Team List NRL 2017 Round 20 - Cowboys vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Brownstone

He would still lose his place to a still injured, can't kick for shit, don't know how to control a game, never my fault, million dollar primadonna. Next question?
Apparently Foran isn't actually injured, secondly we aren't paying him $1m

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

I'm hoping for a win and a Sunday morning headline "Shaun who? Mason constructs master class team performance"

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Apparently Foran isn't actually injured, secondly we aren't paying him $1m
Well if foran isn't physically injured, then he is completely mentally cooked. Because he was invisible last game.

AlexM

AlexM

Can't see us winning, interested to watch mason and whoever replaces Gavet.
I'm just going to assume it's a trial game for next year.

Reactions: 2 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

New New Benji Inspires New New Zealand

Reminds me of that headline after the Roosters game last year: 'Tupou Poo Poo's over NZ Poopoos'

Literally talking utter shit to myself... this team has reduced me to a new low point in my life.

• Haha
mrblonde

mrblonde

Can someone with actual league experience explain to this someone with no actual league experience why Hingano would have been a better replacement for Johnson than Lino?

From my point of view:
Ata's being set up as the next 6. So it seems logical to play him there, not 7.
Mason's been playing 7 in the ISP. So it seems logical to play him there, not 6.
Ata's on the bench - irrespective of whether he's the next 6 or 7 - because he can play 9 as well.

So given that, Mason 7 and Ata 14 seems completely logical.

If Mason has a blinder on Saturday and continues to have blinders then, for me, I'd start him in all the pre-season games (which might happen anyway, allow Johnson to get back up to speed slowly) and guarantee him Starting 13 for Rds 1-3. Take it from there. Johnson on the bench doesn't sound good at present but you don't know what a pre-season can throw up...

jonno

jonno

Can someone with actual league experience explain to this someone with no actual league experience why Hingano would have been a better replacement for Johnson than Lino?

From my point of view:
Ata's being set up as the next 6. So it seems logical to play him there, not 7.
Mason's been playing 7 in the ISP. So it seems logical to play him there, not 6.
Ata's on the bench - irrespective of whether he's the next 6 or 7 - because he can play 9 as well.

So given that, Mason 7 and Ata 14 seems completely logical.

If Mason has a blinder on Saturday and continues to have blinders then, for me, I'd start him in all the pre-season games (which might happen anyway, allow Johnson to get back up to speed slowly) and guarantee him Starting 13 for Rds 1-3. Take it from there. Johnson on the bench doesn't sound good at present but you don't know what a pre-season can throw up...
That's a good question.

I'd also like to know how important the "thinking for and organizing other players" side of things is for a half, as opposed to the "running alone on instinct" that Shaun Johnson/Hingano seem to be doing.

danyooll

danyooll

Expecting a huge loss, 50-12. But I want to see Mason Lino perform well

Reactions: 1 user

kabkram

six games left in the season, and we (well me at least) have firmly gone into who gives a fuck mode, it's all about damage limitation at this point, coming out of this game without any major injuries and without a huge blowout in the score line is about as high as I'm willing to set my hopes, which is pretty bloody low and depressing but not surprising given our dire performances at this time of year over the last half a decade :mad:

kabkram

Could you imagine the luxury of not being able to find room in your top 17 for a player of his quality!
Is it a luxury or more of a F.U. we're not developing talent if you've signed for another club next year?
Probably a bit of both.

Mr Brownstone

Is it a luxury or more of a F.U. we're not developing talent if you've signed for another club next year?
Probably a bit of both.
Agree with you - a bit of both, however if they didn't have options then I reckon they would play him regardless of not being there in 2018. Mind you, I enjoyed watching a young number 6 playing for the Tigers last week - showed some good signs as he slowly rebuilds the confidence that was destroyed playing reserve grade and all over the place in first grade at our rabble of a club.

Reactions: 3 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Agree with you - a bit of both, however if they didn't have options then I reckon they would play him regardless of not being there in 2018. Mind you, I enjoyed watching a young number 6 playing for the Tigers last week - showed some good signs as he slowly rebuilds the confidence that was destroyed playing reserve grade and all over the place in first grade at our rabble of a club.
The Tigers have very little chance of ending above the Warriors this season. However I do like what they have for next season and Cleary with a full off season to get their heads right. Call me dumb, but I don't relish the prospect of our pack playing against Mutts and Packer next season, nor the prospect of Tui running behind them. Packer might be a moron, even if he has a high IQ, but he demolished Cappy's side in the trials last season and combined with a grumpy Mutts the mind boggles a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.