Team List NRL 2017 Round 17 Manly vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bob

Contributor
This has polarized the forum at a level Manu would be proud of.

Whats' going to happen when the game is over and we've lost. Cause we always lose this one.

#FunLovingLosers. How does that feel?

If we lose you visit the "sack em thread" and you unleash with furious anger all that is wrong with this world.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
UPDATED WARRIORS: Manu Vatuvei and Isaiah Papalii drop off the reserves. Nathaniel Roache replaces the injured Issac Luke (shoulder) at hooker while Kieran Foran's return bumps Ata Hingano to the bench. Bunty Afoa replaces Sam Lisone on the interchange.

Reactions: 1 users

Inruin

Contributor
I agree. Im pissed off at Shaun Johnson right now. He could have gone to visit Laos to connect with his mum's side of the family during the season instead of trying to get us valuable 2 points and doing those unimportant things during the offseason.

Just hope hes saving that card when his grandma is having her 64th birthday, because that should be fine right?
you are telling the story. Apparently its not on to be at the birth of your child according to you. Why is it ok for Kata to leave the team but not Sam? Why should it be any different to any other workplace? The warriors have obviously agreed to it.

If we lose you visit the "sack em thread" and you unleash with furious anger all that is wrong with this world.
Sack them all I say.

As for this game, we need to sack somebody just to set an example. Even if we win we should still sack the worst player on our team.

I like the idea that the Warriors is a very, very hard job to hang onto. Makes it more of an achievement when a player does manage to stay in the top team for any length of time.

you are telling the story. Apparently its not on to be at the birth of your child according to you. Why is it ok for Kata to leave the team but not Sam? Why should it be any different to any other workplace? The warriors have obviously agreed to it.
To the Kata vs Lisone, I think a death in the family can cause serious emotional problems for someone so young. He needs his family right now so that he can keep his sanity together.

There's only one way Sam's sister getting married could cause him to suffer long term, crippling emotional issues....

As for the work place. What about long haul fishermen. Do they jump ship half way through the voyage to got to a wedding? There's lots of unusual jobs out there that demand an unusual lifestyle..

Reactions: 4 users

tajhay

🏉
you are telling the story. Apparently its not on to be at the birth of your child according to you.
Please quote where i stated that. I'll help you save your time - i never stated that.

Why is it ok for Kata to leave the team but not Sam?
Death of a brother is an unplanned family emergency. A wedding...is scheduled months sometimes years in advance.

I dont have a problem with him being given time off for it. Im not hating him for it. Im stating this is setting a precedent. A precedent which can be taken advantage of. How come we never hear of other players at other clubs missing games due to family weddings? Would you be happy if players were given time off if they had a family event on gameday? What is ok? Noone is complaining about Kata being given time off so no issues there. Family weddings is a divided camp. Im guessing noone would complain about birth of children. What about Family birthdays? What about if kids are sick? Where is the line? I would love to hear what family events you think a player should be given time off for and what shouldnt.

This is a forum. People are going to have differing views - especially when it comes to what they think is important to the success of this club. No need to pretend that your opinion is the correct one and everyone else is wrong. BTW this is not directed at you Inruin Inruin

Reactions: 4 users

Inruin

Contributor
To the Kata vs Lisone, I think a death in the family can cause serious emotional problems for someone so young. He needs his family right now so that he can keep his sanity together.

There's only one way Sam's sister getting married could cause him to suffer long term, crippling emotional issues....

As for the work place. What about long haul fishermen. Do they jump ship half way through the voyage to got to a wedding? There's lots of unusual jobs out there that demand an unusual lifestyle..
but there are 2 points on the line, actually worse than that 4, 6 or more. Suck it up, your a contractor. you say kata needs his family at this important time in life, Sam's sister needs her family at this important time in her life.

But it's prime fishing season and you aren't coming on one of the 24 key fishing trips because your sister is having her wedding?

Inruin

Contributor
Please quote where i stated that. I'll help you save your time - i never stated that.

Death of a brother is an unplanned family emergency. A wedding...is scheduled months sometimes years in advance.

I dont have a problem with him being given time off for it. Im not hating him for it. Im stating this is setting a precedent. A precedent which can be taken advantage of. How come we never hear of other players at other clubs missing games due to family weddings? Would you be happy if players were given time off if they had a family event on gameday? What is ok? Noone is complaining about Kata being given time off so no issues there. Family weddings is a divided camp. Im guessing noone would complain about birth of children. What about Family birthdays? What about if kids are sick? Where is the line? I would love to hear what family events you think a player should be given time off for and what shouldnt.

