General NRL 2017 Round 24 - General Discussion

bruce

bruce

Contributor
The thing is that Kearney doesnt have the ability to attract players to this club either. So either we keep getting into a bigger hole...or....
Tohu Harris is a good player and others have been signed. The club is a basket case though and looking worse by the day, that isn't Kearney's fault. We are not getting into a bigger hole, we are in one already, and have been long before Kearney was signed. The best case scenario is that the left edge defence can be sorted, somehow, and that the young forwards continue to improve. The worst case scenario is that neither will happen then we are really in the shite.

Reactions: 1 user

Dunedin warrior

Just watching the tigers play, they are worse than us on paper and they won't win this game but they are going to get better. Cleary is improving this side slowly but steadily. Why we chose Kearney over Cleary is beyond me.

drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Ha the Tigers score off a forward as fuck pass. Try it again to try and score and they get pulled up. Must have thought it worked last time so why not.

francis faafua

francis faafua

Yep no matter the coach they'd have to start with recruitment and development, though more on the side of recruitment if you ask me, tbh a lot of these Warrior greenhorns are not worth putting the time into.

You could argue Sol made the Kiwis on the back of his defence last season, not that it was that impressive, in the Four Nations he still managed more than a few mis-reads but he often got his man one on one from memory.

It's fair to say he's been woeful this year both sides of the ball and shouldn't make the Kiwis squad for the World Cup, in all honesty I think he needs to take the off-season to decide if he want's to be a professional NRL player because to me it doesn't look like it.
true bro & he should take a few of his mates with him....because they sure as hell dont look like NRL players

Diesel

Diesel

I didn't see all the Tigers/Roosters match but it's amazing how much the Tigpies have progressed since Ivan arrived and how much we have regressed this year

Reactions: 1 users
Diesel

Diesel

Ha the Tigers score off a forward as fuck pass. Try it again to try and score and they get pulled up. Must have thought it worked last time so why not.
Any NFL quarterback would've been happy with that pass

Leaguegod

Leaguegod

I watched Lisone and yes he has obvious flaws but I don't think he is a prop and maybe a ball playing second rower like when he was in the juniors, it seems we are too scared to play second phase ball, Mooks has us so set on completions that we are too scared to play footy! the only time Lilyman looked like making a half break all season was off a Lisone ball, our forwards just don't run in pairs, I hate to say it but keeping cappy was a mistake and Kearney just can't cut it as a NRL coach, accept it like JK has.

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

2018 and the Tigers will trash is with all our ex-players scoring

Aman

Aman

Man look at all these teams throw the ball around play some creative footy. Their all scoring try's and don't seem to fussed about completion rates and shit. Our guys problem is pretty simple - we're trying to out defend teams when that's never been our strength. Our strength is defend ok and blitz teams on attack and hope we score more then them. It didn't always work but it was fun and we did pretty well.

Reactions: 1 users