• A+

• A

• B

• C+

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maraea

Maraea

Awesome to get the win. I thought they looked a bit flat. Parra were terrible. Great that left edge came into play a bit more, they got most of the tries I think. Shaun Johnson did a couple of good kicks but also stuffed up a couple of opportunities when they had good field position. And what was Hoffman doing getting the ball on the last tackle again? What a brain fade. If I dont see him getting the ball on the last tackle next week that'll be an improvement. If Lisone made no errors this week good on him. Gavet is great.

Reactions: 6 users
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Yea that reshuffle was strange to me too.

Also... Who would be responsible for the strategy to kick the ball into touch when behind on the scoreboard? They did it three times, one of those Ken cut off and we started in great field position

Unfit, or the warriors had to much energy for them.

Asking little Kaysa Pritchard to play 80 and make 50 tackles is also a tough ask.

They’ve got the Tigers this week, their forwards need to come out breathing fire. Matagi and Mannah is not a strong pair of starting bookends.

I’m happy for the win, but I don’t think we overcame a top outfit. Good test this week.

Reactions: 2 users
jonno

jonno

Unfit, or the warriors had to much energy for them.

Asking little Kaysa Pritchard to play 80 and make 50 tackles is also a tough ask.

They’ve got the Tigers this week, their forwards need to come out breathing fire. Matagi and Mannah is not a strong pair of starting bookends.

I’m happy for the win, but I don’t think we overcame a top outfit. Good test this week.
We definitely need to lift our game if we want to beat the Raiders.

Reactions: 1 user
Makasene

Makasene

We definitely need to lift our game if we want to beat the Raiders.

Absolutely.

I'm quite glad that Foran's first two games back have been against weakened opposition.

The Season starts now really with Raiders, Storm, Roosters, Panthers, Dragons, Broncos to come. Following that matched against Parramatta, Titans then a bye

Reactions: 1 users

Dunedin warrior

The next five are crucial and all tough games. After that Broncos will be without their origin players and we are set up nicely for our origin run with three games on the Friday after origin.

Improvement on the the week before and a win which is all we can ask for. Tough ask for the next few weeks but if we keep improving we might stay in the hunt for the playoffs.

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Raiders, Storm, Roosters, Panthers, Dragons, Broncos... do we have some hope for theses games now? Panthers and Drags for sure, jag another one (maybe Roosters) and we're 6 from 12, right in the hunt. Any more than that and I'll need meds for derealization and chronic spontaneous orgasms.

• Haha
snake77

snake77

What about the state of the surface yesterday. A lot of talk last week before the Titans game how it would go after the Adele concerts it looked worse this week. Looks like the rain last week caused a few issues.

The grass all faded plus it being a day game gave it an old school feel. Felt like watching the old Auckland Warriors from the 90's just needed to throw on some heritage jerseys to look the part.

Lucky we didn't come out of the game with any knee injuries looking at how the turf came up at some points.

Billy Teets James

So good to wake up on a Monday morning after watching that game.
Was proud of the effort!
Just watched the replay, Couple of things that caught my eye.

Lillyman - His best game in a long time!
Drove hard on attack. And stopped defenders in their tracks! And did so with a smile (Almost a laugh) everytime! He was really enjoying it!

Super Mannering - Well, He brings it every week. I still call him our Captain.
Gave away a few penalties hanging on to long.
Also, The wrap around with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck he should of off loaded, Would of been try time!
Did a few times actually. Should of passed the ball on but took the hit up. But oh well, Superman can do what he wants.

Fusitua - Smashed Radradra, Made semi a semi hard opponent. Bundled him into touch with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. A metre from the tryline? No one has ever stopped the big bula from that close!
Imagine when this kid fills out a bit more (Big enough, But he's still growing) And with another year of experience behind him? He'll be the best center we've ever had.

Kata - gets a haircut and looks like he gained 10kg of muscle!? Lol. He looked sharp! Still looks like he needs a couple more games to get back to 2016 Kata.

Big Ken - He is winning me over. No thrills, Makes big metres. Mistake rate very low.
Still wish he would charge into the line like a Okesene/Paleasina.
Kept his shape when receiving pass from Foran for his try. Defensively, had one of his better games.
Keep it up big fulla.

Foran/Roger Tuivasa-Sheck/Mannering/Gavet MenOfMatch.

Not sold on - Ayshford - I like Aysh. Dependable, Does his job with no thrills.
Should still be there as Lolohea hasn't earned the right to displace him.
Obviously has a to more skill than Aysh.
But lacks confidence at the moment.
And with Manu coming back soon , I don't think either will be there anyway.

Lisone - I know he has many admire on here. But his discipline and 1 hard run every 10th run up does my head in.
His defence was better this week. But usually falls off or misses a few to many for my liking.

Gubb - I'm a huge supporter of the Gubb Meister. He plays with heart & passion. Tackles hard(Misses a few to many) And runs hard (For little gain) but he tries hard. Also has a problem with his discipline.
Could carry him if the other 3 props were on fire. Unfortunately, Hes Taking up space for one of the more deserving players in NSW Cup(Pat Sipley /Vete although average at the mo, is a better option than Gubb).

NSW Cup team - They're going very well. Can't get to carried away with promotions as only reserve grade. But, When does Klokstad get a run? Patrick Sipley is as tough as nails. Vete & Sipley looked big, strong & powerful. Satae has a heap of potential. He impressed me.
Pat in particular wouldn't look out of place on the bench in first grade.

Very proud of the boys! Can't wait for next week.

#WarriorNation

Evil_Mush

Evil_Mush

For me the best thing about this game was a single word that we haven't seen much of lately - energy.

Was pervasive throughout the whole game across the whole team.

I hope to see more throughout the whole season!!!

