minute

Were you happy with the result?

• HELL YES!

• Yes

• Yeah but they made it hard on themselves

• No

• $#@';*@"!?']{^

Results are only viewable after voting.
It sucks that SK hasn't clicked his fingers and we're the Melbourne Storm - but shit that was never gonna happen anyway.

What I'm commending Doyle for is cleaning up the internal mess - the broken foundation - of what the club was once standing on.

We're now reframing the structure of the Warriors - SK is discovering some of the exisiting structure is rotten and needs to be demolished before new framing is applied.

Gez I hope SK and Doyle can make the Warriors great again.

;)
But you have to admit, at the moment there is no evidence that they have setup the club for success, they hope they have.. but until things change on the field there is no evidence.

This is just more 'keeping the faith', I guess we have the current setup for the next 3 years and then we can hear the same things again from the new coaching staff

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't expect a rebuild - I expected improvement from last season.

improvements after 3 games - zip, zero, nada, nil, none.....
The rebuild began in 2015 when Doyle jumped on board and is still ongoing.

I do a agree our start has been dire this far. But considering a new coaching staff, not yet being able to field a full strength squad etc...

Still too early to make a judgement in terms of improvement.

Reactions: 3 users
But you have to admit, at the moment there is no evidence that they have setup the club for success, they hope they have.. but until things change on the field there is no evidence.

This is just more 'keeping the faith', I guess we have the current setup for the next 3 years and then we can hear the same things again from the new coaching staff
I concur that, If by evidence you mean our on field results thus far, they don't suggest we're heading to the promised land.

However I don't believe this regime by Doyle is built on faith.

There is genuine belief in ownership, staff and coaches that the stars are aligning.

End of the day the ball stops with The players.

Whether or not this regime can get the best out of the players is TBD. But way too early to come to conclusions.

But I believe that we're heading in the right direction.

Charnzes Nicoll Klokstad gotta get a NRL Debut. i dont know why im saying this but maybe a new centre from 2nd grade. forans gotta start. give Big Tof Sipley a go nxt week. maybe the likes of James Bell come up. chur with a different line up only we will see if The Warriors will do good.

WarriorBall

Justin Hodges made a career out of running from dummy half never saw him pass when he got to dummy half, Solo would give us so much front foot plays and time on the ball it is a sensible call, and I know he can pass, but alas it seems some warriors coaches just can't see it. 2017 dead

Are we seriously having this discussion, getting rid of Luke to move Kata into hooker!? that's being sensible? tell me your taking the piss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user

Jordan G

Tof Sipley was a late scratching for the NSW Cup team so question mark there.

Patrick on the other hand was apparently an absolute beast.

CNK if given a shot at some point will grab it and not look back.

L

I expect ground hog day until they have that entire spine fully fit.

That would require a couple of Foran games with the full star ensemble and a reasonably kind attrition rate to our forward pack to be realised.

I guess I subscribe to the fabled Kiwi spine + Coach being good enough to lift this side to a measurable level of improvement.

Given predictions about Forans return....that won't happen till dreaded round six....possibly seven.

Based on how slow we are to adjust to the pace of the NRL, I imagined a horrible start.

Even if you subscribe to the no change theory ( I do in the first quarter) all things being equal their is reason to expect a lift during Origin.

Without evidence, I expect this side if all are fit....to finish the late rounds stronger than seasons past.

Sure....that belief is not grounded in past Warrior reality.....but if you were to pick a New Zealand cast to threaten with less than a half dozen games to go.....SK coach.....the Kiwi spine....would be top of your picks.....a good place to start.

It may well be come the penultimate rounds.....we have a sad looking injury decimated roster.....in such cases it is logical to predict a disappointing finish.

2017 Warriors is a roulette Wheel.....a gamble.....( OK it sucks we are so brittle).

But not all is lost till we see season defining injury to our elite players.

There is room to hold out hope and #keep some faith.

Reactions: 1 users
L

I expect ground hog day until they have that entire spine fully fit.

That would require a couple of Foran games with the full star ensemble and a reasonably kind attrition rate to our forward pack to be realised.

I guess I subscribe to the fabled Kiwi spine + Coach being good enough to lift this side to a measurable level of improvement.

