• A

• B

• C

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Definitely needs time playing footy, i dont know if that should be in FG or reserve grade. Lino has been playing reserve grade for a while now, should get an opportunity.

Depends who is seen as the long term five eight. I don't mind who they go for as long as the other completely misses out no matter how unfair that seems. Long-term, consistent exposure to the position is essential

Sound FG defence is the pre-requisite though

Reactions: 1 users
MurrayTD

MurrayTD

Good win.

SK must take credit for persevering with Ken as a winger, clearly saw the potential. Ken has grown into his role and we can only hope his star continues to rise.

Based on this, I will eat humble pie and admit that maybe SK's vision will see the side reap dividends across the board and his true worth is currently a work in progress. We certainly looked more complete last night. Understand it was the Dogs, but we can only play what is in front of us.

I genuinely hope we can click completely this season, the cattle is there. Even though I am sure we all wish for greater talent in key positions, i think we all realise how hard it is for us to recruit a premiership.

There will always be ups and downs, all sides will experience this in a season. But, lets hope we see significantly more ups and our moral, confidence, combinations, belief and dare I say it process's see a steady incline heading into the business end of the season.

Good luck boys, know that you have dedicated supporters (Surely there can't be too many who have suffered more) and a belief that is growing along with the side.

Last edited:
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Looks like big Albie got Nates minor minute roll...

IMG 1294

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Leaguegod

Leaguegod

I am too scared to breathe, got home at 4am to freeze and watch the Warriors and ended up for the first time this season happy, I had the Dogs pegged to jolt us back to reality. Now is this the famous 'Origin' period where we usually shine? or is it the Dogs are just so hot and cold and depending who turns up is the result you get? or is it that we are believing in each other and playing a solid mainly error free game? whatever it is it's producing results and if it gets us in the 8 I am happy to eat humble pie. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck awesome last night and Gavet playing so well, that Roache went well too, also to show I give credit when it is due, Lillyman and Hoffman did a reasonable job, long way to go and I don't want to jinx nothing, let's see.

Reactions: 4 users
Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Great effort last night. They did what the team have not done in the past. They played to a plan. They got in a grind and got on top of the opposition. And when the Bulldogs started to get ascendancy in the middle they went back to the grind, added some physicality and controlled the game.

Of course, I will temper this by saying with Cunterbury you know what you're going to get. Fat fucks rolling through the middle being ordered around by a robotic clueless spine. Three of those Bulldogs desperately need help getting in shape. Fuiola I think his name is, Kasiano and Eastwood all look like they're carrying spare tyres, plural.

Ken Maumalo, well played son. That was a world class solo try. Power, footwork and balance. He's grown ten fold as a footballer. Dare I say it he's becoming a reliable cornerstone of our backline.

Shaun, kicking game was excellent. Nearly set up a ripper midway through the first half. Stood up to be counted without Foz.

Mannering, he knew their go. So he rolled up 60 tackles and blocked up the middle. Cunterbury have got nothing if they can't roll the middle.

Can't believe Hollands try wasn't sent upstairs. I'm convinced his elbow hits the chalk prior to ground. Also the second Ayshford try was a deadset try. How Mong eyes Patten can referee his own mates is mind boggling.

James Gavet. That hit on bung eyes grubsack Reynolds was pure bliss. Nearly uncrossed his eyes. Brought some real sting out there.

Charnze. One easy error. And Hollands try is about the third time I think where he's been utterly clueless and panicked in an appalling defensive read.

The other issue that 10 minutes after half time. Fusitua a simple drop. Ata a horrible pass. That pass from Ata exudes inexperience. Without a doubt the wrong time for it.

And finally, Nat Roache. Brilliant. Kept the blubber guts Bulldogs forwards out of breath. Absolutely pwned He Who Must Not Run Lichaa. God he was good. Really took on Isaacs role beautifully.

Reactions: 10 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Did anyone see Luke get injured? TV didn't show anything at all apart from being tackled.

Have a look at Waisake Naholo's Instagram story (username is wnaholo) today. He was at the game and videoed a Warriors player being tackled on halfway (could have been Luke). The play had advanced down the field with Johnson passing to Thompson but as the tackled Warrior player got up, a Bulldogs player completely upended him and virtually speared him into the ground.

Might not have been Luke.... but if it was....

frankspence

frankspence

Exactly. And he himself was let down by others not taking his passes cleanly. Mostly spectators in row 2. :)
The pass that went out was definitely on. Ken looked gassed from an earlier run and didn't anticipate the pass. If he had he was in the clear. I hope Ata continues to play what's in front of him. He's a good defender and supports the ball runners. The rest will come

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Here is the video I'm talking about. Videoed on my phone and uploaded to twitter... only way I could work out how to copy it!!!

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Did anyone see Luke get injured? TV didn't show anything at all apart from being tackled.

Have a look at Waisake Naholo's Instagram story (username is wnaholo) today. He was at the game and videoed a Warriors player being tackled on halfway (could have been Luke). The play had advanced down the field with Johnson passing to Thompson but as the tackled Warrior player got up, a Bulldogs player completely upended him and virtually speared him into the ground.

Glen Larmer made some comment about the contact being off the ball

jonno

jonno

Here is the video I'm talking about. Videoed on my phone and uploaded to twitter... only way I could work out how to copy it!!!

It's in the wrong part of the field. Luke was tackled after just crossing one of the red ten meter lines.
Upload 2017 6 24 16 20 58

And this happened where the tackle was made.
Upload 2017 6 24 16 21 29

I think it was just a rolly polly between mates.

Jordan G

That wasn't Luke. Not sure what that incident was about though.

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor

All that happened to luke is when he got tackled, he had his arms out infront and passing while falling. Caught his arm outstretched on the wrong angle and popped his shoulder out. That was my take on it anyway.

Reactions: 3 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor

aside from being able to say if it was first half or second, without a time stamp it would be really hard to know who was involved. But if you could find out it would be pretty damning.

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

aside from being able to say if it was first half or second, without a time stamp it would be really hard to know who was involved. But if you could find out it would be pretty damning.
It was definitely the first half but it wasn't where Luke was injured.

Video of the Luke injury is below and as someone above said it was as he fell to the ground after he passed it to Gavet.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/06/23/23/19/warriors-issac-luke-injured-in-win-over-bulldogs

Last edited:
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
ATA I thought tried hard and was pretty solid but a few things he shouldn't be doing, mainly that hit up he took in the middle of the field, got smashed and lost the ball. He's just too small to be doing that.
He's taller and heavier than Shaun Johnson. It was just poor ball security...

It's in the wrong part of the field. Luke was tackled after just crossing one of the red ten meter lines.
View attachment 23291

And this happened where the tackle was made.
View attachment 23292

I think it was just a rolly polly between mates.
So who gets tipped over???

Jordan G

Tough to tell, but it looks like Luke at dummy half so you can put the tip at pre-injury.

49m out, Luke at dummy half, no marker, player caught in ruck, passes to Shaun Johnson for a short ball to Thompson to get behind the line for a 15m+ gain. Can't be too many of those. Find that play.

Jonno - you're up.