Team List NRL 2017 Round 5 - Warriors TEAM LIST v Titans

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think no matter who they selected as 18th man they would have played the day before.

Usually the 18th man stays with the First Grade squad but sometimes they do play the lower grade game too (ISP or U20s) as was the case with Ayshford.

The mistake here was they were so confident in Foran playing that they brought Aysh in as a formality more than anything. Also, the ISP are top of the table and played last year's Champs so would have wanted to field a strong side.

End of the day no one could have foreseen Foran being a late scratch besides the League gods who hate us.

I think you're right there, but I can't say I agree with how the Warriors have prioritized in this case.

Do we put up a full strength reserve side or take one/two of their players and throw them onto our extended bench just in case they're needed? For me it's an obvious decision, the reserve grade side isn't the priority. It's there so our other players can compete for positions and stay match fit. Winning in reserve grade doesn't mean anything if it's at the expense of the first grade side.

I think it's bad judgement from the coaching staff personally.

Reactions: 1 user
Backing up the next day is no excuse to drop ball and misread the defence, some Footballers play 4 games in a week and the State of Origin players back up no problems, so Ayshford had NO excuse, cry me a river, try fighting drunks for a living. sooks, excuses, get a real job then.

I think backing up the next day is a pretty good excuse to be perfectly honest (not that the players should be making any). You might feel fresh straight away but it wouldn't take long before the fatigue (physical and mental) would start to settle in.

Sorry are you referring to european football or american football? I don't think either of those sports are similar enough to league to warrant comparison hey. Europian football is non-contact and american football is played in short sharp bursts between teams that can have upwards of 50 players switching on and off.

While Origin players do back up it's usually not for three or four days and they're usually used sparingly. Very different to playing two 80min games in as many days.

The fact is Ayshford should not have backed up, the situation was mis-managed. In saying that, he's definitely not the reason we lost, at the end of the day the team just isn't performing.

It was either play Ayshford (18th man) or go into the game with 16 available players, chop and change positions and muck up what Team structure was left after having your 5/8 pull up injured 5 mins before kick off.

I swear some of you piss on SK for the sake of it.

Fair enough, I didn't know Ayshford was 18th man. But if he was, my point is, shouldn't he have been withdrawn from the ISP squad? Bugger up the U20s team - it's the last year of that anyway, so who cares? Why carry an 18th man for your NRL team up until kick off when he's obviously buggered from playing a previous match?

For those who still care, Vete and Mason dropped off the extended bench 24 hours from kick off.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Backing up the next day is no excuse to drop ball and misread the defence, some Footballers play 4 games in a week and the State of Origin players back up no problems, so Ayshford had NO excuse, cry me a river, try fighting drunks for a living. sooks, excuses, get a real job then.
had to laugh ....good one....your job sounds horrid.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
With Vete and Mason dropped from the extended bench you would assume Foran will start tomorrow.

I will be annoyed if they are just keeping him in the team to get a crowd to the game and then announce he is not in the team an hour before kick off. The must already know if he is up to playing tomorrow.

Reactions: 5 users

WarriorBall

With Vete and Mason dropped from the extended bench you would assume Foran will start tomorrow.

I will be annoyed if they are just keeping him in the team to get a crowd to the game and then announce he is not in the team an hour before kick off. The must already know if he is up to playing tomorrow.

I know if I were playing for the Titans side I'd get a lift outta knowing Foran wasn't playing just minutes prior to kick off so it's the type of thing that could backfire on the Warriors if they intend to play those sort of games.

Reactions: 1 users
Fair enough, I didn't know Ayshford was 18th man. But if he was, my point is, shouldn't he have been withdrawn from the ISP squad? Bugger up the U20s team - it's the last year of that anyway, so who cares? Why carry an 18th man for your NRL team up until kick off when he's obviously buggered from playing a previous match?
That's a fair point, I mentioned in another post that the coaching staff would have been confident that Foran would play that they used the 18th man merely as a formality.

Again, after a year off from footy due to off field matters and shoulder surgery who knew he'd suffice to a hamstring tweak 5 minutes before kickoff?

Try fighting drunks for a living?
Do you fight the drunks for their maccas chips outside McD's on Queen St for a living?

• Haha
It's gonna be interesting round here this time tomorrow night.
Either we won- they're 2 from 5, foran is the messiah and we're off to the finals or....
we've been bashed at home by the middle of the road titans they're 1 from 5 and the season is effectively over.
It's a big, big game.
She's all on.

Bloody Oath she's all on.

I would have liked to be banking on Foran and Johnson having a couple under the belt before we hit bottom of barrel but....it is what it is.

The Tits are perfectly placed opponents to give the Warriors a fair fight.

I don't expect a win....coz Warriors.....but I expect the Tits should be made to play the game of their season to walk away with a scalp.

Look.....Forans not a Messiah....but league is about combinations.

Johnson and Foran, in Form, beat Thurston and Cronk.....so......get that man playing in a Warriors Jumper.

If Forans return is going to fire up anyone in this team you would think that the following list will put their bodies on the line:

Mannering
Luke
Shaun Johnson
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.