This is a forum. People are going to have differing views - especially when it comes to what they think is important to the success of this club. No need to pretend that your opinion is the correct one and everyone else is wrong. BTW this is not directed at you Inruin Inruin
I took it as implied when you quoted players missing the births of their child.

it's a good question. Where is the line?

like all workplaces I assume lisone asked and his employer either said yes as in this case or no i assume, in other cases.

Reactions: 1 user
Really?

Fmd

How hard us it to learn how to catch a ball and run straight until you get smashed?

Its a pretty simple game league. Although SK would have u believe u need a phd degree to teach his bull shit "process"

Fucking SK you A-hole ....so manu can run the ball like a forward put the big hits on like a forward and really his issues come around edge defence and structure.... hope you get the boot before manu does

bruce

Contributor
you say kata needs his family at this important time in life, Sam's sister needs her family at this important time in her life.
A death of a brother is way more important than a wedding. You get a one off chance to say goodbye, polynesian or palagi. I went to wedding of Polynesian team mates, massive parties, never seen anything like it...oh where was I Bruce...yes always in the off season...why Bruce...so the whole bloody team could be invited.

And while I'm still ranting. Its all SK's fault.

Gives false promises at the start of the season how the culture will change under him and proceeds to change ABSOLUTELY FUCK ALL.

Even Manu get a spell to see if he can handle it in the forwards. That pisses me off the most.
Yeah why don't they give Manu a go in the forwards in reserve grade, some times I think SK needs to be a bit more innovative, just give it a go if it doesn't work we aren't going to hold it against him. With Manu down the order there is enough cover for the outside backs. I think you will see this is Manu's last year at the Warriors, I believe this is SK thinking.

Last edited:

Mr Bob

Contributor
I don't know what's more concerning, that Shaun Johnson won't be playing.......... or that you know that you know the name of the princess in Frozen!

Come one mate. Dont tell me you havent watched Frozen and dont know who Alsa is. You're not fooling anyone.

Let it go.... let it go.......

• Haha

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Further to my comment, each to their own.
And while yes it's just sport, not life and death, it speaks to the sacrifice people will make for their own goals.

Theres a motivational speaker called Eric Thomas, who talk about greatness.

I’m here to tell you,
Number one,
That most of you say you want to be successful,
But you don’t want it bad,
You just kinda want it.

You don’t want it badder than you wanna party.
You don’t want it as much as you want to be cool.

Most of you don’t want success, as much as you want to sleep!

I listen to this guy nearly daily. Took me from the streets to where I am today.

Reactions: 2 users

Inruin

Contributor
A death of a brother is way more important than a wedding. You get a one off chance to say goodbye, polynesian or palagi. I went to wedding of Polynesian team mates, massive parties, never seen anything like it...oh where was I Bruce...yes always in the off season...why Bruce...so the whole bloody team could be invited.
it's not Sams wedding. A gathering to say goodbye or a gathering to say welcome, both are a one off chance. And why do you keep bringing race in to the discussion?

Completely irrelevant. My brother's profession would have made no difference. I was getting married on the day I was getting married.

This isn't about the sister choosing when her wedding is, this is entirely about Lisone, and people can rightly argue about whether or not he should be skipping the wedding, BUT to suggest that the sister should revolve her entire wedding around his work life is such a nonsensical argument.
I agree sort of...it's nonsensical if had a 9-5 job.....

but he's a professional footballer contracted to play football....I guess at the end of the year the technically have 2 months off.

I know it's not in the same league, but as some mention before, could you see Smith, Slater or Thurston or any other elite player doing this. Nope.

I understand family comes first etc, I guess 99.99% of all posters on here would agree with that, but this I think to me points out why this club is flakey or has "bro" culture. This can all harp back to Watson vs Ali when asked what his priorities are and Watson not liking the response.

What would people say if he skipped out playing in the Grand Final and was one of our better players? Family first, yeah, nah....

and I would agree to having time off for a death or birth, they are truly more important than a football game. But not a wedding....

Reactions: 5 users
Just for the record, this is a world first? Has anyone in the history of pro sports taken a game off to go to a wedding?

I'd like clarification on this please.

• Haha

bruce

Contributor
why do you keep bringing race in to the discussion?

Because as Polynesian posters have explained that weddings are very important to Polynesian families. I, like many Palagis couldn't care about weddings, you only need to go to the Registry Office and then somewhere for a bonk. Half the marriages end in divorce anyway, and even more the second time around. For Asians and Polynesians it is the joining of two extended families.

Status
Not open for further replies.