• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
I would have to say our youngsters put their hands up last night, well done to Roache, Ata, Maumolo and Cnk. Also Gavet
Yes Cnk did make a couple of mistakes but he didn't just disappear after them he came back and played on thru.

S.J had a good kicking game but his passing was off.
But all in all a wins a win the points are on the board, now if we can get our defense to stand up in PERTH. will come away with another win.

Reactions: 1 user
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Thought that was a better win than most we've had this season. Dogs were rubbish but still expected them to score more points in the first half than they did, which is credit to us.

Shaun Johnson is woeful. Those passes either along the ground or 5m above everyones head over the sideline...what is going on. He won't run the ball anymore, and he can't pass, what can he do? Kicking game was okay, about it. Serious problems if that's how he plans to play out his career.

Mannering was excellent up the middle, as was Gavet. Lisone is good when he doesn't have any brain snaps. Would keep Kata out of the side going forward, sadly.

It's origin period, and we're having our usual run to 9th. Though Seagles in Perth, then Penrith, then Cowboys in Townsville probably means this origin period will be less fruitful than usual.

Reactions: 4 users
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Thought that was a better win than most we've had this season. Dogs were rubbish but still expected them to score more points in the first half than they did, which is credit to us.

Shaun Johnson is woeful. Those passes either along the ground or 5m above everyones head over the sideline...what is going on. He won't run the ball anymore, and he can't pass, what can he do? Kicking game was okay, about it. Serious problems if that's how he plans to play out his career.

Mannering was excellent up the middle, as was Gavet. Lisone is good when he doesn't have any brain snaps. Would keep Kata out of the side going forward, sadly.

It's origin period, and we're having our usual run to 9th. Though Seagles in Perth, then Penrith, then Cowboys in Townsville probably means this origin period will be less fruitful than usual.
At least We wont have Thurston at cowboys

Tim burgess

Tim burgess

Really enjoyed the game. It was a great team performance. How good was Roache and Gavet.

Thought Shaun Johnson really step up his performance and show some brains with his kicking.

Keep up these type of performances the Warriors can make the top 8.

Hopefully consistency and the away form is not the Achilles heal.

• Haha
Pozza

Pozza

Congrats lads good effort. A really controlled and professional performance

Reactions: 2 users

Lets Gone

Thoughts on Ata everyone???.

I thought he never took control, never first receiver, made johnson do alot of the work.

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Thoughts on Ata everyone???.

I thought he never took control, never first receiver, made johnson do alot of the work.

He's willing to tackle properly which puts him ahead of Lolohea anyway.

He needs to improve a lot though.

Lets Gone

He's willing to tackle properly which puts him ahead of Lolohea anyway.

He needs to improve a lot though.
thomas Leuluai 2.0, makes solid defensive plays, but doesn't offer kicks, or really anything in attack?

Is still young, maybe Lino should be given a shot. Lino is 23, been playing alot of reserve grade,

Reactions: 2 users
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Can't believe the attention on Ata.

For the last few weeks people have been bagging Roache who wasn't getting an opportunity to play more than 10 minutes in a game. Now that he has had the chance to show people the player that many knew he was, he is a forum golden boy.

Ata was never going to be asked to control this game, 90% of that was always going to be given to Shaun Johnson. Bagging him for his lack of involvement is cruel. I saw some positive signs, especially his defence, which is the number one thing I care about when a young man comes into first grade. He has a promising foundation and we have seen with many players that FG is a bedding in period. He has some experience last year and some more miles under his belt tonight.

Mason Lino has looked better than him in Intrust at times, but Mason is 3-4 years ahead.

Reactions: 18 users

dean

The Bulldogs have problems with their halves for sure. However, the one big problem for them is the uncertainty that interferes with their attitude. They have spent up large for next season and almost every player has been mentioned as being up for sale. This must really affect your attitude because in the back of your mind you are wanting to secure your future somewhere and it may not be where you are. It is a reality of professional sport but this year almost every Bulldog player has been touted for sale at least by the media. I hope as part of our rebuilding that we don't inflict this on our team in the future.

Reactions: 1 users
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Thoughts on ATA are just too early to say. His defence looks able and that's a must have early in FG.

I think big Ken has shown us to moderate early expectations.

I wouldn't have Manu back before Ken.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler

For the last few weeks people have been bagging Roache who wasn't getting an opportunity to play more than 10 minutes in a game. Now that he has had the chance to show people the player that many knew he was, he is a forum golden boy.

Ata was never going to be asked to control this game, 90% of that was always going to be given to Shaun Johnson. Bagging him for his lack of involvement is cruel. I saw some positive signs, especially his defence, which is the number one thing I care about when a young man comes into first grade. He has a promising foundation and we have seen with many players that FG is a bedding in period. He has some experience last year and some more miles under his belt tonight.

Mason Lino has looked better than him in Intrust at times, but Mason is 3-4 years ahead.
Forum reality. Win or lose there must always be a whipping boy. Always. Ata Hingano come on down.

Clearly the game tactic was for Shaun Johnson to make the plays. Ata will be slowly weaned into his role. People expect him to go out there and be Thurston.

Give the kid some time. He'll come right...

Reactions: 16 users
Sebastian

Sebastian

A tough gritty win to be proud of. Gavet again a star. Ata is gelling in. Roache having a blinder up the middle. Nice replacement for Luke, hopefully not season ending. Mannering again a colossus. His ability to slow down play and make the miracle tackle is unmatched. Maybe Hindmarsh in his prime. Sheck turning it on again. Again with the match winning try. Shaun was very good at the line. Nice field goal, he's been up and down with field goals and sealing games. So that should boost his confidence. Ayshford again very consistent at centre. Lovely to have him locked again. Underrated this year, no outrageous flair just a very solid centre.

Reactions: 5 users

Blindside

Shaun Johnson is so predictable. He has lost the direct running that he showed earlier in the season.
Now his preference is to kick rather than go near the defenders or crab across field.

Ata will come good.

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

[QUOTwouldBlindside, post: 665956, member: 215"]Shaun Johnson is so predictable. He has lost the direct running that he showed earlier in the season.
Now his preference is to kick rather than go near the defenders or crab across field.

Ata will come good.[/QUOTE]
Lino would come good to
Maybe ata is winning in the defense
in which case you can't argue defense wins games
but I like the idea of lino .I'm sure there's some competition,
between them for forans spot next year,
But I'd be stoked if either of them turns out good ,

eric

eric

I recorded the game and watched it later. I enjoyed the first half a lot, second half was a bit dour.

Happy with most of the players performances. Gavet, Roache, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Mannering were all fantastic. Maumolo was great too. I thought Lisone had a good game. Luke was going well before the busted shoulder.

Shaun Johnson went well but still needs to tighten up certain areas. His passing hasn't been too great lately. ATA I thought tried hard and was pretty solid but a few things he shouldn't be doing, mainly that hit up he took in the middle of the field, got smashed and lost the ball. He's just too small to be doing that. Hoffman got smacked around a fair bit too. He was alright though.

Happy with the win.

Also, that game totally confirmed that the dogs are the worst team to watch in the comp. They look 10x worse than us and we were still a bit sloppy.

Last edited:

Lets Gone

Definitely needs time playing footy, i dont know if that should be in FG or reserve grade. Lino has been playing reserve grade for a while now, should get an opportunity.

Tylz

I love Simone Mannering!!!

Please can we win this man a premiership before he retires.

Reactions: 7 users