Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Just for the record, this is a world first? Has anyone in the history of pro sports taken a game off to go to a wedding?

I'd like clarification on this please.
Rory McIlroy???...Sorry got that wrong...he got smart and called it off.:D

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Because as Polynesian posters have explained that weddings are very important to Polynesian families. I, like many Palagis couldn't care about weddings, you only need to go to the Registry Office and then somewhere for a bonk. Half the marriages end in divorce anyway, and even more the second time around. For Asians and Polynesians it is the joining of two extended families.
what a crock of shit.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
jonno

jonno

If you don't sacrifice for what you want, what you want will be the sacrifice.

I have no problem with Sam going to his sisters wedding. What I have a problem with is him getting paid and getting picked for the game after the Bye...

If someone is willing to sacrifice everything for victory then they get picked ahead of the guy who goes to the family party. I'm sure Lisone will get picked to be best guy at the party so he's not missing out.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Another extremely appropriate quote from that video (which I highly recommend watching, Eric changed my life) this time by one of the greatest NFL players ever, Emmett Smith

All men are created equal, some work harder in preseason

Reactions: 1 users

letsgonewarriors

Come one mate. Dont tell me you havent watched Frozen and dont know who Alsa is. You're not fooling anyone.

Let it go.... let it go.......
Come on guys, you know Alsa is spelt wrong it's spelt Elsa:D

• Haha
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Another extremely appropriate quote from that video (which I highly recommend watching, Eric changed my life) this time by one of the greatest NFL players ever, Emmett Smith
fuck, so he can't go to his sisters wedding if it's in the pre season either now

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
jonno

jonno

fuck, so he can't go to his sisters wedding if it's in the pre season either now
It's a free country. He can do anything he want's.

But reality is reality. If he wants to win lotto then he needs to buy a lotto ticket. If he want's to play in the NRL he has to maybe think about not going to weddings during the NRL season.

Reactions: 1 user
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
It's a free country. He can do anything he want's.

But reality is reality. If he wants to win lotto then he needs to buy a lotto ticket. If he want's to play in the NRL he has to maybe think about not going to weddings during the NRL season.

Im in this camp.
You are free to do what you want. But if you want to be great at whatever you do, it requires total commitment and dedication.

I wouldnt think guys like Ali, Jordan, Kobe etc taking work time off for a relatives wedding. These guys weren't taking time off to sleep.

You think our players going to party's, forming gangs, taking prescription meds, coming back in preseason overweight and our constant mediocraty are unrelated?

Reactions: 7 users
Defence

Defence

Some genuine lols on the topic anyway.
If nothing else it's been the source of some good material.

jonno

jonno

Im in this camp.
You are free to do what you want. But if you want to be great at whatever you do, it requires total commitment and dedication.

I wouldnt think guys like Ali, Jordan, Kobe etc taking work time off for a relatives wedding. These guys weren't taking time off to sleep.

You think our players going to party's, forming gangs, taking prescription meds, coming back in preseason overweight and our constant mediocraty are unrelated?
What, so now they're not allowed to mix prescription meds and come back overweight?????????;)

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Im in this camp.

no, I think they are definitely related. What I don't think is related is missing your brothers funeral, missing the birth of your child, missing your sisters wedding.

jonno

jonno

no, I think they are definitely related. What I don't think is related is missing your brothers funeral, missing the birth of your child, missing your sisters wedding.
OK so please explain why it took Bam Libone to be the first guy in the history of sport to miss a top level pro game to go to a wedding?

• Haha
Sup42

Sup42

I wonder what the backlash would be if Shaun Johnson skipped a game to go to a wedding.
Touche...
Hell to pay.
This place would go mental.
It's not so much about one player for one game but what is the precedence we are setting here?
What if next year a dozen guys have weddings during the season?
Everyone alright with that? I mean it's only fair if bam can do it...
Anyway I think you're right- this topic has been done to death now and we don't have all the facts anyway so that's all from me.
Now over to you jonno with the weather....
LOL that read like a TV One News round up..... Jonno U gotta change your Nic to Jim Hickey....actually scrub that....no nic changes please.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.