• Yes

• Yeah best available

• Its OK

• No

• WTF!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Afakasi247

Afakasi247

Yeah pretty obvious Manu slots in As mentioned above.

Make up of bench depends on Bully though I reckon Eric debuts no matter what.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
The Warriors forwards need meters.
Ken is not a great Winger....prolly never will be...

But he troubles the ruck....and is the only player apart from Manu that really can run into the teeth of an NRL defensive line and come out on top.

The solution seems obvious.
Maumolo can make the metres of a good forward but what about the rest of it? I think it is a weakness in the squad that they have to name him or Manu to compensate for lack of forward penetration. So the solution is they have to play him or Manu. It is an indictment on Manu that he cannot seem to move to the forwards like many Aussie backs have over the years....actually just thinking about that last bit, Mannering was a back wasn't he.

Reactions: 1 user

flying coconut

This new team naming process is a joke, how does it give you more of an idea as to who will be playing, this squad gives us very little indication of who will actually line up on game day, Nrl your stupidity never ceases to amaze me

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Jay M

Jay M

Upload 2017 3 7 18 33 35

Reactions: 3 users
Jay M

Jay M

Going to be an interesting match up this week. McLean, NAS and Finucane - even K Bromwich could make a real mess of our ruck if we don't tighten up that ruck defence. Hopefully Mannering/Luke play and keep that tight in there because if we give Cronk, Smith, Munster significant forward momentum - I think we could be majorly on the back foot.

That being said, the warriors often lift against the Storm - and this is one of the weaker Storm sides I've seen in a few years.

Disappointed to see Maumalo named again. He really isn't a winger and I'm sick of the experiment. You don't experiment with that crap in first grade.

The big question this week is still around the short turnaround. How will we go backing up after 5 days?

FAN

FAN

Ok, for some reason we seem to go alright against the Storm, we seem to be able to get over them. I'm not to sure what the % rate is, like how many games played wins, loss, draw record etc ???

BUT regardless I think we can come away with the win this week at home. SOUND FAMILIAR ???

Miket12

Miket12

Ok, for some reason we seem to go alright against the Storm, we seem to be able to get over them. I'm not to sure what the % rate is, like how many games played wins, loss, draw record etc ???

BUT regardless I think we can come away with the win this week at home. SOUND FAMILIAR ???
We've played the Storm 38 times: 16 wins to the Warriors, 20 to the Storm and 2 draws. The results are 50-50 at Mt. Smart.

Just don't ask the score from the last time we played them!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Viking

Viking

So if Luke can't play, Erin Clark is an 80 minute player? Or is Bodene expected to fill in again?

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I think that's why Mason Lino has been named on the extended bench.
Always thought Mason Lino would make a great hooker. Not sure he could play 80 minutes but his defence is good enough...

Reactions: 10 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

I am going to get so much shit about this, but, here goes. Watching the replay and looking at Maumalo's errors it appeared to me his problem is he is trying too hard and it is affecting his confidence. He is winding himself up so much it is affecting his timing on the backline attacks and high balls.

I base this on two observations, he is an intelligent guy. what I have seen and that silly push on Buhrer seemed somehow out of character. Secondly he has always returned the ball well and has confidence in that.

Or, he is useless.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

This new team naming process is a joke, how does it give you more of an idea as to who will be playing, this squad gives us very little indication of who will actually line up on game day, Nrl your stupidity never ceases to amaze me

Well, it limits it to the 21 listed. So there's no chance Billy Slater and Ben Matulino are going to be picked, as could theoretically happen with the old system.

There's probably no ideal system - every sport that offers a Fantasy game mucks the public around, or makes them watch their smartphone/PC screens as close as possible for as long as possible until the actual, final team is named one hour before kickoff.

Reactions: 1 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Any thoughts on Gubbs inclusion or you gonna stay quiet and sharpen the knives a bit more???

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
davewjnz

davewjnz

I am going to get so much shit about this, but, here goes. Watching the replay and looking at Maumalo's errors it appeared to me his problem is he is trying too hard and it is affecting his confidence. He is winding himself up so much it is affecting his timing on the backline attacks and high balls.

I base this on two observations, he is an intelligent guy. what I have seen and that silly push on Buhrer seemed somehow out of character. Secondly he has always returned the ball well and has confidence in that.

Or, he is useless.

Could be right Gizzy. Remembering alot of stuff that is typed in the forum is also based on emotion and fear.
I remember Fusitua getting shit in here not to long ago for being soft, injury prone, dumb and stupid..
No one here gave him the time of day until he got a bit of confidence and showed what he could do.
It could be Ken is showing us the dumb and stupid but gets another chance to prove himself on Friday.
We're hoping he gives us that one moment that changes minds, namely his current "detractors"

Still, I like his stats over the "other" wingers..
Why did Tui kick that ball instead of taking the tackle and setting up the try for the other winger?
Correction, for Kata... somehow those breakout moments end at Kata scoring, never the other winger lol

Anyway thats another story.

Still looking forward to Friday night, maybe we just needed to get that first game under our belt
We will soon see aye...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

flying coconut

Any thoughts on Gubbs inclusion or you gonna stay quiet and sharpen the knives a bit more???

Gubb played exactly as he always does,2 or 3 good tackles and nothing else, 80m is not good enough for a starting prop, would drop him for Sipley and gavet in a heartbeat but it's not gonna happen, Kearney is as stubborn as a mule, hence why maumalo is still starting and if Luke's injured, Bodensee will probably start at hooker

Reactions: 3 users
Maddog

Maddog

Here is just a thought, this possibly needs it's own thread.
Kenny Maumalo is obviously coming under a lot of criticism (He's probably a good dude, but not a good winger).

A few "Pro Ken" supporters like the "Metre Stats" he posted on the weekend. Top that I ask, "Since when has it become the Wingers primary role to be a "Metre Eater"?

IMO Wingers are finishers, their job is to score tries, and plenty of them. Their secondary role is to take the first or second tackle and start the set. There are plenty of smaller, faster Wingers in the NRL who can do both jobs. Wingers who on average score a try every two matches are descent.
What hasn't changed is over the years the Warriors have had plenty of woeful or less than average ones..

Less than 1 try/2 games
John Kirwan, Frano Botica, Marc Ellis, Paul Staladi, Lee Oudenryn, Odell Manuel, Scott Pethybridge, Justin Murphy, Cooper Vuna, Paul Atkins, Todd Byrne, Patrick Ah Van, Misi Taulapapa, Malo Solomona, Denan Kemp, Bill Tupou, Ngani Laumape, Jonathan Wright, Ken Maumalo

More than
1try/2 games
Sean Hoppe ,Henry Fa'afili, Francis Meli, Michael Crockett, Manu Vatuvei, Glen Fisiiahi, David Fusitua

Ken Maumalo has the lowest percentage of tries per match for a Winger who has played more than 10 games for the Warriors.
He has started in 19 scored 2 tries. (I could be wrong but I think both those tries might have come in the same match?)

So in my conclusion we have to accept Ken isn't great, probably the worst of a bad bunch, but hey, look at that list again.
There's been plenty of crap!

Reactions: 2 users