01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Sorry Brothers just remembered we got a half coming in Tohu Harris.
Head meet wall, Wall meet head

I had a cool gif of a guy walking into a wall, but i cant get it to work so please just imagine it here

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
BiggerD

BiggerD

Being a Warriors fan.. I just collected $52 of a racehorse that finished 2nd at Perth

$2 win $10 place on Invincible Warrior.

GO the Warriors.. Become INVINCIBLE

Upload 2017 7 19 17 33 15

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

I pushed the like button, but really I'm just agreeing with your disdane for the team... Right now we really do suck...

It' feels more like parental dismay , than disdain, probably what my parents felt like watching
me trying to play rugby in my teens , Or how I felt watching my 5yr old spend 2 hrs cleaning her
Room An achieving nothing, Bless them an you to jonno:)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
As AlexM has already said you are comparing apples with oranges. Mason Lino can just pass the ball everytime or pick a run when its open. Be lucky if he does that 5 times a game. On defence he could go hide between two props or out on the fringe.

Forwards dont have that luxury. They must hit the line. They must tackle up the middle. Its the forwards that do all the line speed work.

Try understand the game before calling people out. You sound more like Bluey...

Mate, that has to be one of dumbest things i have heard in a long time. And coming from you of all people.

So you're essentially saying its an easier position to play as a half than a forward because you can basically slack off if you want to by passing the ball? I mean like wtf Mt?

Playing in the halves is one of the most demanding positions of all positions to play.

You have to be constantly thinking both on attack and defence. You have to general your backs and forwards while at the same time figure out how the team will breach the line. A chip kick, a bomb, flick pass, cut out pass, cut back in or a hit to the line. Theres so much to think about and only a split to decide.

As a half you literally have to follow the play and be the first receiver of the ball. No slacking off.

Now compare that to our dumbass forwards. Well all these knuckleheads have to do is catch the ball and run straight. No thought process required. If your half needs a hit up. You have to drag your dumbass to the line and be there to hit it up. This is hard for most of our forwards. Why? because they are unfit lazy ass overweight and not too smart upstairs. Huffing and puffing hands on kness 10 meters back from play trying to catch their breath.

This is why there is a huge gap betwen isp and first grade in the forwards. Physically our lot are basically shit.

As a back however. You need brains, composure, speed, and a little bit of size. All of this you can get at a young age. Size however is something our boys will only have experience dealing for a few years...brains you either have it or you dont. And most forwards dont.

Shit, i think i've lost what my point was.....

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Guvna Mac

I'm going to assume that whilst still a mathematical chance of playing football SK will not make any/minimal changes. After we lose to the Cows this weekend and confirm the season is definitely over common sense may prevail and some others more deserving of a spot may get a run? Here's hoping anyway....

Reactions: 1 user
Khaboom

Khaboom

I so like this game that I can get a bit of a buzz just because Lino is a getting a shot. Who knows? Pigs may fly.

Reactions: 1 users
roadrunner

roadrunner

Yea i hope Lino makes something out of this chance cos the rest apart from Manners have already eyed up the end of season party. As long as fans turn up in numbers and we buy truckloads of jerseys every year we will continue to be a flash shop front window and out the back all empty spaces. Glad i got that off my chest this week.Now I can dream what it must be like to be one of the Storms 20000 fans but not yet just.

Reactions: 1 users
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Being a Warriors fan.. I just collected $52 of a racehorse that finished 2nd at Perth

$2 win $10 place on Invincible Warrior.

GO the Warriors.. Become INVINCIBLE

View attachment 23468
Glad im not the only idiot that backs any thing with WARRIOR in its name.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
kenny44

kenny44

I think the difference mt.wellington is trying to point out is the stamina/endurance side of things is more demanding for a forward due to increased contact.

The step up for a forward from ISP to NRL is huge from an endurance standpoint, moreso than it is for a back. It's no good having an ISP-conditioned front rower on the bench that can only manage 10 minutes because they are fucked from 3 hitups and scrambling around trying to make tackles with the higher intensity at NRL level.

That's what I took out of it anyway.

Reactions: 4 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Playing in the halves is one of the most demanding positions of all positions to play.
Mentally demanding, yes. Physically, hell no. Not even close. You made the argument for me. Thanks...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Anyway, James Gavet is serious doubt for this game. Forearm injury is getting worse...

heelharry

Also like the Foran/Lino combo. However at the end of the day its all up to our forwards and not getting busted through the middle with 15 to go.
Prediction: Warriors to lead around the 30 min mark but to lose by 10.

Sledge

Sledge

What would happen if Lino has a blinder? Then has a cracker rest of the season?

Reactions: 1 user
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
We wouldnt miss mr foran....

Reactions: 2 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Serious doubt?
He didn't even travel. Check his insta stories.
Ishiah Papilli to replace him.
Dont watch those things. Was told yesterday avo but havent been back on here since. Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.