• A+

• A

• B

• C+

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

bruce

Contributor
Who is the option to replace Maumalo though, Manu? Manu is probably the stongest edge defender physically we have, none of the other options would be able to stop Leilua on the line
A good point and I think shows the true situation that SK faces. My guess is they have given him a long time to get things right and allowance for the fact many of the squad are not up to it. That seems to include Manu and Mutts The only people JD didn't tell were the fans, because why would he, it would be financial suicide.
Ayshford isn't a winger either.

I don't think outside backs were the real problem though, we lack some big bodies in the forwards or fitness. The Warriors looked gassed after having the ball a lot of the first half. They were either exhausted from competing with the bigger opposition or lack fitness.
Both teams were gassed, it was a fast and physical match. I could tell because Luke went MIA much earlier than normal. The crunch came with those tandem dud calls in our half, the boys are only human and it showed then.
That said, can't keep going on about it. Ken is not a winger. I don't give a shit how many meters he makes, he is literally the slowest, most unathletic winger I've ever seen.
I think back to when Tony Iro first started at Wigan. He was very young and only got signed by Graham Lowe because he was Kevin's brother. He was built like Ken but he used it. I was at Eden Park when Wally Lewis tried to hit him hard and came off with a broken arm. Tony went on to much better things in the forwards at the Roosters. So Ken might look like Tony Iro, but he isn't and Iro must know it so why has he signed him?

Exciting first half, the boys played really well, a few points short I thought going into the break. Second half was dissapointing so many mistakes, just turned into a fizzer from our point of veiw, we just couldnt get any momentum, we got stung a couple times by ref errors at crucial times, which made a resurgent Raiders even more harder to overcome.

Also in the second half there were 2 repeat sets from Raiders grubber kicks (both almost identicle) while in our 20 that were called "played at" by the Refs, at first viewing I thought they were just kicked into the legs and should have been play on, can anyone confirm?

Kata and Maumalolo were dissapointing, I was hoping Kata would get under BJ's ribs drive him back, give him niggle and really fustrate the fucker, but it was like Kata got bamboozzled like a possum caught in headlights, hes been the biggest dissapointment for me this season.

got pretty pissed off by the refs when Gavet threw Papalii like a rag doll, but gets penalised because the poor ref got boooed by the crowd, what a dick weak minded softcock ref. Big ups to Gavet hes becoming a favorite, huge impact, no backward step and he hurt those big Raider forwards ...... anyway cant wait till Mutts comes back just missing more go forward.

Watching the replay it looked pretty clear to me that Roger Tuivasa-Sheck hadnt grounded the ball at all. Not even close actually.

Amazing save from Crocker. Play of the match...
Watching the replay it looked pretty clear to me that Roger Tuivasa-Sheck hadnt grounded the ball at all. Not even close actually.

Amazing save from Crocker. Play of the match...
Funny, was watching highlights before - never got it down. I'm sure in the press conference he said he got it down? Great play by Croker.

the main ref should have had the raiders top on ..... so fucking one sided how many six more tackles for the raiders anytine the boy was dropped yet when we should have got one nothing ....FUCKING CUNTY cu** FACE

Commentators GO GET FUCKED it's not NZ NZ NZ it's the fucking Warriors ...this is not the national side ....

pocket ref "it was a strip"

Last edited:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Blaming the refs is a cop out. Fair and square. The first half there was more than 5 shots of our defense line offside and the refs did nothing.

Out team is unfit. When they get tired they look for the easy offload to get us out of trouble.

And as much as I hate Steve Roach, our edge defense was pathetic... We need to stop giving him amo to shoot us with.
Might wanna get your internet stopwatch and ruler out. The team is far from unfit...

bruce

Contributor
we were offside almost all of the first half and didn't get penalised.
Only the Warriors? Just asking like.
. Kata must've missed his physics 101 class. Momentum going forward + momentum going backwards is only going to lead to more momentum going backwards.
Mate I didn't do physics 101 and I know that.
And why can't he find this stuff out for himself in reserve grade?
Because there is nobody good enough in first grade to replace him

Another assessment that I forgot to make was that of our game plan.

You could see in the first half that we were making a conscious effort to keep the ball in play and tire out the big Raiders pack. Last tackle play, Johnson bombs to center field. No kicking for touch, no running the ball on the last play, just keep turning the big boys around. Then, when we get into some good field position and the Raiders pack looks gassed, send Roger Tuivasa-Sheck back through the middle.

The game plan was simple but effective, and executed to perfection. If only we were able to keep implementing it in the second half I think we really could have broken open the Raiders defense in the last 20 min.

Shout out to the man upstairs (no, not God) Stephen Kearney (okay, God too) for giving us some much needed structure and direction. We can only get better from here.

Another assessment that I forgot to make was that of our game plan.

You could see in the first half that we were making a conscious effort to keep the ball in play and tire out the big Raiders pack. Last tackle play, Johnson bombs to center field. No kicking for touch, no running the ball on the last play, just keep turning the big boys around. Then, when we get into some good field position and the Raiders pack looks gassed, send Roger Tuivasa-Sheck back through the middle.

