minute

How do you rate the teams effort?

• A+

• A

• B

• C+

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
If they're going to make that many mistakes, they need to be a lot fitter is all I was meaning.

Otherwise we aint winning shit this season.
The team should be as fit as they can possibly be by round 1, the only players that may not be are those that got a shortened preseason due to injury. There seems to be a misconception from the general public that a player can continually get fitter which just isn't possible. If the strength and conditioning staff tried doing that during the season, the players bodies would break down. Overtraining basically.

Once the players are at peak fitness, trainers should be looking to maintain that level while spending time on skills, like not making mistakes that will ultimately increase their fatigue. Of course, the collective peak fitness level of one team may be different from another but I doubt it would be much in this day and age.

I would be more concerned with their nutrition than their fitness, the club can make them train hard but making them eat properly is another story.

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Bob

Contributor
The team should be as fit as they can possibly be by round 1, the only players that may not be are those that got a shortened preseason due to injury. There seems to be a misconception from the general public that a player can continually get fitter which just isn't possible. If the strength and conditioning staff tried doing that during the season, the players bodies would break down. Overtraining basically.

Once the players are at peak fitness, trainers should be looking to maintain that level while spending time on skills, like not making mistakes that will ultimately increase their fatigue. Of course, the collective peak fitness level of one team may be different from another but I doubt it would be much in this day and age.

I would be more concerned with their nutrition than their fitness, the club can make them train hard but making them eat properly is another story.

Completely agree.

I think the likes of Kata are naturally gifted with muscle, but the compromise is they have a small motor.

I'd say the same for Luke. And as much as Bruce likes to bag him for not being fit, he's probably near his peak.

Only half heartedly watched the game live as I had a human of the female variety at my house....didn't quite believe all the comments about how bad the officiating was but having now watched a reply the refs should be fuckin disgusted with themselves.

Reactions: 1 users
One of the key differences between the Warriors and teams that are consistently good is the ruck speed. The Raiders game was a good example of that.
Canberra were always hustling on attack and most importantly gaining the advantage in the tackle by getting to their knees quickly to ptb. For a lot of the time they had us backpedalling and the crowd baying for offside penalties because there simply wasn't time to get back the 10.

When we were on attack we often got dominated in the tackle and couldn't seem to avoid being 'turtled' by the defense which obviously lost us some impetus.
Melbourne are also very good in the ruck area and I don't think it's necessarily a fitness issue rather than what they are being coached to do. Maybe other teams are just better at it than we are but it's something that needs to be addressed I reckon if we are to compete.

One of the key differences between the Warriors and teams that are consistently good is the ruck speed. The Raiders game was a good example of that.
Canberra were always hustling on attack and most importantly gaining the advantage in the tackle by getting to their knees quickly to ptb. For a lot of the time they had us backpedalling and the crowd baying for offside penalties because there simply wasn't time to get back the 10.

When we were on attack we often got dominated in the tackle and couldn't seem to avoid being 'turtled' by the defense which obviously lost us some impetus.
Melbourne are also very good in the ruck area and I don't think it's necessarily a fitness issue rather than what they are being coached to do. Maybe other teams are just better at it than we are but it's something that needs to be addressed I reckon if we are to compete.
I remember seeing an interview with Cam Smith a few years ago and he was asked why the Storm struggled with the Warriors so much. He said it was the Warriors ruck speed. I think part of it is that the Storm find it hard to cope with the Warriors unstructured, off the cuff attack, it throws their defensive systems out. Not much of problem these days as the Warriors don't have as much 2nd phase play as they used to.

Reactions: 3 users
They went away from their structure in the 2nd half, once lost a good team will not you regain it. This game actually showed our guys can foot it with the big boys, if they keep their structures.

It will be hard for Kearney to make changes until the structure is 2nd nature to the players. Not fair to introduce players like CNK to a half baked structure. They are getting there. I expect a whole lot better against the Storm

Poor D from Kata and Ken, they have been good this year in that regard so I forgive them, this time.

