• B

• C

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

Donal

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2014
Auckland
It's a bit like World War One at the moment: our lads climb up out of the trenches and do their gallant best, but you know they're going to get cut down before they get very far.

That said, given we were playing with a severely understrength team (missing Johnson, Thompson, Foran, Gavet, plus Kata injured for part of game - one Raiders try a direct result when we were a man down), we didn't do as badly as it might have turned out. That last flurry of throw the ball around defiance leading to Papalii's try was good stuff (remind me again why he was given only 6 minutes on the field?). But we were always likely to be outgunned, and we were. I'm not sure why the Raiders are only 10th on the table, on today's showing they're a pretty handy unit, their back line is deadly and their forwards are pretty handy too: the Fantasy stats don't show it, but I thought Junior Paulo had an excellent game for them.

Didn't help that we had the usual share of unforced errors (admittedly in slippery conditions especially in the second half) nor that the Raiders took full advantage of them.

Any pluses? Mannering as tireless as ever; Roger Tuivasa-Sheck had a good game; Lino slotted in very well, very good at rolling the ball into the goal area and was unlucky not to score a Shaun-style solo try of his own; Lisone's high speed charges into the opposition.

But let's face it, individual performances apart, the wheels came off what was little was left of our season in the Knights game last week, it got a bit bleaker again today, and the next two games aren't going to be much fun, either. Part of me says, sod it, maybe we should go out with a bang, throw out the 'processes', play throw-the-ball-around footie and at least go out in style.

Whatever we do, it wouldn't surprise me if our last game of the season is a sudden death game for the wooden spoon.

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
upload_2017-8-13_17-30-7.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-13_17-31-58.jpeg
    upload_2017-8-13_17-31-58.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1

Bluecat again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 30, 2012
I wasn't that disappointed. We were always up for getting beaten with this game and so it turned out
I liked the new spine. They need time together and some more experience but they were trying
Hingano and Linos kicking was good and they took the line on. More than can be said for the previous halves
Roache I think could be a winner. Hopefully they get time to work together and learn
And yeah, the usual negatives too but they've already been listed

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
This tale end of the season is going to be tough. Even at full strength we would have struggled to match the Raiders, especially up front. Throw in all of the injuries and it is tough going, most sides are depleted to some extent at this time of year it is just highlighted more when you are invested in a particular team and can note all of the missing players.

Having Foran our only experienced half ruled out didn't help.

It looked like we'd play with some spirit at the start of the game just points would obviously be a problem. Then it's a case of the Raiders capitilising on our mistakes. After half time things looked positive and we managed to find a way to score. Of course all that hard work was undone by not completing the opening set and then it was pretty much opening the floodgates.

Hingano had some promising touches. Lino it was great to see his short kicking game put to use.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck the amount of work he does there is a case to say he's our best second rower.

The Raiders have rebuilt well. Remember they were also talked as a destination players didn't want to go to but Stuart has done a good job of rebuilding that side. Big forwards and some good backs with an exciting combo on their right side. They played some good league capitilisng on our mistakes, mind you most sides do that.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Best performance I've seen from Lino. Fantastic short kicking game, just a pity it wasn't followed up with points.
Luke, well, increasingly I'm agreeing with Chris Rattue's comment that if another club comes calling Jim Doyle should say Yes, Mr Luke, Go....

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2012
I cannot see the Warriors winning another game this season. This will make it one of the biggest losing streaks in the club history.

SK needs to provide some explanations on how he can turn this rabble around, at the moment I don't believe he is capable of doing so. Its a bit like his reign at Parramatta, already we are seeing signs that he is clueless.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings