line and therefore always revert back to the tried and true (right hand sweep). If that's the case we might be on for some trouble. Hopefully our new coaches can help us get some attacking formations set to utilise our best players.

Watching these guys do this stuff (especially at their age) is both infuriating and but also astounding.

Um ...... dontcha think the coach has something to do with set piece moves - not the players ?

Reactions: Defence
#
Remember this is the same Billy who use to dive studs first at players attempting to score.

These ones?
IMG_8731.JPG

I liked these ones too- would put Bruce lee to shame
IMG_8732.JPG

#Banbilly. It was a shoulder charge, hearing the commentators gush and sweat over it was sickening! Blair would get 3 weeks for that. Just sick of the NRLs double standards, he'll probably get off..

Remember this is the same Billy who use to dive studs first at players attempting to score.
Thats exactly why they had to impose the Billy rule. No feet first defence. Yet he still does it and still gets away with it, but many penalties have been given against others for the same thing.

And that is how this will go. They will rule in his favour and cop the flack after the game is done.

Reactions: Defence
Fuck I hate the storm & refs. How many forward passes did they call in that game? Where was this at mount smart when we played the sharks? They ping the sharks for being in the 10 a couple of times in the first half, when we played the panthers in the finals I thought the defensive line had been reduced to a 6m, zero consistency with refereeing....roll on the nba session

Um ...... dontcha think the coach has something to do with set piece moves - not the players ?

When it comes to the spine I think Greeny and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck are there, Johnson's the only one that really needs a more consistent output.

The big thing to watch with the storm is the interchange between their best players. The amount of variations they've had of Smith to Cronk to Slater or Smith to Slater are crazy. They can do it around the ruck, on the short side, from scrum plays, attacking pieces or wherever.

For the last few seasons we've started to do that by putting in kicks for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to grab onto but we always drop our nuts and stop using it after the first 8-10 rounds for some reason. We also used the old melbourne storm outside-inside play once this year but it was really clunky and we never went back to it (even though it worked).

When we signed Roger Tuivasa-Sheck I thought for sure that we'd be seeing him running off of Johnson's shoulder a lot but it just never happened. Something tells me that the players (mostly Johnson) don't like getting out of their comfort zone and are too scared to try these little set pieces when the games on the line and therefore always revert back to the tried and true (right hand sweep). If that's the case we might be on for some trouble. Hopefully our new coaches can help us get some attacking formations set to utilise our best players.

Watching these guys do this stuff (especially at their age) is both infuriating and but also astounding.

I literally said so in he second last line of the post.

The NRL had supposedly stopped that happening by saying a players market value was what would get recorded against a teams salary cap.

Is that the case for all players or just some? I remember they came in over the top of Foran's contract because they thought it was too small and maybe Hayne's aswell at some point but I wasn't aware that they do it for every player (especially fringe FG players ).