Team List NRL 2017 Round 4 - Dragons vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

tajhay

🏉
Yea Woolongong is a tough place to win for any team let alone us being the Dragons bunnies.

We are playing at Kogarah not Wollongong.
Hopefully get a good crowd of kiwis to the game to support the Warriors on Sunday evening for the first away game in NSW.

Cant disagree about being their bunnies 5/19 matches played against them is woeful. We have probably been favourites most of those games too.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have some stats to back that up? In his games last season that I checked his missed tackle count compared favourably with the others.
Just watch the highlights of the games I mentioned - he'll show up unfavourably at key points in each game. The first Raiders game was dreadful. As Defence said in a post a few back - he's inconsistent. I always felt that he was at his worst at critical points in the game - perhaps it was simply that his defensive errors led directly to tries. My preference is to never have to watch him play again.

We are playing at Kogarah not Wollongong.
Hopefully get a good crowd of kiwis to the game to support the Warriors on Sunday evening for the first away game in NSW.

Cant disagree about being their bunnies 5/19 matches played against them is woeful. We have probably been favourites most of those games too.
My bag.... Kogarah it is.. Warriors usually have a great following in NSW as well as Melbourne, GC and Brissie. Yet no game in Brissie this year... I have been to Townsville the last couple of years, a great trip, but Warrior fans we are few.

Reactions: 1 users

Inruin

Contributor
Just watch the highlights of the games I mentioned - he'll show up unfavourably at key points in each game. The first Raiders game was dreadful. As Defence said in a post a few back - he's inconsistent. I always felt that he was at his worst at critical points in the game - perhaps it was simply that his defensive errors led directly to tries. My preference is to never have to watch him play again.
its hard having to cover across with Manu on the other wing then scramble to get back and cover your side too

• Haha
This will be a close game. They have pretty bad attack but they have a hard working forward pack that has more balls and guts than ours. They should win this one being at home but it will be close. They don't score too many but we might edge them through the efforts of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and the decoy of Foran that might free up johnson.

Dragons 13+ SK has got the team playing a boring style thats not working....I wasn't impressed with his signing and the first 3 games showed no enterprise especially in the offensive 20.. I think Forans selection in the 21 is just the throw attention off the fact that no changes were made to the starting 13 except for Manu as a injury replacement...the second 40 last week was one of the most lethargic displays I have seen ... have they no pride!!!

Reactions: 3 users
ill be there. slight rant coming but i emailed the warriors membership team seeing if i could purchase a ticket for my partner as she lives in the area and trying hard to convert her to the warriors. so they answer my questions that they cant purchase a ticket i have to do it myself. thats fine but downside is its allocated seating so we probably wont sit next to each other ( i hate people who dont sit where they are allocated). anyway they assigned me a ticket. frustrating #awayfansproblems

but on a side note anyone from the forum going?

Reactions: 3 users

Jordan G

With Ayshford, Sao, Gavet all named in NSW Cup it would seem likely that the only question now revolves around Foran, Clark, Hingano and who will start, bench, miss out.

This will be a close game. They have pretty bad attack but they have a hard working forward pack that has more balls and guts than ours. They should win this one being at home but it will be close. They don't score too many but we might edge them through the efforts of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and the decoy of Foran that might free up johnson.
Bad Attack??????

Sorry, not trying to be offensive but have you not seen any of their games this season? or are you basing your astute observation from last years performance, because, and correct me if I'm wrong, but if you look at the leader board and look closely at the column marked points scored, you will see that they are equal 4th for points scored, so not sure what your thinking is there.

As to the forwards you are right, they are tougher, hungrier, meaner and more of a team than our forwards

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
I'd like to see or hear from the super advisory board. Surely they have some input after the stuttering start to the season.

Hah, if EW hasn’t lost interest in that yet, they’ll just be strolling the golf course, getting Eric Mangini on the phone – “hey, going to the states soon, can you get us a meet and greet with Tom Brady – seems like a real cool guy”

Last edited:
  • Haha

Jordan G

Bad Attack??????

Sorry, not trying to be offensive but have you not seen any of their games this season? or are you basing your astute observation from last years performance, because, and correct me if I'm wrong, but if you look at the leader board and look closely at the column marked points scored, you will see that they are equal 4th for points scored, so not sure what your thinking is there.

As to the forwards you are right, they are tougher, hungrier, meaner and more of a team than our forwards

Points scored after 3 rounds isn't exactly the best gauge. They scored 42 points in their opening game against a disinterested Panthers side. 1 good result can heavily skew things in the opening 5-6 rounds.

Their attack has been consistently bad for some time, it will take more than 1 result to transform that reputation.

Having said that, this is the Warriors - they will score 20+

Bad Attack??????

Fair enough on stats based you're probably right. From what I saw against the sharks I feel they like they don't offer much with Widdop and mcrone. They didn't have many points in them against the sharks and they seem to want to grind it out through the middle so I feel they won't pile the points on us if we get into the grind with them. I haven't seen there previous games so I can't comment on that but what I saw against the sharks theirs nothing special about their attack

Fair enough on stats based you're probably right. From what I saw against the sharks I feel they like they don't offer much with Widdop and mcrone. They didn't have many points in them against the sharks and they seem to want to grind it out through the middle so I feel they won't pile the points on us if we get into the grind with them. I haven't seen there previous games so I can't comment on that but what I saw against the sharks theirs nothing special about their attack

They scored plenty of points against Penrith in round 1. I doubt we would have many points in us against the Sharks. The Dragons forwards got over the top of the Sharks and that pack includes Gallen, Fifita , Lewis and Graham. On that basis they will detroy us up front.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Is it true Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is in doubt again?
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will play. He's been cleared.

Kieran Foran will start if he passes his final test during the captains run. Right now thats looking like a simple formality. He's been tackling the props all week and been putting his shoulder right behind his tackles.

Ata Hingano to lose his place but he may be added to the bench. Whatever the case he will travel with the team...

Reactions: 27 users
Status
Not open for further replies.