• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
Raw Power

Raw Power

The halves are dumb for not utilizing the wind in the second half.
Ata's dumb for not taking it into account for his kick-off.
Maumalo's dumb for going down the sideline, Kata and Foran are dumb for giving the ball to him.
Johnson's dumb for not going to Fusitua more often and for taking a rushed shot at field goal after a slow PTB on the second tackle.

We like to blame the forwards a lot when we aren't winning games but today they were great against a much bigger pack. This loss comes right down to the spine IMO, it was all them.

AGREE! But also add both halves johnson and Foran failing to take advantage of kicking early with the wind in the second half.

Reactions: 1 users
jonno

jonno

There was no defensive mindset from our guys. That's why we lost.

We attacked until we got into a position to win and they we went to sleep.. Game over.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Foran couldn't be anything less like messi if he tried, not even sure he kicked once in 80mins of play.
I saw one kick, it was dangerously bad.
Maybe, but that's not the argument. The argument is that SK is responsible for Kata's dumb shit, which is just as dumb
My argument is that SK's process is causing the players to do dumb things because they are not taught to think properly. Bennett focuses on each player and what he wants them to do. Kearney came from the Warren Ryan and Melbourne systems which were micromanaged. There is a fine line between structure and straight jackets.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
I saw one kick, it was dangerously bad.

My argument is that SK's process is causing the players to do dumb things because they are not taught to think properly. Bennett focuses on each player and what he wants them to do. Kearney came from the Warren Ryan and Melbourne systems which were micromanaged. There is a fine line between structure and straight jackets.
I know your argument I repeat it's as dumb as the players.
Kata has always been a retard, and will always be one regardless of the coach

bruce

bruce

Contributor
AGREE! But also add both halves Johnson and Foran failing to take advantage of kicking early with the wind in the second half.
Johnson might have been injured, but Foran had no excuse at all. Blake Green got one kick to go from inside his 30 metres line FFS.

We attacked until we got into a position to win and they we went to sleep.. Game over.

I found it noticeable that when somebody did something special the Warriors intensity lifted, then dropped off again. That doesn't win games.

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Can't blame Kearney when Kata has come out and said in an interview that he has wanted to give up the game this year and not been interested. You can however blame Kearney for the fact hes picked him every week, when he hasn't played a good game all season. Lets all just agree they are both equally as stupid.

Reactions: 13 users
ttkk19

ttkk19

I don't think the D was too bad. We managed to turn them away a few times in both halves. It defs sucked at the end but if we were smarter and didn't make as many stupid errors I don't think we would have needed to do as much of it.

Reactions: 3 users
Pozza

Pozza

Interesting the comments on Kata's lack of smarts AKA been dumb. While I agree with this 100% the aforementioned player doesn't select himself every week does he. A certain head coach is responsible for selections. Kata's dumbness is on display for all to see every week. So is SK really surprised when Kata pulls
one his dumb plays out of his dumb bag of tricks

Reactions: 6 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Bullshit in regards to Kata, and has zero logic or evidence to support it
Kata has a record of dumb things, but usually not passing, tonight he passes, on the bloody touchline, something is missing there. It wasn't the only dumb thing from the team, where were the kicks with the wind. Did Kearney not remind them which way the bloody wind was going?

Reactions: 4 users
ttkk19

ttkk19

No wonder players leave us and turn into stars at other clubs. We have no idea how to use them!

yeah it's really tricky, with Johnson and Thompson coming in and out of the side it'd be difficult to get any real fluency or continuation in attack.

ttkk19

ttkk19

Kata has a record of dumb things, but usually not passing, tonight he passes, on the bloody touchline, something is missing there. It wasn't the only dumb thing from the team, where were the kicks with the wind. Did Kearney not remind them which way the bloody wind was going?

You'd think that he wouldn't need to. If the players can't feel a wind that heavy on their backs they must be REALLY thick :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 users
Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
Fusitua has to be a centre with Kata in ISP or the wing.

Its so obvious

Cant understand why its not happening?

. It just doesnt make any sense

Reactions: 9 users
Pozza

Pozza

The something missing there is Kata. God help us if he's the future of the club. He makes Konnie look like
a Rhodes scholar

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Donal

Donal

I'm surprised by the downbeat comments thus far. A lot of people don't seem to have been watching the game I was at!

This was a very close, very exciting game where I thought we did well. Sure, we were flattered a bit by the poor showing by the Sea Eagles for much of the game: there is something wrong there and they're definitely off the boil. We showed a lot more energy than they did and they didn't look at all like a side that was tussling for the last spot in the eight. They only came to life in the last ten minutes of the second half. Whether it was our defence or energy or their lack of it, either way we looked the top eight side in my view and they looked like the cellar dwellers.

We were unlucky to lose. That restart that went dead on the full rather killed us, I'm afraid, and missing an easy conversion earlier didn't help either, but we were well in this game all the way. And for once I saw good stuff from pretty much everyone - people in earlier comments have been bagging people left right and centre, but I saw good effort and talent all round in this game. Fusitua was outstanding, Maumalo is showing every sign of becoming the real Mini Beast, Mannering and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck as good as usual, Hoffman raised his game. Bear in mind too that Shaun was carrying an injury: don't know if it was shown on screen but his left knee went after about 90 seconds in, so he was never going to have much of a running game today, and we still were very competitive with our star player only at half speed. And for once we didn't fold towards the end, we kept fighting all the way, which is a definite change for the better.

I've gone home too often this season feeling we'd let ourselves down, but not tonight. We played well against probably our worst bogey side, and ran them very very close. I was encouraged by what I saw.

Reactions: 9 users
roadrunner

roadrunner

Bottom line to this game today is that we have lost eight in a row. It does not matter that Kata is useless these days and it does not matter if Maomolo has brain lapses or Hinga kicks the ball off over the dead ball line or the coach seems to have no control over the teams brain fades. It means nothing to a fan that we panic at the end cos god we were level at fulltime and it means nothing that Matalino, Hoffman, Foran and Gubb played their last game at Mt Smart today and still did not get the chocolates or how well we played in parts cos bottom line is we have lost eight in a row so far this season.

Aman

Aman

Fusitua has to be a centre with Kata in ISP or the wing.

Its so obvious

Cant understand why its not happening?

. It just doesnt make any sense

100% agree. Chuck in two quick wingers and we're good. Beef up mauomolo and chick him in the forwards with Gavet

Reactions: 1 user

Xfactor

SK has a lot to answer for, but Katas inability to play league is not one of them.

If you think his retardedness is SKs fault, you are as dumb as Kata is
It's the fault of the short-sighted selectors who keep thinking that picking the nuggety coconuts to just run over the top of people, without teaching them a damn thing about the game.

The top 2 inches are the Warriors Achilles Heel. Their 'Dumbness' literally gives me a headache!

Reactions: 2 users