Are you happy with the result?

• HELL YES!

• Yes

• Yeah but they made it hard for themselves

• No but they did themselves proud

• No

• #:([&>@ .*){;/>!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
If we're going to compare Shaun Johnson to anyone it's Billy Slater.

They both have the same skills/talents, and both scored amazing tries in the biggest games.

Slater obviously had that once in a century spine to be a part of. Shaun Johnson had Tohu Harris among others.

Arr those three Kiwi's games when he played in the Warriors first choice spine...:rolleyes:
We're talking about a half, Shaun Johnson and Maloney are the top halves in their respective teams, not Billy Slater, not Chad Townsend.

If you're going to compare him, compare him to another top half, not a second stringer or a fullback

says more about our coaches selections than the player.

played 27 games in 2016, winning the Sharks maiden premiership.

If only he had a decent halves partner here at the Warriors.......what could have been
he was dropped at the sharks, benched anyway, he wasnt playing well. He was not great all season but he was the halfback. Like many teams the other half carried him

I cant even remember who Cronks half partner was last week.. or Thurstons every week

Last edited:
Reactions: matiunz and Defence
We're talking about a half, Shaun Johnson and Maloney are the top halves in their respective teams, not Billy Slater, not Chad Townsend.

If you're going to compare him, compare him to another top half, not a second stringer or a fullback
But it's no comparison. Malone shits all over Shaun Johnson as a half. It's like night and day. That's why Malone has won 3 minor premierships and 2 grand finals?

Until we get a proper half in the team we aren't going anywhere near the title.

But that doesn't mean Shaun Johnson is crap, it just means he's not a conventional half.

Inruin

Contributor
he was dropped at the sharks, benched anyway, he wasnt playing well. He was not great all season but he was the halfback. Like many teams the other half carried him
I guess that's one perspective. obviously played so poorly that he played every game. that Sharks coach is a genius

Inruin

Contributor
Who were their other options?
jack bird and ben barber spring to mind. In fact, a fair few shrewd judges of talent suggested Townsend would be playing reserve grade all season because the Sharks had far better options. Lucky Shane makes the selections over there and Ge obviously knows what he is doing

jack bird and ben barber spring to mind. In fact, a fair few shrewd judges of talent suggested Townsend would be playing reserve grade all season because the Sharks had far better options. Lucky Shane makes the selections over there and Ge obviously knows what he is doing
come on man, Barba was their fullback and is a terrible half, and Bird was gold in the centres. They wouldnt swap those guys for a half they can cover for

Reactions: jonno
I'm sick of amiture hour. I want our forwards milking penalties for slow ptb's. On every hit up would be best, but two or three each half would sufice.

Think of the refs like a cow's udder and gently squeeze until that white stuff comes out...
oh shit, I think that was a bull and that wasn't an udder.

• Haha
Reactions: jonno and Defence
Johnson has to not kick too many punt kicks, mix it up a bit. Most of the team still goes into sleep mode although big improvements are underway. Sleep mode meaning the first round game during the in between times when the opposition came back the warriors players were at a slumber, I'm still sure it is an island mentality, concentration usually equals to intelligence. The brain is a muscle but a thinking muscle and is therefore susceptible to tiredness when in extrenuous circumstances such as sports, studying, fight or flight reactions, underlying mental illnesses or just plain depression or low self esteem all these affect the brain muscle. So to curb such negatives is to excercise the brain and mind similar to exercising the body, by using alert and prolonged concentration techniques. Both complement each other and the performance in a team improves especially the alertness and concentration of individuals whom practice this.
I think u will find the brain is a organ not a muscle Dr Ropata. good theory though.

• Haha
Reactions: Defence
Were the sharks halves really that much better than Shaun Johnson in 2016
Maybe combined...
(I just threw TL in there too for a laugh)
IMG_6118.JPG

Looking at those stats, and then comparing them with some of Shaun Johnson's worst performances that we've all witnessed, you'd have to conclude that he's playing for the most inconsistent team in the NRL.

Since leaving the Warriors Malone has won either the minor premiership, the gf or both in all of the four years. And his missed tackle stats are way worse than Shaun Johnson's. So tackling isn't the essential job of a half.

Maybe there's something to this on field organizing business after all.

Well those stats blow my argument out of the water, it looks like the workload was spread evenly at the Sharks. I guess Maloneys kicking and support play make him look more dominant.

The other thing is that Maloney really stepped up in the big games ( which is what we tend to remember).
If u compare their stats in the finals series Maloney blows Townsend away.

Reactions: eudebrito

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Maloney has made the most of his chances and good on him for that.

The stats above do show that Maloney is no better than Shaun Johnson.

His advantage is that when he has won the 2 GF he was behind dominate forward packs.

The same can be said about JT and the Cowboys.

Shaun Johnson hasn't really had a dominated forward pack behind him in the whole time he has been at the Warriors.

This is IMO is on of the reasons why we haven't made the 8 in 6 years.