Team List NRL 2017 Round 17 Manly vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im feeling quite optimistic for the 1st time this season and think we will win comfortably. Yea yea, fucking batshit crazy, I know.

I've never bought into the travel excuses because we lose everywhere, we get fucking jet lag driving to Hamilton FFS.
We have always been dodgy to back no matter where we play.

On the Lisone thing, I can understand him wanting to be there but my thoughts are this is what is wrong with the club in general, its all about atitude isn't it.
Season defining game on the line and a borderline bench selection wants time off, it just doesn't sit well with me and he fucking better not be in the team next week Stefen because he ain't all that.

If I was playing for the Warriors, that would exactly be my answer....

Seriously, why would she have a wedding in the middle of her brothers football season....look at it this way....unless she is dying and needs to get married or it's a shot gun wedding, she has potentially the following months to do it:

Jan
Feb
Mar
Oct
Nov
Dec

and cheekily, Sept

So potentially HALF THE YEAR to choose from to get married.....but selects smack bang in the middle.

Consider the possibility it's so a dying grandparent can be there. Morbid possibility I admit...

And the wedding is for the sister and her husband, they pick the date that suits them.

Is There A Prioritising Family Over Sport Problem At The Warriors? Thread to be up soon....

Reactions: Worried2Death

Jordan G

most brothers wouldn't be professional rugby league players...

Completely irrelevant. My brother's profession would have made no difference. I was getting married on the day I was getting married.

This isn't about the sister choosing when her wedding is, this is entirely about Lisone, and people can rightly argue about whether or not he should be skipping the wedding, BUT to suggest that the sister should revolve her entire wedding around his work life is such a nonsensical argument.

Reactions: Salatape and zegy
I can see Foran being rested again, Ata to start. We have the bye next week, which would give Foran three weeks off, versus one - seems the logical choice. If I was coach, that is certainly what I would do, Ata can still do a job and risking Foran for potentially the remainder of the year would be stupid.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Contributor
The camp's divided on this one.
Good post brother. Fair explanation as well.

The camp isn't divided, it is just the paradigm shift, that being a different way of looking at things. Neither side is right or wrong, just different.

One point I would make though, is that the extended family benefit from his contract, so maybe they could have considered the importance of him turning up for the Warriors and timing the wedding for September. ;)

Getting away from the Pacific Islander thing, Pakehas, especially in the city, never understood how Maoris would need to attend a tangi of even quite distant relatives. Also the upset they feel if the body is kept in the mortuary for too long. However having spent a lot of time in Maori communities it is just a given the importance of attending tangis, as well as the importance of keeping the dead body company until the tangi. In comparison to Pakeha funerals I found Maori tangis very dignified and considerate to the immediate family. Pakeha funerals are very British and cold in comparison IMO.

There is always something that can be learned from different cultures, if only I could accept being 3rd in the bottom eight all the time I might get over it.

Reactions: Sup42 and tajhay

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
friend that drove over to Perth, gave me a weather update on local conditions, warm but still keeping his jumper on so very low 20s. Heat shouldnt be an issue this year. so im wondering what the issue will be.

see this is me tryn to talk about football and not shit like players families. Really if our entire season comes down to any one player missing just 1 game then as a team they are so screwed; as are we as fans.

Jordan G

friend that drove over to Perth, gave me a weather update on local conditions, warm but still keeping his jumper on so very low 20s. Heat shouldnt be an issue this year. so im wondering what the issue will be.

see this is me tryn to talk about football

Talk about football.....or impersonate Jonno? It's a fine line my friend.

see this is me tryn to talk about football and not shit like players families. Really if our entire season comes down to any one player missing just 1 game then as a team they are so screwed; as are we as fans.

It's not so much about one player for one game but what is the precedence we are setting here?
What if next year a dozen guys have weddings during the season?
Everyone alright with that? I mean it's only fair if bam can do it...
Anyway I think you're right- this topic has been done to death now and we don't have all the facts anyway so that's all from me.
Now over to you jonno jonno with the weather....

bruce

Contributor
Would you miss your sisters wedding to go and watch a Grand Final we appear in? The answer to that is depends on the type of person you are.
Fair question.

I remember a few years ago when the Warriors were in the finals. Had to go to a white dude wedding. While all the boring speeches were going on, one by one the league (and rugby) guys snuck away to the toilet, never to return because they found a TV bar with the game on. Got into a power of shit with the missus over that. Being first out I was astounded to learn the reception room was half empty because so many dudes had bailed out:D:D...

I will plead guilty to being a male chauvinistic pig in my belief that weddings (in the white guys culture) are just an excuse for some sheila to be the very expensive centre of attention for a day showing all her friends how clever she was to trap some poor sucker to bludge off for the rest of her life, or until he gets rid of her, whichever comes first.

Incoming!!!:eek:

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
Sam's decision might very well been just as much a cultural one. Samoan tradition dictates the special relationship brothers have in terms of respect and protection of their sisters. Sisters have a special place in family and brothers are taught to honour them in everything. Most Samoans will tell you that is the case. A sister's wedding would be an automatic event for Sam to attend and as far as his family's concerned would not be questioned in terms of him not playing.

IF that is the case it's a values-based decision that Sam's opted for and family being more important as Welly and others have implied.

Can't guarantee it but I'm suggesting that is the reason for the importance of Sam being away for this event and quite possibly he would have known at the outset and built that into his employment contract, i.e., negotiated it with management which, after all when all's said and done, it's a work agreement.

To us crazy fans who'd love nothing more than to be playing in his place it's probably difficult to comprehend and that's clear in some of the comments and that's ok too.

The camp's divided on this one.

My 2 cents worth!

Camp divided indeed.

We need a poll?!

And then we need a pole dancer!

Inruin

Contributor
So share your logic with us?
I really shouldn't have to but since its someone who thinks it's because he is polynesian is the reason he is attending a family event I guess should. Let's start by asking a very simple question. How many weddings, or even family events have players attended in the last 5-6 seasons that have caused them to miss games. Let's get the facts out there so we can fully appreciate the scale of this epidemic that is cursing this club. I shall wait with breath held in anticipation of this horrifically large number.

Reactions: Worried2Death
friend that drove over to Perth, gave me a weather update on we local conditions, warm but still keeping his jumper on so very low 20s. Heat shouldnt be an issue this year. so im wondering what the issue will be.

It's one season defining game. It's all about momentum now. We win now especially in a place we have struggled; that will build so much confidence. I think the frustrating thing is Lisone has been integral in his role coming off the bench he really has been a great link man with his passing game, we will miss that in this game.

It's one season defining game. It's all about momentum now. We win now especially in a place we have struggled; that will build so much confidence. I think the frustrating thing is Lisone has been integral in his role coming off the bench he really has been a great link man with his passing game, we will miss that in this game.

Apparently Johnson wont be playing the game after the bye as its his cousins 21st, tough luck boys, family first

Status
Not open for further replies.