Ausy comms commentating a Canberra match in Canberra are commentating for the home team.

The NZ commentators are no different, they will cover the Warriors almost exclusively during the game
Yes the NZ commentators show a bias towards talking about the Warriors but don't constantly complain or demean the oposing team in the manner Cocker Roach does towards us.

It got to the point where Issac Luke put in a nice kick on 5th tackle and Roach complained that he had kicked it because we had Johnson and Foran in the team.

In contrast, last night he called his Tigers vs. Eels, where his team choked in the Last 20 or so mins to give up a 12 point lead and lose by 4.

Not one bad word said about the Tigers though.

His excuse? "The Tigers are a young team".....Boy get the fuck outta here you fat anti-warriors piece of trash.

:mad:

Reactions: 2 users
They went away from their structure in the 2nd half, once lost a good team will not you regain it. This game actually showed our guys can foot it with the big boys, if they keep their structures.

It will be hard for Kearney to make changes until the structure is 2nd nature to the players. Not fair to introduce players like CNK to a half baked structure. They are getting there. I expect a whole lot better against the Storm

Poor D from Kata and Ken, they have been good this year in that regard so I forgive them, this time.
It's hard to play a structure when we're dropping the ball so to speak 15 times in one half.

Yes the NZ commentators show a bias towards talking about the Warriors but don't constantly complain or demean the oposing team in the manner Cocker Roach does towards us.

It got to the point where Issac Luke put in a nice kick on 5th tackle and Roach complained that he had kicked it because we had Johnson and Foran in the team.

In contrast, last night he called his Tigers vs. Eels, where his team choked in the Last 20 or so mins to give up a 12 point lead and lose by 4.

His excuse? "The Tigers are a young team".....Boy get the fuck outta here you fat anti-warriors piece of trash.

We need to use blocker as inspiration. Every time we drop nuts were gonna here about it from him.

Reactions: 1 user

bruce

Contributor

he played all his career for the Tigers at Balmain, and then cost them a grand final.

I may be wrong but as good as Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has been getting good metres, this game and the eels game have been the only 2 I recollect where he made huge breaks (in Eels game he made a good 30-40 metre break) and the Raiders game where we should have scored a try. I hope this is a sign he is getting to the explosive best he had at the Roosters in 2015. I feel like he is a few games away from really exploding.

bruce

Contributor
Are you referring to 89? If so then that last bit is not accurate - Roach was filthy when he was taken off the field.
So Warren Ryan took him off because he was showing no signs of fatigue? Sorry I never was a fan of Roache and feel pissed off about paying Sky TV to listen to his ramblings. People rubbish Daryl Halligan but he talks way more sense than Blocker.

bruce

Contributor
I may be wrong but as good as Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has been getting good metres, this game and the eels game have been the only 2 I recollect where he made huge breaks (in Eels game he made a good 30-40 metre break) and the Raiders game where we should have scored a try. I hope this is a sign he is getting to the explosive best he had at the Roosters in 2015. I feel like he is a few games away from really exploding.
Maybe because the defences have most of the other backs except Shaun Johnson worked out.

So Warren Ryan took him off because he was showing no signs of fatigue? Sorry I never was a fan of Roache and feel pissed off about paying Sky TV to listen to his ramblings. People rubbish Daryl Halligan but he talks way more sense than Blocker.
Ryan took Roach and Sironen off and got blasted for it - the consensus view was that those decisions cost the Tigers the game.

Exactly...so why did he take them off? It was because they were shagged.
Ryan was too defensive in his mindset, Roach was still going ok when he was subbed. If you are going to blame a single player for the Tigers loss then you would start with Wayne Pearce for dropping the ball with the try line in sight, followed by Garry Jack for dropping the kick, followed by Elias for hitting the crossbar followed by Mick Neil for being ankle tapped. Roach was a great player - but yeah he's ordinary with the mic.

Reactions: 2 users