• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sup42

Sup42

I watched a replay last night. I just don't get some of the negativity. To me it was two teams having a red hot go at each other in the best sense of the term. I thought it was a terrific game.

Both sides forced each other into errors, that is credit to both sides. The Warriors have now set a benchmark for Defence and need to maintain it. Attack is about half a second out of time. Shaun Johnson's intercept is one. Some issues in timing running onto the ball. I saw Gavet have to stutter step to take a pass and still nearly break through. Little things like that.

Some one like Dave maybe could answer a question for me, why was Lisone packing at 2nd Row in scrums with Bodene at Prop, is there anything in that?
Had another Look at the replay.

Was that for attacking scrums or defensive?
I saw a Defensive scrum....so not as a result of rushing to set a scrum to stop the clock.

Personal preference perhaps, I played with some guys who did the same thing because they thought it was easiest to pop out and get wide quicker from there than in the second row where you are trapped in.
The scrum I watched went the other way due to where the scrum was set i.e. Lisone doesn't bind properly and breaks away testing the laws to the letter, he gets away faster than anyone in that scrum.

It's an interesting one.

The Roosters scrum had a very narrow blindside, it was nearer the touch line than the centre of the field.

So the ball was 99 % likely to go to the open side, which is where Lisone looks to have positioned himself to use his cheeky qucik break from the scrum, and use speed to chase the ball he ends up a long way from the set piece. Bodene ends up having a 'Props rest' by virtue of not having to run anywhere.

One to watch in future.

Good effort from Lisone on that play in any case.

Reactions: 1 users
Weno

Weno

Just checking on maumalos errors- he's had 10 this season which puts him 24th in the nrl- not too bad really considering 90% of the guys with more are also outside backs.
You're gonna get a few errors out wide.
Here's the top 10
View attachment 23023

Jordan Rapana does everything at a hundy.
Going to make mistakes easy when you do things his way.

Sup42

Sup42

Watching the replay Sao started quietly, then he went hunting for Napa and JWH, hit his targets too.

Refreshing to see our forwards manning up to JWH, Mutts rocked him, Gavet roughed up Taukeiaho.....Luke put in some rib ticklers GOOD STUFF!

Reactions: 7 users
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Watching the replay Sao started quietly, then he went hunting for Napa and JWH, hit his targets too.

Refreshing to see our forwards manning up to JWH, Mutts rocked him, Gavet roughed up Taukeiaho.....Luke put in some rib ticklers GOOD STUFF!
this is the problem I have when people look just at stats. 'But player x was on the field for y minutes and only made z tackles'

What the stats don't tell you is the quality of the tackle and the impact they have on the opposition players and their subsequent runs. JWH wasnt the dominating player he has been earlier in the year and in previous encounters with us.

Reactions: 4 users
InsideBall

InsideBall

Sao's been given a very obvious mission statement, which I personally think he's been fulfilling pretty admirably, starting with that Dragons game.

I believe it goes something along the lines of: "Go out in the middle, and hurt people."

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

My last word on this game, they played through the 80 minutes, too often in the past these sort of games the Warriors would put the cue in the rack with 20 to go.

Rugby (both codes) is a bloody simple game if you can defend, it means less points to score to win.

Reactions: 1 users
jonno

jonno

My last word on this game, they played through the 80 minutes, too often in the past these sort of games the Warriors would put the cue in the rack with 20 to go.

Rugby (both codes) is a bloody simple game if you can defend, it means less points to score to win.
When you make it impossible for the other guys to win, you make it impossible for your team to lose.

Defense is the basis of confidence IMO. With shit defense, no matter how amazing your attack, you'll lack confidence.

Reactions: 2 users