01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruce

Contributor
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11913904
NRL: Warriors face Sydney curse in final game of season
Sydney is the location where NRL teams want to play their final game of the season - since it hosts the grand final every year - but the city is a place the Warriors would probably like to avoid.

The Warriors head across the ditch for their final match of 2017 against the West Tigers, attempting to break a number of droughts.

The seven-win Warriors are out to stop an eight-game losing streak but they'll need to do it in a city they have lost a staggering 10 consecutive games - going back to midway through the 2015 season.

The last time the Warriors enjoyed a victory in Sydney, a city which is the home of eight of the competition's 16 teams, was a round 10 golden point win over the Eels at Parramatta Stadium.

This Sunday's clash at Leichhardt Oval will be the Warriors' fifth in Sydney this season. They've lost the previous four games by an average of 12 points.

Surprisingly the Warriors only played two games in Sydney last season, losing to the Tigers and the Sharks. That was only on the back of four defeats in Sydney in 2015

A defeat would mean nine straight losses for the Warriors and leave them with just one road win in 2017 - a 34-12 victory over the Titans in round 14.

Possibly better news for the Warriors is the game isn't played in August. The Warriors were winless this month meaning they've recorded one August victory to go with 13 defeats over the last three seasons.

The Warriors have played six games at Leichhardt Oval since 1999, enjoying two victories including their last visit to the ground which was a 24-14 win in 2013.

The Tigers know a thing about lengthy losing streaks, having lost seven on the trot early this season. They currently sit two places below the Warriors in 15th and would need to win by at least 26 points to leapfrog them into 13th place.

26 points is definitely possible with this mob. If that happens it must set of the alarm bells for Kearney, surely.

Reactions: Sup42
All this talk of 9 losses being a "new record" is horse $hite. In 2018 this record will stretch well into double figures. I'd say we can confidently aim for 15 on the trot.

All the while "making sure I give the players the right information so they can all walk towards the... "

and "going back to a process that we know works for us"

Reactions: Sup42 and bruce

WarriorBall

9 losses might be our longest stretch in a single season but it's not the longest losing stretch overall, that record is 11 games something I believe we've achieved twice.

Reactions: Sup42 and bruce

bruce

Contributor
9 losses might be our longest stretch in a single season but it's not the longest losing stretch overall, that record is 11 games something I believe we've achieved twice.
Was Matt Elliott the last? Then he got the sack, this is almost comedy status now.

This game comes down to desire, a trait we've been lacking in 20 odd games this year. Tigers by 20.

Worst ever season will be over soon enough. Then our false hope can start all over again.

bruce

Contributor
Cappy was the last, round 19 2015 to round 3 2016, prior to that Bluey had an 11 game losing streak round 19 2012 to round 3 2013.

Perfect symmetry.
They both got the sack, although with Cappy it was toward the end of the season. If the management stays as is my money is on Kearney surviving at least until this time next year.

Jordan G

This game comes down to desire, a trait we've been lacking in 20 odd games this year. Tigers by 20.

Worst ever season will be over soon enough. Then our false hope can start all over again.
You know that is usually true but I think for the first time ever I don't hold out any hope for next season.

Reactions: bruce and Raw Power
Listening to the various sports shows on the radio ( Sydney) and each one of them are having a real laugh at this game.
And its not the Tiges they're putting shit on. It's got to a point now that we're not taken seriously.

How did it get to this ? Under the current Admin/ Coaching they are burying the Warriors

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
Mate, its at the point now where EVERYONE is having a good laugh at this team.

Just look at these three.

BT4TPESFWNAZNFMBT2EZDLSEPE.jpg

If this is the future for the Warriors I'd rather not have them in the NRL. I would still support the game itself. Don't these fuck wits realise they are destroying the legacy of the former players/ admin who got them to this point where they could become professional;

WarriorBall

yes players as well, but as I've said players don't pick themselves. If they're not performing they need to be fucked off. Job of coach and supported by the admin

I've haven't been impressed by some of the selections either, I see a few green but talented fringe first graders waiting in the wings but not much NRL quality anywhere else in the roster, for all the Warriors "talent" the cupboards looking bare for well rounded players without the rough edges.

Yes to fucking off the dead weight as contracts allow, Manu, case and point.

Yes to recruiting in NRL quality as the salary cap will allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.