Team List NRL 2017 Round 8 - Storm vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorBall

Given that Manu is probably not a starter these days with Matulino back we will have a full strength lineup. Does anyone know the last time this happened? We have been brutally unlucky with injuries the last few years.

I heard somewhere it'd been 18 months since they last played with their first string spine so it's at least been that long if not longer.

Khaboom

Khaboom

What a boost it would be if Mutts came back and recaptured the form of a couple of years ago. Him as he was plus James Graham... and Josh Reynolds now KF is gone from 2018 - gotta find that blue sky!

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Sup42

Sup42

Speaking of top line ups, I suspect the Beast still holds favor when fully fit.

For me personally.....I'm neutral on Ken V Manu.

I'm liking Kens handling skills, he seems to be able to turn faster and take kicks in behind on the bounce very well.

I miss mt.wellington 's Stat break down of which edge we are conceding trys. The break down of which edge we score from became Kata Vs the right edge.....now Forans in their....Manly styled backrow/loose forward hole running Trys are on the table.

I wonder if Kearney will ever be tempted to use Manu and that left edge in the fashion he has for the kiwis.

That would see Kata gone from the Left, in favor of a center that can get the Maximum from set moves with Foran, Fusitua or Ayshford....Roger Tuivasa-Sheck injected into the line......

That opens up the possibility of using Forans pin point short kick....the tap back from the center.....Manu..... Vs one defender within arms reach of the try line.

Certainly it won Games V the Roos....having that capability.

Kata on the other hand passes left to right, and his charging style suits the Hurrell role in a Right side set play.

Whatever happens I can't get upset with Ken.....he's not the one selecting his position.

I actually think there is room for Ken and Manu.

I would have one of them off the bench bringing the 'energy' the like of Gubb and now Sao and Lisone are meant to lift the side with.

Lisone is the best of that list of 'energy' bench men.....But looking at Lisones shit defence.....I guarantee you Manu would shit over any of those forwards as an impact bench injection.....and defensively in short bursts Manu can't do worse as a forward than Lisone.

Reactions: 3 users
eric

eric

Going into this game with the worst attack in the comp. We haven't been scoring many points against the Storm lately either...

IMG 3436

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
quite a few of those teams have played an extra game than us though

Reactions: 1 user
eric

eric

quite a few of those teams have played an extra game than us though

Yeah I didn't forget that. What are we expecting to score against them? History says 10 or under. Which would still keep us in bottom 4 attacking teams.

Makasene

Makasene

Yeah I didn't forget that. What are we expecting to score against them? History says 10 or under. Which would still keep us in bottom 4 attacking teams.

Not really about how many you score but how many you keep out.

Would anyone hear think we could replicate what the Titans did this weekend and restrict the Sharks to 12 points on their home ground? Doubt it.

rattis6

I'm guessing they want to develop CNK as a proper fullback so they have an option if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck goes down again. In which case playing him in ISP at FB is a better option than pulling a Tui and putting him in 1st Grade as a wing.
im sure the bloke can do a job on the wing, he can still play fb i rekn and wing

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
So Im trying to schedule the gameday thread but how the hell does the team list thread work? Guess we wont be needing a pick your team one or is the team list Tuesday now on Wednesday???

eric

eric

Not really about how many you score but how many you keep out.

Would anyone hear think we could replicate what the Titans did this weekend and restrict the Sharks to 12 points on their home ground? Doubt it.

Yeah yeah I know the old 'attack wins games, defence wins championships' saying - but what good is solid defence when you can't convert possession into points?

Titans managed to score 16 and win it. We could restrict the Sharks/Storm to 12 but would we be able to score 16? Probably not.

Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

So Im trying to schedule the gameday thread but how the hell does the team list thread work? Guess we wont be needing a pick your team one or is the team list Tuesday now on Wednesday???

According to radio sport our team is announced on Thursday this week.

davewjnz

davewjnz

According to radio sport our team is announced on Thursday this week.

Yes I heard (on car radio) we will be given 48 hours after tomorrows game to name our team.
All 4 teams that play tomorrow play next Sunday
The following weekend being test weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
cro.warrior

cro.warrior

28-6 Warriors to win. Melbourne to score from 3 penalty kicks.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Miket12

Miket12

My prediction - not once will the Storm be penalised for a third player coming in late after the tackle has been completed.... the Warriors will get pinged twice for it.

Reactions: 3 users
Makasene

Makasene

Yeah yeah I know the old 'attack wins games, defence wins championships' saying - but what good is solid defence when you can't convert possession into points?

Titans managed to score 16 and win it. We could restrict the Sharks/Storm to 12 but would we be able to score 16? Probably not.

I'm not too worried with our attack since Foran has come into the team. 50 points combined against Eels and Titans.

Would have been 14 last week if not for Crokers defensive play of the year, 20 had Ken not been judged to knock it on prior to Kata going over.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.