Team List NRL 2017 Round 23 - Warriors vs Raiders TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a good thing that we didn't change too many players, it means the reserve grade team can continue their fine form.....

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
It would be easy to pick on the junior players in the squad. But Kearney is hitting some of the senior members who aren't performing. This is a great practice for a coach. Then it's up to the senior players to take action against the juniors who aren't performing. This is how winning is done people.. Accountability starts with the senior players and works it's way down.

Sadly we won't be winning this weekend, with the tackle embargo the players have had on the team for the last 5 years still being in effect. But it's a step in the right direction.

Reactions: 5 users
We need Ayshford at centre, it is Kata that needs to either go to the wing or the reserves until he learns to pass the ball...preferably the reserves. CNK can go on the wing.

That's a good point, there is barely any point playing anyone outside of Kata at the moment. May as well put a guy dressed as a giant Vodafone out there and earn some extra corporate brownie points.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
upload_2017-8-8_22-38-2.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
My god why did I even bother checking,gutless no accountability fucking bull shit wake up.i really not sure if I can take another season of mediocre sluggish rubbish next year.

I think Kearney's done the right thing this week tbh. Benching Luke for Roache is a good move. It's no small thing for a coach to drop one of the team's highly lauded 'stars'. I think it would have happened sooner except for Roache's hamstring injury. The reason I think more haven't been dropped is simply because Luke's effort last week was quite possibly one of the laziest I can remember from him, and must have stood out to Kearney as well. To stand out as being the most lacklustre player in that game was quite the achievement.

Cannot understand, however, why he hasn't dropped Kata for Fusitua to move to centre and give CNK the wing, especially since Fusi's made it clear that he wants to move to centre permanently.

Reactions: 7 users
I think Kearney's done the right thing this week tbh. Benching Luke for Roache is a good move. It's no small thing for a coach to drop one of the team's highly lauded 'stars'. I think it would have happened sooner except for Roache's hamstring injury. The reason I think more haven't been dropped is simply because Luke's effort last week was quite possibly one of the laziest I can remember from him, and must have stood out to Kearney as well. To stand out as being the most lacklustre player in that game was quite the achievement.

Cannot understand, however, why he hasn't dropped Kata for Fusitua to move to centre and give CNK the wing, especially since Fusi's made it clear that he wants to move to centre permanently.
I agree RM, Luke has a history too but luckily for Kearney (and us) he has Roache who is showing he is almost ready kick on and usurp Issac.
Unluckily for Kata he's still inferior to Fusitua which is a shame considering all his effort to reach this point. But the team must improve and he's hit his ceiling, upside is Fusi when utilised is a smoother weapon than Roger Tuivasa-Sheck..
I look forward to seeing how SK assembles his team next year, hopefully recruitment will provide him with some more options and depth because SK has very few choices. We sure as hell miss Gavet. I know Harris and Blair will make a huge difference in attitude to effort and application plus Vete and Lisone could still buck up there ideas, Afoa and Pulu should help that with competition for spots on the bench.
Whats another year right..

Reactions: 4 users

I'd say Fusitua hasn't exactly set the world on fire at centre - he had one hospital pass behind Maumalo's head that they lucked out on because his stumble to catch the ball caused the defense to miss him, but apart from that I can't really think of any real highlights. Even that one was so far from the line it wasn't even credited as a try assist in the stats, since he's had 0 TAs all year https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/...zealand-warriors/david-fusitua&disp_year=2017

Kata gets a lot of hate for not passing here but he passed for Ken's first try this year, CNK's first, and Shaun Johnson's first as well. Maybe he just doesn't like passing to the same player more than once, but it is the same number of TAs as Ayshford this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Kata is interesting.

So is Maumalo.

Kata is so far out of form it's not funny...but you only have to watch him the last couple seasons and in the 20's to realize he's in a slump.

I don't think that draws down to effort per-say...he's battling some off field issues, mentally not strong this season...

Might affect his decision making...who knows. But I haven't watched a game this season ive first thought "Kata hasn't put in effort"...just that he's making fucken bone-headed decisions.

Maumalo sort of the same...forced into a position but has put in effort this season to improve.

Has bad games...not so much by effort but his lack of awareness in his position probably...

Doesn't Change the fact that together they don't really work. But as for effort, which Kearney has called out on...you can see why these 2 may remain in tact.

Guys like Lisone - who gets a fair share of criticism on here....i don't feel effort is a problem for Sammy. He's high energy and aggressive...maybe too aggressive sometimes and is tentitive with his decision making...sometimes pushing his token pass at the line in the wrong moments.

Or giving away silly penalties because he's green at getting away with it.

Or getting caught out at marker ball watching instead of tackling the man...

Afoa has been caught out at marker several times this season too. And over running his lines. But has been racking up the tackles and running hard. 80 min efforts.

Bully Luke however...he's been punished because he's been lazy. At his best top 2 rake in the game.

At his worst...well wearing #14 on his back.

Still...SK hinted at a group of players not trying...but only 1 change upfront with another player rumored to be on thin ice (Lillyman)...

Guys like Vete and Lolohea were punished early this season for lack of effort...one is in the bad books the other flicked off to another club.

We all wanted wholesale changes, me included..but SK sending a msg to 2 "leaders" is a good place to start I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
If the squad is unfit it's the players who choose to not become fit... So Kearney is establishing some consequences for lack of fitness. Good job.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I'd say Fusitua hasn't exactly set the world on fire at centre
Oh I agree, but both edges seemed to look more cohesive in the games Kata missed.

Or getting caught out at marker ball watching instead of tackling the man...
This is a major problem for us. Not just because of the points we leak close to our line, but it's a reflection of a lack of urgency and desperation that shows up in multiple facets of play.

If the squad is unfit it's the players who choose to not become fit... So Kearney is establishing some consequences for lack of fitness. Good job.
But this was our best pre-season ever...

bruce

Contributor
Maybe because Kata only missed 1 tackle, even Mannering missed 2. Ken Maumolo missed 3 and only made 1. He must be on the watchlist for next time.

bruce

Contributor
Guys like Lisone - who gets a fair share of criticism on here....i don't feel effort is a problem for Sammy. He's high energy and aggressive...maybe too aggressive sometimes and is tentitive with his decision making...sometimes pushing his token pass at the light in the wrong moments.
I have been a stern critic, but am mellowing a little I must admit. He might be one of Keaney's success stories going forward, maybe.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Kata is so far out of form it's not funny...but you only have to watch him the last couple seasons and in the 20's to realize he's in a slump.

I don't think that draws down to effort per-say...he's battling some off field issues, mentally not strong this season...

Might affect his decision making...who knows. But I haven't watched a game this season ive first thought "Kata hasn't put in effort"...just that he's making fucken bone-headed decisions.

Kata had 6 runs for 58 metres last week, hes in the team to run and tackle, if he aint running, he aint worth it.

Generally a supporter of his, but thought he was one of the low effort brigade last week

bruce

Contributor
Does anyone know why the 2nd tier cap exists? as in what the benefit of it is?
Gould is a major critic of it. I think it is to stop wealthy clubs stocking up with expensive talent in the lower grades. I remember one season when Moylan was a junior they couldn't play him because of the 2nd tier cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.