• A

• B

• C

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
bruce

bruce

Contributor
100% don't know why we have to import these rubbish Aussies, we've got more than enough of our own rubbish players to satisfy that criteria
The stats don't count players who are not in a position to make a tackle, or who are having to grab because another player has gone missing so fair comment. That last miss by Hoffman was a shocker though. If that was Kata there would be screaming from this forum.

Reactions: 1 user
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Your right Lino and Ata had a real go that's all you can ask for. Showed some nice touches, will only get better.
We don't need Foran, he now plays like a small prop, just bashes it up the guts.
I would be very surprised if Sharon and Foran are both at the Dogs next year. Dogs have blown the arse out of the cap already, got to off load a heap of players
Personally I would let Foran go to back Sydney even if he wanted to stay. He was a waste of effort and a stain on the credibility of both Doyle and Kearney. We don't need big name Aussies, just hard working professionals like all the other sides have.

Reactions: 4 users
Viking

Viking

The stats don't count players who are not in a position to make a tackle, or who are having to grab because another player has gone missing so fair comment. That last miss by Hoffman was a shocker though. If that was Kata there would be screaming from this forum.
Hoffman looked underdone and off the pace the whole game. He should've come back with an ISP game first but seeing as we need to get some value for money before he goes plus it's already a very inexperienced side, I don't see how Kearney had any other choice.

Reactions: 1 users
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

You sure you were there. The banner said KEARNEY OUT lol...

Yeah alright you got me there !

So what if I couldn't see it properly, I am wearing bag over my head, dude cut me some slack ... ;)

Still whether it said "Kearney Out" or "Sack Kearney" it doesn't matter not when season isn't even over yet and there are already fans calling for coach to go.

Like I said, it says it all really ...

:bag:

• Haha

Warrior

So we had 2 bench forwards play a combined 17 minutes and one other is a dummy half. Which means we basically had 1 running forward on our bench. Like I get that they're young and inexperienced, but surely Papalii can handle 20 minutes on an edge at the end of the game. And give Satae 10 minutes before half time and then let him come out for another 5 minutes or so after the break.

Also if we could maybe practice defence that would be fantastic.

• Haha
Pozza

Pozza

The attempted tackle by Hoffman was called out by a couple of posters today and yes it was bloody disgraceful.
Fortunately Hoffman is gone at the end of this season. Unfortunately we've still got Kata. Strong and explosive, but not a footballer. You can bet though that once Hoffman gets back to the Storm his form will re appear

Reactions: 2 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Yeah alright you got me there !

So what if I couldn't see it properly, I am wearing bag over my head, dude cut me some slack ... ;)

Still whether it said "Kearney Out" or "Sack Kearney" it doesn't matter not when season isn't even over yet and there are already fans calling for coach to go.

Like I said, it says it all really ...

:bag:
Didnt last long up. Not sure whether it was security who told them to take it down or they got cold feet but it was up long enough to make their point...

smc

Didnt last long up. Not sure whether it was security who told them to take it down or they got cold feet but it was up long enough to make their point...
Security were onto them pretty swiftly.
Most stadiums will make you remove banners covering sponsors signage.

Nahz

c&p-
But that's all of little consolation to Kearney.

"When you get beat 36-16, that doesn't make me happy," he said.

aint that the truth einstein

• Haha
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
I thought Issac was getting a bad rap earlier in the season, people would say he needs to run more, a couple of weeks ago (don’t know if still true) he had more running metres from dummy half than anyone in the NRL! What more do you want?

But, now that the shit has hit the fan and they are down on troops, you want your senior players to lead - Mannering is trying, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is trying, even Ben Matulino who has every reason to check out has woken up from hibernation.

Luke has gone the other way and been hopeless.

Leaguegod

Leaguegod

Hoffman looked underdone and off the pace the whole game. He should've come back with an ISP game first but seeing as we need to get some value for money before he goes plus it's already a very inexperienced side, I don't see how Kearney had any other choice.
But Hoffman said all week if he is named he expects to play 80 minutes because that what he trains for, fuck me the arrogance of this fraud is astounding it's as if he was the reason the Storm was so powerful when he played for them, reality check bozo! you have been DROPPED as Capt., you slagged your team mates off in public! you spent last night and most of your time here HIDING on the left edge, you don't run SUPPORT lines anymore and spend most of the game ball watching and moaning you devious prick.

