• B

• C+

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Bring Matulino in for Gubb and it is looking like a good side. If we can keep key players fit I think we could finish somewhere in the bottom half of the 8.
Mate we are one blown try off 9th already, mind you Canberra at home will be a different level, The Eels are a club in crisis.

leaguejunkie

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 20, 2016
Another week, another win. I could get use to this!

The boys put in a good 80 minute effort. They stuck to their processes, held firm on defence, and was able to keep out a threatening Eels attack in the second half. The defining moment for me was watching Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Fusitua bundling Semi into touch where it looked like for all money that he was going to be in. Courage, commitment and a don't give up attitude really came to mind watching that moment.

The forwards ran with heart and laid a good platform for Luke to make his darting runs from dummy half. Another solid performance by him to back up his performance last week.

There is no question that Foran has brought something special to this club. It's contagious and the boys are soaking it up. Good direct play. Some measured kicks. A couple of try assists to boot. I hope that he continues to perform well for us this season.

Shaun Johnson again stepped up to the mark and showed his class in places.

Honourable mentions go out to Fusitua and Ken. Both brought the ball out of our end zone with interest and got us on the front foot.

A bit of a quiet one for Kata. Put on a great step in the first half to beat his man but went missing after that. I hope he can find some confidence soon.

Overall a very pleased supporter.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
They used to be, but they aren't now. Watch Boyd play fullback, never lets himself get anywhere near the sideline or the goalline, just turtles immediately.
Ok...but if he turtled there were enough there to drag him into touch, and he wouldn't have been able to use his legs to struggle. He is my MOM without a doubt and that is considering that Foran, Gavet, Mannering and Shaun Johnson had blinders.

Red

U20's Player
Apr 1, 2017
Tamaki Makaurau
Very good win. Parra were always going to come out strong in the 2nd after poor 1st half. Good way to grind out a win from the boys. Warriors can take away alot from this game especially the way Parra came out in the second half and the fact we didn't fold and were able to respond the way we did.
I think the boys can only get better from here. Big test will be against a top four/eight team away from home. Need to make Mt Smart a fortress but also need to create a good road record.
Our spine again was great Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was huge, Johnson and Foran playing either side always keeps opposition defences guessing and Issac Luke again had a monster game. The boys around them were really good, forwards made good ground and outsides were bloody solid. Ayshford had a strong game. Ka mau te wehi boys, you fellas were awesome. Bring on next week. WARRIORS ALL DAY.

david95

U20's Player
Nov 16, 2014
Toronto, Canada
They used to be, but they aren't now. Watch Boyd play fullback, never lets himself get anywhere near the sideline or the goalline, just turtles immediately.
Plus, he should have been angling his body downwards and away from touch when he made contact with the oncoming tacklers. Instead, he stepped back off his left foot before contact, just for a moment, but all his body weight was going then back towards the sideline and he wasn't trying to get low. Just a small mistake, and he was terrific in everything else he did, but it's one he'll learn from with any luck.

Jordan G

And would I be right in saying no errors

Not from Lisone. Penalties and Errors were clean.

Over chased on one player and got stepped easily for that almost Rajarjar try. Teams will start to notice that and target him one on one with quick players if he doesn't keep working on it.

Reactions: Miket12

Jordan G

Lol. Aussie Commentators.

"Earlier at Mt Smart the Warriors got the win 22-10 over the Eels. Eels had a couple of tries disallowed so not sure the final score reflects the close nature of the contest."

They were disallowed because they weren't tries. What a gimp.

david95

U20's Player
Nov 16, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Not from Lisone. Penalties and Errors were clean.

Over chased on one player and got stepped easily for that almost Rajarjar try. Teams will start to notice that and target him one on one with quick players if he doesn't keep working on it.
He also put in a really good effort just a minute or two into the second half. Can't recall who the Parra player was, but he beat a poor attempt at tackle at the line and would have been through, if not for being chased down by Lisone from behind after he came from marker. Good to see, along with cutting out the errors today.

WarriorBall

You can see the boys slowly gaining confidence in our game plan, when we go away from it we become the 'old Warriors'.

I thought we did exceptionally well to limit the Eels offloading, we'll need to back that up against the Raiders next week if we're to stand any chance of containing them.

Kata was better, Fusitua was very strong with ball in hand.

Not sure what happened to Sao, he played minimal minutes.

Matulino must be close to a return, we'll need him against the Raiders.

Reactions: Miket12

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings