minute

How do you rate the teams effort?

• A+

• A

• B

• C+

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Without checking the stats from last year my guess is our completion rate is better, our defence is more aggressive, and they seem to be playing to a plan, but not for 80 minutes yet. They weren't doing that last year and just kept going downhill, which was obvious to all, especially the lack of game plan. That is my observation and hope, otherwise Chris Rattue might be right, and I don't think he is, I think there is light at the end of the tunnel but it is a bloody long tunnel that is going to take another full season to get out of.
The Warriors have flattered to deceive in previous years, they have put in good performances but never consistently.

The results at the back end of the season will be the true indicator, they have been in the hunt up until the last 8 rounds in previous seasons but then capitulate. If they aren't even in the hunt by that stage this year, they have regressed.

Reactions: 3 users
Without checking the stats from last year my guess is our completion rate is better, our defence is more aggressive, and they seem to be playing to a plan, but not for 80 minutes yet. They weren't doing that last year and just kept going downhill, which was obvious to all, especially the lack of game plan. That is my observation and hope, otherwise Chris Rattue might be right, and I don't think he is, I think there is light at the end of the tunnel but it is a bloody long tunnel that is going to take another full season to get out of.
So far we've beaten the Knights, Titans and Eels - every chance those are the teams that end up 14th to 16th this year. Coming up we have the Storm (A), Roosters (H), Panthers (A) and Dragons (H but not at Mt Smart) - who do we go in as favourites against out of that lot? What really concerns me is that during that very tough run of games it is likely the Shaun Johnson will be making a decision on whether he stays or goes to greener pastures. We better jag some wins or else that tunnel could be looking a hell of a lot longer very quickly!

Reactions: 2 users
Looking forward to mutts coming back if he bring his A game(would add another offload option line bender) ...was really impressed with the whole team in the first half ...we out performed a top4 side the biggest PACK IMHO .... really good signs for sure ... Just Fucking pissed we could have won we had those raiders team on the ropes at time ..them the ref fucked us ...even the one eyed commentators called a strip and pocket ref!!! But no the second raiders player latched onto the ball didn't cause it to be dropped

• Haha
Our forward rotation was shit, why does Hoffman have to play 80 mins is it part of his contract or something? he played well 40 minutes but then got gassed 2nd half, rotate the forwards so our backs don't have to do extras. Drop balls killed us and of course the refs didn't help, Foz defended too much but is getting much better when we gets Manu back and Mutts and Foz hammering the short side then we can compete. FYI I am putting bookie cash and hard earned money on Warriors to roll the fucken storm next week. Kaching kaching

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
So that was the best performance so far this year?

At this stage of the season, the last 2 years, the Warriors had exactly the same record.
No I wouldn't (and didn't) say that.

Last year was last year, pulling one stat can be short sighted.

Too many variables such F/A, H/A, teams played and their current and past form.

I've watched our lads since day one and have genuinely struggled to hang on over the past five years - but I'm a little excited at what they're building since Foran ran out.

I genuinely feel they're are building to something and haven't felt that way since late 2011.

I think some of us expect to win every game.

So stats aside, I'm comfortable with what's building, gut feeling I'd say.

And it's a big gut....

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
You give the best attacking team in the comp 40 minutes on your line and we've done well just to concede two tries.
You have to be a very fit side to defend all the sets the Raiders enjoyed in the second half.
Another assessment that I forgot to make was that of our game plan.
You could see in the first half that we were making a conscious effort to keep the ball in play and tire out the big Raiders pack. Last tackle play, Johnson bombs to center field. No kicking for touch, no running the ball on the last play, just keep turning the big boys around. Then, when we get into some good field position and the Raiders pack looks gassed, send Roger Tuivasa-Sheck back through the middle.

The game plan was simple but effective, and executed to perfection. If only we were able to keep implementing it in the second half I think we really could have broken open the Raiders defense in the last 20 min.

Shout out to the man upstairs (no, not God) Stephen Kearney (okay, God too) for giving us some much needed structure and direction. We can only get better from here.
Bang on.

During the crucial period of five Minutes either side of half time, the Raiders were way more vulnerable in a tight contest.

They were on the ropes.

Then this obscene thing happened where the players melted themselves down.

Our players put more pressure on themselves than even those ridiculous refs added....pressure that wasn't anything to do with the Raiders....who themselves were suffering a state of Shell shock inflicted by the Warriors.

That's why Kearney's a good fit.

Love him or hate him.

He has plenty of experience of Kiwi teams that put pressure on themselves during hard games against Australian teams.

