• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Leaguegod

Leaguegod

For Mooks to say 'Some players aren't up to it' makes me sick, it's all good for us to shoot players down but for your coach to continually bag his own players i.e. your team mates is in my book unacceptable, fucken take some responsibility Mooks you coward.

Reactions: 5 users

Mr Brownstone

He aint the saviour, and they arent the answer. We need a whole new dynamic. He isnt what you build a team around. They are just the dregs not required by any quality teams. We have no choice. But i do wonder how many good players we passed over to keep this linchpin player who has delivered nothing.
I don't think anyone is suggesting he's the saviour - certainly not by himself. You could throw Thurston in career best form into that team and I honestly don't think it would make much difference.

Reactions: 3 users

facefacts

He aint the saviour, and they arent the answer. We need a whole new dynamic. He isnt what you build a team around. They are just the dregs not required by any quality teams. We have no choice. But i do wonder how many good players we passed over to keep this linchpin player who has delivered nothing.

Maybe if the club would try hiring a coach who actually has the ability to build a club in the first place, we could see if Johnson is indeed the man to build it around.

I have a funny feeling the likes of Bellamy could do just that, or at least know the exact type of player needed to help make it happen...the muppet coaches we and Johnson have had to suffer through have been appalling.

Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
SK says in post match that some players aren't up to FG

Throwing your players under the bus

I would say its the coach who's not up to FG

but wtf do i know.

8 straight losses coming up.....

Add that to your stat collection Bruce!

• Haha
Khaboom

Khaboom

It's one thing to suggest changes, but we're out of options in regards to the forwards. We've used up our resources and it's pretty average.

The only option we have left in the team is CNK and as much as I like him he's not making a difference.
Hard to make a difference when you don't get to play...

Reactions: 1 user
Khaboom

Khaboom

Is it just rose-tinted glasses or would that last time that lost a string of end-of-season games without Shaun Johnson hammer this utterly hopless bunch? I think they'd put 18+ on them, it's got that bad.

Reactions: 1 user
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Maybe if the club would try hiring a coach who actually has the ability to build a club in the first place, we could see if Johnson is indeed the man to build it around.

I have a funny feeling the likes of Bellamy could do just that, or at least know the exact type of player needed to help make it happen...the muppet coaches we and Johnson have had to suffer through have been appalling.
I think we have consistantly made excuses for SJs shortfalls. We have put him with the full Kiwis spine and failed. We have put him with an Origin prop, and at least a couple of Kiwis props and failed. International level 2nd rowers. Legendary backs havent worked. We have tried everything really, and none of our excuses have achieved anything. Time to find a lead half who works hard enough to cover and just have him as an impact injection.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Tragic

Tragic

I think you re both right. Shaun Johnson is not an organising half and has holes in his game (like last tackle options), he would go better behind a etter pack and so would any half and I have been a critic but he does have something and his try assist stats show that.

I would have Lino at half and Shaun Johnson at five eighth but whoever you pair him with they need to run the game with him injecting himself at the right time like others have said.

We overpaid when we gave him a million a year and that sticks in the craw as we now expect him to play like a million dollar half and he can't but we need to move past that and get what we can out of him. I would be focussing very hard on his rehab and seeing if he can get some of that speed back.

• Haha
wallacenz

wallacenz

Kearney blames the young players in the press conference, does he not realise this has been going on all year, even when the team was full strength..

Kearney doesnt have any answers to the Warriors problems.

flying coconut

Kearney has had a better squad than last year yet the team is way behind last years team. He has plenty to work with but I gotta say the team is actually going backwards, it is a coaches job to get the best out of his players. Look at the tigers under Cleary, unbelievable improvement with a far worse squad than us. Kearney is a lemon, we all know it.

Reactions: 8 users
Pozza

Pozza

I would have thought the Wests Tigers management problems would the equal or not worse than ours, and yes there problems have been on going for years as well. Why is it as Flying Coconut posts they are showing real signs of improvement yet when things get tough we put the proverbial thumb in the mouth and start calling out for Mamma. At this rate we might as hand the Rugby Union the keys to the game. SK and Kidwell are burying the game in NZ at a rate of knots. Did anyone see Steve Hansen after the game last night..was totally pissed with there second half performance. Didn't fuck around, made it very clear he wasn't happy with the reserves performance.
Our coach goes um um er process wank wank and still picks the same players week after week

Reactions: 4 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
What i find truly sad is that i missed most of the game, and dont feel i missed much at all.