Leaguegod

Leaguegod

I thought Issac was getting a bad rap earlier in the season, people would say he needs to run more, a couple of weeks ago (don’t know if still true) he had more running metres from dummy half than anyone in the NRL! What more do you want?

But, now that the shit has hit the fan and they are down on troops, you want your senior players to lead - Mannering is trying, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is trying, even Ben Matulino who has every reason to check out has woken up from hibernation.

Poor Bully gets NO front foot ball, his game is based around front foot ball and quick play the balls, his pack has given him nothing, when was the last time Lilyman played the ball quickly or passed at any stage in the last 6 years?

Leaguegod

Leaguegod

I am a fan of Kata but I agree with most he is way off the pace, even what he does is lethargic, do we give Pauga a crack now?

Weno

Weno

Only 3 forwards made the 100m mark.
One was on the bench.

Defended Jake in the past.
He works hard and put the effort in.
He just cant dent or bend the line , only saw it in one carry of 14.

Do not know why Satae was on the bench if he was not going to get a fair opportunity.
He made a mistake , think he would rather go back to ISP and get real game time anyway.

Leaguegod

Leaguegod

Our halves had no combinations and what was up for show was telegraphed, I heard Kearney after match saying he was pleased after half time the Warriors had completed 10 sets in a row, is this what the process is? completions? fair enough when we have to ruck it out, but when we are on attack surely 2nd phase ball has to take precedent over safety? we didn't challenge the line at all! it is all wrong, I hope I win powerball and can get a share in this lot.

Panther

But Hoffman said all week if he is named he expects to play 80 minutes because that what he trains for, fuck me the arrogance of this fraud is astounding it's as if he was the reason the Storm was so powerful when he played for them, reality check bozo! you have been DROPPED as Capt., you slagged your team mates off in public! you spent last night and most of your time here HIDING on the left edge, you don't run SUPPORT lines anymore and spend most of the game ball watching and moaning you devious prick.

It's not Hoffman's decision that he plays 80 minutes, it SK's! It's not the first time this year I have seen Hoffman miss tackles that directly lead to tries in the final 10 minutes of a game. So why is he playing 80 in a comeback game. Young guys who play week in, week out aren't trusted with 10 minutes.

I agree with your view of Luke, we are judging players when they are being put in positions where they are not playing to their strengths.

theleagueguy

I think last night game showed some of Nate Roach's issue's going forward at hooker his poor passing at of dumb half caused a number of errors. He's a great runner but Luke has a far wider variety of passes and an undersold kicking game. Interesting that the commentators noted that Luke is the leading dumb half runner in the league. Seems like Luke was unfairly scapegoated.

InsideBall

InsideBall

There was a palpable change when Luke came on and Roache moved to the wing. It seemed to me there had been a clear message to play with pace, and Roache was moving so quickly to the ruck and firing it out as soon as he could, and everyone was moving at speed - as soon as Luke came on he was hesitating at the ruck at fraction of a second and all the pace effectively went out of our game.

ttkk19

ttkk19

Does anybody else think Foran was dropped from this game rather than failing a fitness test?

During his pre and post-match interviews Kearney mentioned how the young halves had spent the whole week training together as the halves combo.

Kinda makes me think Foran wasn't going to play from the start.

Another possibility is that they wanted Foran to sit training out for the whole week in the hope that he'd heal up in time for the game.

My only question with that is, is it realistic/common for a team to rest a player from training all week and still use him on game day?

Seems risky to me tbh.

Leaguegod

Leaguegod

Our defense lines should be controlled by our centres, and what we have is Kata & Ayshford and neither of them is a great communicator, the general rule especially on your line is up and in then slide back, crowding the tackler and slowing the play the balls to allow you to get re set, and it is up to the centres to control this, pushing and pulling defense in and out or up and in, and this is clearly not happening, if after all the experience these 2 have had and yet still can't run a defense line then maybe it's time we went for a couple of other centres, that talk!