• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
jonno

jonno

Because I was reading the forum before seeing the game, I knew towards the end of the 1st half a sin binning was coming.

When Tupou got pinged, was like really? That was it?

On replay can see the extra grab, thought Johnson was milking initially. Not like Tupou appealed it, so I guess he knew what he was doing.

We had those sin bin for us / not a sin bin for the opposition calls last year, on grubbers in the in goal. The refereeing wheel of karma turns slowly sometimes
Would have been interesting to see a wide shot of the tupo play. I'm guessing the whole roosters team was offside after the failed kick return.

Reactions: 1 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Would have been interesting to see a wide shot of the tupo play. I'm guessing the whole roosters team was offside after the failed kick return.
It was also the 2nd time they committed that foul..

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor

Yeah you would think. Sky had a shitter on their coverage, did they even show the pearce offside properly?

If you rewind can see it clearly - but they just let it run.

Reactions: 2 users
snake77

snake77

Interesting that the NRL article
https://www.nrl.com/monday-morning-h...-wrong/tabid/10874/newsid/106268/default.aspx
says the Warriors play the ball speed was actually faster than the roosters.
That will help feed the flames of the Roosters fans thinking they were hard done by. They had to get up quickly while the Warriors got to lay around the play the ball. I saw a post on my Facebook feed from a Roosters fan saying they were up against 14 men which seemed to be getting a ton of likes.

The did get away with some shocking forward passes.

The last call probably grates a bit. I have to give it to Trent Robinson though he accepted the call as correct. Most coaches would have probably still gone off on it.

Both teams put on a great game considering the conditions and the short turn around from ANZAC Day.

Defence

Defence

Just checking on maumalos errors- he's had 10 this season which puts him 24th in the nrl- not too bad really considering 90% of the guys with more are also outside backs.
You're gonna get a few errors out wide.
Here's the top 10
IMG 6352

Reactions: 6 users
Leaguegod

Leaguegod

I held my breath for about 5 minutes after that drop goal sent me to the strap to beat the kids, oath we needed that call, I am hard on the brothers but I give credit when it is due and yesterday they earned some kudos, lets hope they can take it away with them, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is the best league player going around right now, and Foran is a defensive genius, his reads were amazing, if we can keep it up I may be able to relax my bowels. Cheers Warriors paid good half and full too!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Maraea

Maraea

Kearney's tactics with the interchange are keeping the other teams in games. Every week we get to about the 55th minute with only 2 subs used. Madness, then we are out on our feet and have to hold on with constant rolling prop subs for the last 20 mins.

subbed matulino/gavet after the 60 mins, twice I think?

Lets Gone

Just checking on maumalos errors- he's had 10 this season which puts him 24th in the nrl- not too bad really considering 90% of the guys with more are also outside backs.
You're gonna get a few errors out wide.
Here's the top 10
View attachment 23023
If you go through the list, they all score tries, albeit they probably are making these errors in the act of trying to score.

Whereas Ken doesn't create enough opportunities for himself to score.

Miket12

Miket12

If anyone here knows who the jerk in the western stand who called Tupou a "monkey" after he was sin binned, contact the club and let's get this idiot banned from Mt Smart. There's a big difference between being a passionate supporter and a racist who doesn't deserve to go to any games.

Reactions: 21 users
rugged

rugged

I'm surprised they let it go given Napa's history of shoulder charges and high shots… it looked like shoulder contact to the head to me.
In general, the Rooster forwards tended to lead with the shoulder far more than most other clubs

Reactions: 1 user
jonno

jonno

If anyone here knows who the jerk in the western stand who called Tupou a "monkey" after he was sin binned, contact the club and let's get this idiot banned from Mt Smart. There's a big difference between being a passionate supporter and a racist who doesn't deserve to go to any games.
Theres no need to be nasty. Prick, fuckwit and cu** are all perfectly acceptable insults.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Tragic

Tragic

I thought they were offside all day but then I think that every week so I am either blind or the refs aren't policing teams playing against us. or maybe I am one eyed?

Reactions: 1 user
jonno

jonno

Talk about your game of two halves.

We crushed them in the first half.

Warriors: 8 point lead. 141 more running meters. 82 less tackles. Must have felt like victory heading into the sheds.

And they blitzed us in the second.

Roosters: 29 more runs for 386 more running meters! 60 less tackles! Ouch.

Lucky for us us they only won the second by 7.

Over the last 5 seasons, we dead set lose that game by 20. The only change from last week was the structure of our edges. Maybe we've found the winning combos?

Reactions: 6 users
Sup42

Sup42

Talk about your game of two halves.