Last edited:
If you had two identical teams and one played 20% better than the other in the first half and then roles were reversed in the second half the team that played better in the second half will always win. And that's not something philosophical or even Rugby League related, its because the referees always try and level things up in the second half in terms of penalty count and possession. So when you play slightly worse than the other team but get hammered by the refs as well it is near impossible to stop the rot.

Reactions: 4 users
G'day All,

That 2nd half was season defining and they blew it, we have seen games like this every year that delude us into thinking they are better than they acually are, the officiating was just as bad as the Panthers game but instead of showing real Mana they crumbled.

Very little has changed for us, Fozz makes a difference but we still have a Coach that has identification problems and doesn't know how to use his bench strategically.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has actually watched a game or 2 to not tell you the biggest problem we have and have had for ages is our lack of Props, (hearing this off Yawnion lovers that watch sweet fuck all hurts my feelings)
James is playing really well but only really doing what a Prop should do, the way he has been talked about this year you would believe he is breaking the line and offloading at will to support players in holes.

I dont know wtf SK does with Lillyman, his stats look good but he gets dominated offensively and defensively now and is a huge momentum killer and seems to be teaching bad habits to the young fullas eg handbrake and reverse in.

Gubb is a waste of a spot, I would rather see Bunty and the Sipley's developed.

Vete has potential, but as we have seen for far too long potential usually equates to years of developing just to be released because they aren't good enough week to week.

Completely over watching teams with skilful actual Wingers.

Fuckshit life as a Warriors supporter can suck the happy out of you.

Reactions: 8 users
I hope the boys take this on as a real lesson on what's required to hang with the top teams.

I do take alot of positives from that loss, but at the end of the day is the wins that matter and we need to be better

Reactions: 1 users

Citygirl

Contributor
jonno jonno have you got a vid of Bodene's dumb offload in the first set after halftime? That set the scene for the half.

followed up later with an extra dumb forearm penalty that will earn him a suspension

I thought he passed the concussion test?

Maybe they could use that as his defence? The test was broken

Is this an NRL repeat sets record?

It kind of gives me hope for the future. We can't play this bad again, and we still only lost by 12 to a serious premiership contender.

watching the first 20mins of the 2nd half on Maori TV, the Warriors screwed themselves, in 5 minutes they had a head high, a spear tackle and a dropped bomb before Leilua was ushered over the try line

Reactions: 5 users
watching the first 20mins of the 2nd half on Maori TV, the Warriors screwed themselves, in 5 minutes they had a head high, a spear tackle and a dropped bomb before Leilua was ushered over the try line
Hearing that gives me a lot of hope for the season.

• Haha
the main ref should have had the raiders top on ..... so fucking one sided how many six more tackles for the raiders anytine the boy was dropped yet when we should have got one nothing ....FUCKING CUNTY cu** FACE

Commentators GO GET FUCKED it's not NZ NZ NZ it's the fucking Warriors ...this is not the national side ....

pocket ref "it was a strip"

I have always said that.
We are an NRL team , not a country.
Ref for the love of the game , not a nation.
Just like commentating , but we cant get a fair deal there either.
Not that our commentators are to flash.

As much as we can wish.
We will be lucky to see the names CNK , Pauga or Allwood in tomorrows line up.
But we will still see the name Gubb.
Thought he was going okay , but it is not enough.
Would rather Dave Tyrell or Jason Clarke from the Bunnies.
Unheralded but good honest toilers who put there hard yards in.

I have always said that.
We are an NRL team , not a country.
Ref for the love of the game , not a nation.
Just like commentating , but we cant get a fair deal there either.
Not that our commentators are to flash.
Ausy comms commentating a Canberra match in Canberra are commentating for the home team.

The NZ commentators are no different, they will cover the Warriors almost exclusively during the game

Reactions: 3 users
Ausy comms commentating a Canberra match in Canberra are commentating for the home team.

The NZ commentators are no different, they will cover the Warriors almost exclusively during the game

Wish there were more Graham Hughes callers around.
Just loved the game , no matter who is playing.

Its the defensive lapses and possession that need addressing. Always has been. The team are not unfit as you like to spew with no evidence. The game last night is meant to have had the most metres per minute of any game this season. Thats speaks to the sheer pace the game was played at. The Raiders were running out of steam. 5th tackle they were always looking to kick it out. We had the Raiders on the ropes but couldnt hold onto the ball in the second half to save ourselves.

I'll say it again, the team are not unfit. Find another conspiracy theory...
If they're going to make that many mistakes, they need to be a lot fitter is all I was meaning.

Otherwise we aint winning shit this season.

Reactions: 1 user