For all those pointing at Kearney, you may well be right, but and for me this is the kicker. The team is really no different now to how it has been since Cleary left.
If we lose 8 straight, well it wont be the first time.
Shaun Johnson is getting more injuries more often and the team needs a serious plan B.
Hoffman who so many people seem to hate, was before his injury the 2nd leading try scorer in the warriors.
They have a captain who has been chosen because of his work ethic, and non warriors past, not his leadership abilities.
They gamble with high profile older players like Foran, because they see the quick fix. Tell me when does a recently suicidal player under all sorts of clouds become your saviour?
There seems to be a disconnect between loyalty to the players and player responsibility

And none of this is new.

The only thing that is still the same is some of the players. Personally i believe its time for a broom through the lot of them, and yes i mean the lot. Start with young MEN who are prepared to put it all on the line every day. Not boys who never grew up.

MANU and SIMON both deserved more from their team mates. But ill be happy to not see either on the rooster in the future.

• Haha
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Is it just rose-tinted glasses or would that last time that lost a string of end-of-season games without Shaun Johnson hammer this utterly hopless bunch? I think they'd put 18+ on them, it's got that bad.

Lolohea would have torn us a new one. Probably will in a couple of weeks.

I can't go along with all these posters who say our young players have gone backwards since last year. Lolo, Faitala-Mariner, Hurrell and Lane have all improved out of sight this season.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Dunedin warrior

I think you would struggle to find a team ever with a worse record with a key player out than we do without Shaun Johnson out.
Despite his organization skills regularly getting criticized they are definitely missed when he is not there. Defensively we even seen worse when he's not playing.

I do feel a bit sorry for the lads with all the injuries and inexperience is not helping at the moment and it's tough.

And finally has Kearney not worked out the correlation between our second half fades and his use of the bench?

Reactions: 2 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

I think you would struggle to find a team ever with a worse record with a key player out than we do without Shaun Johnson out.
Despite his organization skills regularly getting criticized they are definitely missed when he is not there. Defensively we even seen worse when he's not playing.

I do feel a bit sorry for the lads with all the injuries and inexperience is not helping at the moment and it's tough.

And finally has Kearney not worked out the correlation between our second half fades and his use of the bench?
I think this highlights our lack of depth more than being a positive reflection on Shaun Johnson. Hingano and Lino are NOT first grade depth. They are strong reserve graders. Hingano is too new and inexperienced, and Lino is so far out of his depth in first grade. We need depth like Godinet brought us.

It was also a huge mistake bringing a mentally broken Foran into this squad. In days gone by, he may have helped us, but not now.

I think we need players who feel privileged to be playing for us. The Rovellis, Witts, Fiens, Maloneys (before his signing elsewhere), Chads, etc, did more for us than this guy who is being told he is the second coming of Christ.

kos

I think this highlights our lack of depth more than being a positive reflection on Shaun Johnson. Hingano and Lino are NOT first grade depth. They are strong reserve graders. Hingano is too new and inexperienced, and Lino is so far out of his depth in first grade. We need depth like Godinet brought us.

It was also a huge mistake bringing a mentally broken Foran into this squad. In days gone by, he may have helped us, but not now.

I think we need players who feel privileged to be playing for us. The Rovellis, Witts, Fiens, Maloneys (before his signing elsewhere), Chads, etc, did more for us than this guy who is being told he is the second coming of Christ.
I dont rate Lolohea. But ivan has left him at 6. Week on week he has improved. To me the same applies to Ata and Mason.They gain experience in first grade every week they play first grade. I reckon Lino and Hingano given time will prove their doubters wrong. One of them will play with Shaun Johnson next year.

Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Kearney has had a better squad than last year yet the team is way behind last years team. He has plenty to work with but I gotta say the team is actually going backwards, it is a coaches job to get the best out of his players. Look at the tigers under Cleary, unbelievable improvement with a far worse squad than us. Kearney is a lemon, we all know it.
How do the Tigers have a worse squad than ours??

And poor old Warriors players, 6 years of excellence, only for SK to turn up and ruin it all! :banghead::banghead:

• Haha