We crushed them in the first half.
View attachment 23024
Warriors: 8 point lead. 141 more running meters. 82 less tackles. Must have felt like victory heading into the sheds.

And they blitzed us in the second.
View attachment 23025
Roosters: 29 more runs for 386 more running meters! 60 less tackles! Ouch.

Lucky for us us they only won the second by 7.

Over the last 5 seasons, we dead set lose that game by 20. The only change from last week was the structure of our edges. Maybe we've found the winning combos?
The second half fails are legendary at the Warriors and they predate Kearney.

We hold the record for most 18 point leads conceded.

As such you could argue Kearney is having limited impact.

He certainly has not solved the second half struggles.

How is it that our team can open a game and look like Minor prems....then come out of the half time dressing sheds and play like the worst of the worst in the comp ?

What Kearney is achieving is an eighty minute defensive mindset.

That is gaining him respectable performances yet his team languishes in the lower eight.

Clearly the problems are complex.

My suspicions are that the Warriors are well prepared by coaches which is how you get the dominant starts to games .

Thereafter there is a horrible mental problem.....for example....when we are 18 ahead....our type of player adopts a false confidence......they assume they have some breathing room.

There is no breathing room in the NRL.

If u humiliate an NRL team with an 18 point lead.....they will come for you....they will have all the motivation in the world to go up several gears.

The Warriors are like a boxer who knocks down his opponent then gets intimidated when the other bloke gets back to his feet and starts hurting you.

The best thing Kearney offers is a very simple idea.

Tackle you win.

Hold the ball you win.

That's all SK is doing when we hear this Wank language 'Processes'......'giving ourselves an opportunity to win'.....

And in the case of the epic Defence against the Roisters 'finding a way to win'.

Kearney has no magic solution.

He does have a mindset which will change the way the Warriors play long term.

Will the players buy in ?

Yes....this lot will coz most of them are Kiwi internationals. Mind u there will be some dissenters ( Matulino signs with Tigpies).

Are this lot capable of forming Kearney's Army ?

I would have had question marks up until the watershed victory over the Roosters.

As Kearney identified.....we eon because we tackled and waited for a chance.

So take another look at the first half versus 2nd half Warriors.....

Both Warrior incarnations have consistency in defence.

That's Kearney.

Reactions: 4 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor

How is it that our team can open a game and look like Minor prems....then come out of the half time dressing sheds and play like the worst of the worst in the comp ?

That is gaining him respectable performances yet his team languishes in the lower eight.

My suspicions are that the Warriors are well prepared by coaches which is how you get the dominant starts to games .

Thereafter there is a horrible mental problem.....for example....when we are 18 ahead....our type of player adopts a false confidence......they assume they have some breathing room.

If u humiliate an NRL team with an 18 point lead.....they will come for you....they will have all the motivation in the world to go up several gears.

The Warriors are like a boxer who knocks down his opponent then gets intimidated when the other bloke gets back to his feet and starts hurting you.

Tackle you win.

Hold the ball you win.

That's all SK is doing when we hear this Wank language 'Processes'......'giving ourselves an opportunity to win'.....

And in the case of the epic Defence against the Roisters 'finding a way to win'.

Yes....this lot will coz most of them are Kiwi internationals. Mind u there will be some dissenters ( Matulino signs with Tigpies).

I would have had question marks up until the watershed victory over the Roosters.

That's Kearney.

SK seems to be sorting out the players who don't have it. TBH his comments on TV didn't show that he was very disappointed about Mutts leaving.

jonno

jonno

That's Kearney.
I think our second half effort was caused by the lack of genuine opportunities the chooks presented us with. Their swarming defense was very effective. And our guys tried to create something out of nothing way too many times for my liking.

We would have been better off completing our sets and keeping them starting their sets from their own end. That would have frustrated them and created some opportunities IMO. It also keeps a lot more gas in our tanks for attacking plays when the hole finally arrives.

We needed to go into grind mode on attack.

But in saying that having a rock solid defense will lift their confidence for victory no end, which will help get them into the zone more often.

Tylz

I held my breath for about 5 minutes after that drop goal sent me to the strap to beat the kids, oath we needed that call, I am hard on the brothers but I give credit when it is due and yesterday they earned some kudos, lets hope they can take it away with them, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is the best league player going around right now, and Foran is a defensive genius, his reads were amazing, if we can keep it up I may be able to relax my bowels. Cheers Warriors paid good half and full too!

Are you feeling ok mate? I've seen a few positive posts about Foran coming from ya. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Tylz

Tackle you win.

Hold the ball you win.

That's Kearney.
Didn't Daniel Anderson focus on teaching the basics as well, Maybe that is the key for the Warriors?

Tackle, hold the ball and the rest might just take care of itself.