The game plan was simple but effective, and executed to perfection. If only we were able to keep implementing it in the second half I think we really could have broken open the Raiders defense in the last 20 min.

Shout out to the man upstairs (no, not God) Stephen Kearney (okay, God too) for giving us some much needed structure and direction. We can only get better from here.

There has to be penaltys on the players who keep making mistakes tho, keep dropin the ball you end up in reserve grade, Kearney has to be hard on this even if it means bringing a rookie up.

Reactions: jonno
It's a little like formula 1, where the spine is the driver and the rest of the team is the car.

You can put Lewis Hamilton in the Hass F1 car and he's not winning shit cause the car is too slow.

But if you put him in the fastest car then you've got a real shot at the title.

Our team isn't the fittest in the league, so having the best spine in the history of the NRL wouldn't get us a title, cause the opposition just have to wait for the big warriors forwards to tire and it's lights out for another warriors game.

Might wanna get your internet stopwatch and ruler out. The team is far from unfit...
My thoughts exactly - claiming the boys lacked fitness is as bad as a Aussie commentator saying we have a big forward pack.

Problem with this iteration of the Warriors is continual mediocrity means they are judged based on old cliches.

It was a fast paced match and both teams looked spent. Canberra were afforded prime opportunities and made the most of them (if not off ref blunders or poor individual defense) where as we didn't (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck try, Kata questionable no try).

Only ignorance will make one believe we are the same basket case we've had to deal with the last few years....

My thoughts exactly - claiming the boys lacked fitness is as bad as a Aussie commentator saying we have a big forward pack.

Problem with this iteration of the Warriors is continual mediocrity means they are judged based on old cliches.

It was a fast paced match and both teams looked spent. Canberra were afforded prime opportunities and made the most of them (if not off ref blunders or poor individual defense) where as we didn't (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck try, Kata questionable no try).

Only ignorance will make one believe we are the same basket case we've had to deal with the last few years....
Focusing on fitness is looking at something that's under our control.

The refs decisions and the bounce of the ball isn't under our control.

That's why I'm a believer in being the fittest team in the comp.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
That's why I'm a believer in being the fittest team in the comp.
Its the defensive lapses and possession that need addressing. Always has been. The team are not unfit as you like to spew with no evidence. The game last night is meant to have had the most metres per minute of any game this season. Thats speaks to the sheer pace the game was played at. The Raiders were running out of steam. 5th tackle they were always looking to kick it out. We had the Raiders on the ropes but couldnt hold onto the ball in the second half to save ourselves.

I'll say it again, the team are not unfit. Find another conspiracy theory...

Rather than fitness it was more a case of not scoring tries when we were dominant in the first half, I'm not sure that taking the two at that point was the right option. Refereeing decisions aside there were too many errors made in the 2nd half to put pressure on them. You give the best attacking team in the comp 40 minutes on your line and we've done well just to concede two tries.

bruce

Contributor
the questions I would be asking is what, if anything, are these players taking away from the sessions? Are they learning anything? Are they listening and participating? Are they applying what they have learnt at practice and during games?
The answer is obviously no, probably for a variety of reasons.
I feel sorry for those in IsP if that is true.

Highly uninspiring to hear people say that.

Kata and Maumalo must feel very comfortable knowing theres no one good enough to replace them.
You tell me a centre and winger able to replace either. People talk of CNK, but he is obviously too short or has something else SK doesn't like, who is the FG quality centre you are going to replace Kata with. It is human nature to perform better if there is somebody who can take your place, just ask Konrad Hurrell who said he slacked off when he got signed to a good contract.

Reactions: leaguejunkie

bruce

Contributor
Its the defensive lapses and possession that need addressing. Always has been. The team are not unfit as you like to spew with no evidence. The game last night is meant to have had the most metres per minute of any game this season. Thats speaks to the sheer pace the game was played at. The Raiders were running out of steam. 5th tackle they were always looking to kick it out. We had the Raiders on the ropes but couldnt hold onto the ball in the second half to save ourselves.

I'll say it again, the team are not unfit. Find another conspiracy theory...
The team got stuffed mentally by a combination of fast pace, dud calls, and the crowd. Where I would agree with Jonno is on Luke's fitness. If he is fit to FG standard I would be surprised, any inside information Welly?

Reactions: leaguejunkie
Boys, we lost, move on.

Combination of a very good team at home, a poor call or two and some errors in the second half.

Anyone can see we're improving week by week, it's a long year.

I'm more concerned with the recruitment issues.
So that was the best performance so far this year?

At this stage of the season, the last 2 years, the Warriors had exactly the same record.

Last edited:

bruce

Contributor
So that was the best performance so far this year?

At this stage of the season, the last 2 years, the Warriors had exactly the same record.
Without checking the stats from last year my guess is our completion rate is better, our defence is more aggressive, and they seem to be playing to a plan, but not for 80 minutes yet. They weren't doing that last year and just kept going downhill, which was obvious to all, especially the lack of game plan. That is my observation and hope, otherwise Chris Rattue might be right, and I don't think he is, I think there is light at the end of the tunnel but it is a bloody long tunnel that is going to take another full season to get out of.

Reactions: Raw Power