Given predictions about Forans return....that won't happen till dreaded round six....possibly seven.

Based on how slow we are to adjust to the pace of the NRL, I imagined a horrible start.

Even if you subscribe to the no change theory ( I do in the first quarter) all things being equal their is reason to expect a lift during Origin.

Without evidence, I expect this side if all are fit....to finish the late rounds stronger than seasons past.

Sure....that belief is not grounded in past Warrior reality.....but if you were to pick a New Zealand cast to threaten with less than a half dozen games to go.....SK coach.....the Kiwi spine....would be top of your picks.....a good place to start.

It may well be come the penultimate rounds.....we have a sad looking injury decimated roster.....in such cases it is logical to predict a disappointing finish.

2017 Warriors is a roulette Wheel.....a gamble.....( OK it sucks we are so brittle).

But not all is lost till we see season defining injury to our elite players.

There is room to hold out hope and #keep some faith.
thats a low bar, 2015 0 and 8, 2016 2 and 6 (last 8 rounds)

Last edited:
I think if you are trying to look at it from a glass half full outlook, you would say that we are missing probably a quarter of our salary cap with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Foran and Matulino all out injured.
As the cowboys showed last night that makes a difference in the NRL. We win fridays game with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck playing I think. We have also been unlucky with injuries losing at least one player every game.

Too early to get infuriated just yet, wait till about round 22.

Reactions: 4 users
I think if you are trying to look at it from a glass half full outlook, you would say that we are missing probably a quarter of our salary cap with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Foran and Matulino all out injured.
As the cowboys showed last night that makes a difference in the NRL. We win fridays game with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck playing I think. We have also been unlucky with injuries losing at least one player every game.

Too early to get infuriated just yet, wait till about round 22.
.. and even with those 3 out the team has a tonne of rep players. They should easily be in the top 8 at the end of the year

Tof Sipley was a late scratching for the NSW Cup team so question mark there.

Patrick on the other hand was apparently an absolute beast.

CNK if given a shot at some point will grab it and not look back.
Tof Sipley played and scored a try according to the match report on the Warriors website....

Vodafone Warriors 36 (Toafofoa Sipley, Blake Ayshford, Isaiah Papalii, Chris Satae, Semisi Fotu, Daniel Palavi tries; Mason Lino 6 conversions).

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 22 (Matt Frawley, Josh Cleeland, Tom Carr, Michael Morgan tries; Rhyse Martin 3 conversions).

Good to know. You should probably match those metres up with minutes & hit ups too to give an even better perspective.

Average per game-
Best I could do...

IMG_6179.jpg

Are we seriously having this discussion, getting rid of Luke to move Kata into hooker!? that's being sensible? tell me your taking the piss.
No I play solo in the 2nd row or loose forward drop Hoffman, then give luke a break solo moves to hooker but both can work together from dummy half also, something has to be done, I don't know why Hoffman is sacrosanct? drop him to NSW cup play back row of Mannering Thompson and Kata, then prop rotation and Luke, then watch our go forward, I am deadly serious bro.

WarriorBall

No I play solo in the 2nd row or loose forward drop Hoffman, then give luke a break solo moves to hooker but both can work together from dummy half also, something has to be done, I don't know why Hoffman is sacrosanct? drop him to NSW cup play back row of Mannering Thompson and Kata, then prop rotation and Luke, then watch our go forward, I am deadly serious bro.

Okay, I think I've got your number ... thanks.

• Haha
i like the fact you are thinking outside the box but i dont think thats something that should happen mid year. but i guess i dont agree with Kata in the backrow. purely for the fact i think he wouldnt have a clue about defensive patterns. id rather have have Manu (if fit) or maumalo coming off the bench in that loose fwd role. both in the same boat as kata in terms of defensive.

Love to see Kata on the wing but. only worry has he is short and i dont know what he is like under the high ball

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Charnzes Nicoll Klokstad gotta get a NRL Debut. i dont know why im saying this but maybe a new centre from 2nd grade. forans gotta start. give Big Tof Sipley a go nxt week. maybe the likes of James Bell come up. chur with a different line up only we will see if The Warriors will do good.
Had an absolute blinder yesterday against the Tigers NSW Cup team. Big fan of his. He has to get a call up sooner or later...