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Its clear that the team spent most if not all of the preseason with Foran as the main pivot. The way he was left to run the show while Shaun Johnson inserted himself where he saw fit is how the team should always have been structured as. It also showed with the amount of attacking shape had that these moves have been months in the planning and we were really only waiting for Foran to add the missing link.

I was amazed at just how much shape and structure we had. What might not have been so clear on the TV was the amount of coordination that was going on off the ball. While one play was being played out the next one was well in place. We were having 5 plays in one set that was planned! For repeated sets!!! When the fuck has that last happened? Decoys, double decoys either side of the ball carrier, forwards running off forwards, double backdoor options... even Kata was stepping back into the line to straighten the defence. Once we got into the red zone we just sent wave after wave of attack.

Some of the timing was off with players arriving late or early but the signs for our offence are looking awesome. Like the new line the second rowers are running. Last year it was more about cutting back into the play. They seem to playing very straight and closer to the ball carrier. Offering both an option and decoy that opposition teams just cant ignore.

Going to be very interested to see how this structure goes up against the Storm in two weeks who really are the masters of it.

Best defensive game the Warriors have played this year. Structure there has changed. Back to be flat or your standard umbrella defence which seems to have shored up the hole behind the ruck. Also helps that players were making their tackles on the edge. Fusitua had Semi marked all day.

Best crowd I have seen at Mt Smart in a long time. The vocalness was the best bit. Booing when the Tigers were offside or the refs had made a harsh call. Thought some of the holding penalties we were called on were ridiculously soft. Going to be unreal crowds if the Warriors get on a roll...

Reactions: 18 users
Tragic

Tragic

I haven't watched the game on Telly yet coz missus and daughter won't let me turn off this MKR shite but went to the game and a few things stood out.

Lotsa movement off the ball, mannerings stats were amazing but add in how much he does off the ball and the dude is unbelievable, foz and Shaun Johnson also running into position a lot and seemed to know where to go like me said.

The effectiveness of mannerings tackles is incredible, they hit him at Pace and they stop, end of story.

I was on kens wing side in second half and he took right option not going for corner imho. He is a monster in person, dwarfs everyone just about, needs to make more of that size but going ok.

The high kicks from eels were really high and swirling, when first one went up my first instinct was oh shit that's the kinda kick we drop, then I saw Roger Tuivasa-Sheck getting under it and thought nah we are sweet and he just took it and off he went. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck gives confidence at the back as well as being dangerous when he runs.

Lotsa things happening for the kids, good atmosphere, club is doing good things.

Reactions: 8 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
That play was a shocker from the Ref IMO.

If Luke had stayed in the play, and played to the whistle he might have put an effective tackle on with Lillyman and the try might not have been scored. This bad habit of relaxing and then blaming the refs is bigger than any one player IMO. It's just that in this case it's Luke who's guilty of expecting perfection from the whistle blowers.
Luke is a lazy bastard, but immensely talented when booted up the arse.

Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

Game reminded me of the kiwis 2014. Very high pace and structure with the options for Adlib if it presents itself. Kearney isn't and adaptive coach he has a system and the players are starting to follow it to a T. Great belief at the moment. Great to see everyone working for each other. Notice Shaun actually led the team around the park? He can organise knowing he has someone like Foran to support and help. If Foran doesn't stay I can see Shaun leaving.

Best game I've seen From our boys I've seen in a couple years for sure.

Sebastian

Sebastian

Big fan of Bodene Thompson. And would love to see him re-signed. Perfect hole runner at his best and always puts his body on the line. Seems to love playing the Eels but you can always count on him to always play at a high standard. Be very happy to offer him 2 years.

Also how good is Fusitua going. He is growing into "The Chest" in my opinion. Man he's tackling like an American wrestler where he makes contact and buries them into the ground using his build. Lovely development. Well in Fusitua.

2 players growing well and developing nicely. Cannot wait to see how this season pans out development wise with Foz guiding one side and Shaun the other.

snake77

snake77

I was amazed at just how much shape and structure we had. What might not have been so clear on the TV was the amount of coordination that was going on off the ball. While one play was being played out the next one was well in place. We were having 5 plays in one set that was planned! For repeated sets!!! When the fuck has that last happened? Decoys, double decoys either side of the ball carrier, forwards running off forwards, double backdoor options... even Kata was stepping back into the line to straighten the defence. Once we got into the red zone we just sent wave after wave of attack.

Some of the timing was off with players arriving late or early but the signs for our offence are looking awesome. Like the new line the second rowers are running. Last year it was more about cutting back into the play. They seem to playing very straight and closer to the ball carrier. Offering both an option and decoy that opposition teams just cant ignore.

Going to be very interested to see how this structure goes up against the Storm in two weeks who really are the masters of it.
From the TV you can't see all of the shape taking place but you could see the side was throwing a lot at the defense. There seemed to be a lot of plays and a lot options. There was a couple of interesting plays. One with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck coming in off Foran but the pass/run was slightly off, the space was there though.

Seeing the halves play on different sides of the field or link together was great to see.

It will be interesting to see how this attack goes against the better defensive units. Johnson not being stuck on the one side of the field will cause a few headaches. The oppositon will be doing video of him for the left side defense. We have seen over the last year or two when he runs a play on the left it throws the defense out.

The first few weeks we were getting high completion rates but weren't doing much with the ball. The last two weeks the completion rates have been up there but we have been a lot better side to watch.

The next few weeks will be interesting. Our losses so far have been against two sides going quite well in the Storm and Dragons, the Bulldogs have been a bit up and down but still are a challenging side.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
how good was the bunker decisions?

funny how people are quick to jump on them when there is a perceived wrongful decision which results in a try to the opposition or a no try decision against us. Everything went our way this game and it's all quiet on the western front.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users