General NRL 2018 FINALS Week 2 - General Discussion

Are you jumping on another bandwagon? If so which team?

• Storm

• Roosters

• Sharks

• Rabbitohs

• Panthers

• Dragons

Results are only viewable after voting.

bruce

Contributor
about 90,000 as opposed to the Sharks and Panther's 20,000
You reckon there were 20000 at the SFS?? It looked more than half empty to me. The ends definitely were, and the top of the far side.
crazy how popular AFL is, their crowds would dwarf NRL and Super Rugby crowds put together (and most of the teams are based in Victoria!)
Part of that is because there is nothing else to do in Melbourne except eat at good restaurants and the game is shite on TV.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
You reckon there were 20000 at the SFS?? It looked more than half empty to me. The ends definitely were, and the top of the far side.

Part of that is because there is nothing else to do in Melbourne except eat at good restaurants and the game is shite on TV.

aint it funny that they can do so well with crowds, but TV experience is really crap, where as the NRL is the exact reverse. The AFL is currently trialing a change in rules to a more netball like system, where they limit how many players are allowed in the circle by the posts to make players spread out and make it more watchable. So at least the NRL isnt doing anything like that, I mean i know theres 2 sets of reffing standards for Finals games vs the rest of the season and multiple sets of rules that they can change mid season by talking about interpretation, but at least they arent trying to change the entire look of the game

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Depends if the peptides kick in.
Playing like a fresh 20 year old, at 37 years old. Driving through injuries without feeling any pain, until his arm just stops working. Where have i heard stories like this before. Hmm steroids come to mind. And it aint like he doesnt have form. I wonder which of the tricks he would use if he were taking drugs to get past the testing? someone elses piss, someone eles blood or just storing the stuff in a fridge from one of his down periods and then hiding it in his jocks till he gets tested? Or maybe he just shows up and says i am the mighty Gallen, tho shall not test me. I mean it kinda worked for him before.

Makes you wonder about the power of Peptides though. If it can keep a man like him on the field imagine if JT, Cronk, Slater, Smith and Ingless were all on it, I mean they could all play into their mid 30s. Oh wait....

bruce

Contributor
aint it funny that they can do so well with crowds, but TV experience is really crap, where as the NRL is the exact reverse. The AFL is currently trialing a change in rules to a more netball like system, where they limit how many players are allowed in the circle by the posts to make players spread out and make it more watchable. So at least the NRL isnt doing anything like that, I mean i know theres 2 sets of reffing standards for Finals games vs the rest of the season and multiple sets of rules that they can change mid season by talking about interpretation, but at least they arent trying to change the entire look of the game
That is because rugby league had to face falling crowds in 1960 when England had recovered from the war and people had more leisure options than standing in the drizzle watching the game. British TV was looking for live sport and it has gone from there. AFL is a bit like union. Bloody boring on TV but a lot of support. NRL was shagged by the Super League wars so it should recover

about 90,000 as opposed to the Sharks and Panther's 20,000

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...0/news-story/eb0a9c447f335a8f5eed5f29c2bbb472

crazy how popular AFL is, their crowds would dwarf NRL and Super Rugby crowds put together (and most of the teams are based in Victoria!)

I don't know if it'd fix crowd attendance but they need more games out of Sydney. Should kick out these clubs that are constantly breaking the rules and bring in teams in other areas.

This sydney-centric bs is ruining the competition.

AFL is one of those rare games that are better to watch live then on telly because of the 360 nature of the game. They have die hard followers and overall the product is just better. Greater coverage, greater analysis and commentary better game day experience the list goes on. I don’t think NRL will ever catch up to footy.I love in Melbourne and I’m yet to meet a league supporter who isn’t a kiwi.

Reactions: Viking and ttkk19

I don’t know about that man. If you can’t find anything to do in Melbourne your probably better of dead

bruce

Contributor
I don’t know about that man. If you can’t find anything to do in Melbourne your probably better of dead
I got that from a Melbourne resident. He said that is why the Boxing Day test is so popular, there is nothing else to do.

From Melb can confirm this. Afl no where near as good on tv.

I got that from a Melbourne resident. He said that is why the Boxing Day test is so popular, there is nothing else to do.
First time I’ve heard someone say there’s not much to do in Melbourne. The place is buzzing.
Most places are closed Boxing Day bro so yeah the cricket would be a good option for a sport loving city.

Reactions: Aman and Citygirl
Go the dragons..............

upload_2018-9-15_21-55-6.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: bruce