Team List NRL 2017 Round 20 - Cowboys vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying coconut

The first smart thing Kearney has done, although it will be for a stupid reason is to start Lino, Hingano has shown nothing in first grade, time to see what Lino has got cause Johnson and Hingano are a terrible combo for next year.

Reactions: 6 users

Rogue Warrior

Interesting, Mason Lino not Ata, but otherwise no real changes. Sigh.

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)

2 DAVID Fusitua

3 BLAKE AYSHFORD

4 SOLOMONE KATA

5 KEN MAUMALO

6 KIERAN FORAN

7 MASON LINO

8 JACOB LILLYMAN

9 ISSAC LUKE

10 BEN MATULINO

11 BODENE THOMPSON

12 BUNTY AFOA

13 SIMON MANNERING

Interchange:

14 MAFOA’AEATA HINGANO

15 SAM LISONE

16 JAMES GAVET

17 LIGI SAO

18 JAZZ TEVAGA

20 CHRIS SATAE

21 Isaiah Papalii

22 CHARNZE NICOLL-KLOKSTAD

No MAFOA’AEATA Hingano what is Kearney doing.

1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
SK stated on Radio Sport that Ata can be used as a utility player ie five eight, halve and hooker. So that is the reason why Lino is starting.

He also stated that Shaun Johnson being out for 6-8 weeks is very conservative. They will have a better idea in 2 weeks.

In my reading of SK comments if by some miracle we get close to making the 8 expect to see him back maybe for the last couple of games.

Reactions: 1 users

Lets Gone

fuck yea, Lino gets a chance. Hope he rips up this weekend.

jonno

jonno

Lino in, awesome.

Now we give Satae a shot to show what he got...

Reward merit or die....:mad:

Reactions: 1 user
kbazi

kbazi

Lino is a much better halfback replacement. If it was Foran who was injured, Ata would have started at 6 but because it was halfback Shaun Johnson, putting in Lino was the right decision.

For all the critics that demanded this combo earlier in the year when Shaun Johnson was playing mediocre footy, you'll now see how much of a role Shaun actually plays in the team... he's a huge loss and not replaceable by anyone else in our squad. Foran is overhyped and goes missing in games, he was terrible against Panthers, barely knew he was even on the field.

I fully expect this will be a repeat of when Shaun did his ankle, we'll lose the next 7 games. I hope I'm wrong though.

I would actually prefer 6. Lino and 7. Johnson next year.

o_Oo_Oo_O

Reactions: 8 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

That team is so meh it's not funny.....same under performing players getting their chance to unimpress once again!!

Reactions: 5 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Would the right man for the job really choose an edge of afoa, kata, maumalo?? Im really not sure, but feel the answer is no.

Reactions: 2 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
You know what's going to happen, don't you? We'll beat the Cowboys just to give you one last glimmer of hope - only to lose to the Tigers and miss out yet again!!!!
After last weeks performance HTF can anybody think this mob is going to win again this season FFS. Get real brothers, this season is down the toilet. If they were race horses and they won they would be swabbed, no joking.

• Haha

Old Sid

Stoked that Mason gets a chance... he may go very well alongside K F.
Like others, no so pleased about lack of other changes.

Reactions: 3 users

Tylz

Has anyone been dropped this entire season for poor preformance?

I honestly can't think of any changes that have been made for poor preformance, only injury cover.

Reactions: 8 users
Miket12

Miket12

I honestly can't think of any changes that have been made for poor preformance, only injury cover.
TuiL and CGubb

Reactions: 1 users
jonno

jonno

TuiL and CGubb
Tui was dropped because he refused to play fullback or wing. And Gubb just isn't as good, doesn't have as much potential as others in the squad. Form doesn't come into it at all with these coaches...

Potential over form is the curse that OG gave us. We've got the potential to be the best sporting franchise in the know universe don't you know. Pity that we've been off our game for so long.

Waiting For Premiership

Waiting For Premiership

SK stated on Radio Sport that Ata can be used as a utility player ie five eight, halve and hooker. So that is the reason why Lino is starting.

He also stated that Shaun Johnson being out for 6-8 weeks is very conservative. They will have a better idea in 2 weeks.

In my reading of SK comments if by some miracle we get close to making the 8 expect to see him back maybe for the last couple of games.

That's the scary part. I reckon SK would drop Lino even if we won ALL the remaining matches with him controlling the team around the field, and have a finals berth lined up, Lino is in a no win situation, ( depending on Princesses recover time , which I hope is 5 mth. So no WC either.)

Defence

Defence

That's the scary part. I reckon SK would drop Lino even if we won ALL the remaining matches with him controlling the team around the field, and have a finals berth lined up, Lino is in a no win situation, ( depending on Princesses recover time , which I hope is 5 mth. So no WC either.)

The way I look at it he has everything to gain. If he does somehow drag this side into the finals that would be the making of him. Guaranteed stating spot next year- could even be a bolter for the kiwis.

JoeyJohns

Mason Lino has been killing it in the ISP grade. Happy to see him rewarded. Better option than Ata Hingano IMO...
Wait a minute. Aint you the first guy to shit on the fowards that shine in ISP because apparently the grades are so far apart? Why are halves so different?? I do agree with Mason's selection, but not your logic bro. You sound more like Mooks.

• Haha
BeastMode

BeastMode

Poor performance? there are no poor performances in this team.

Its a process. I kepp telling you guys and now i'm getting tired.

We do not have poor performances in this team.

Speak it into existence!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
AlexM

AlexM

Wait a minute. Aint you the first guy to shit on the fowards that shine in ISP because apparently the grades are so far apart? Why are halves so different?? I do agree with Mason's selection, but not your logic bro. You sound more like Mooks.
Much harder transition for a forward than a half. The physicality alone.
Much less taxing on a halves body

Status
Not open for further replies.