• A

• B

• C

• F

• Z---

Results are only viewable after voting.
snake77

snake77

The Hoffman try at the start was great work with Johnson coming over from the right hand side. That play has been working well. Good to see our halves not stuck to one side of the field.

The other nice thing to see was Roger Tuivasa-Sheck scoring off an off load.

Reactions: 1 users
Khaboom

Khaboom

Big difference this games was off loads... And showed. Won us the match.
Spot on - they give us space and time. It kills you when the other team keep offloading and you can't. That and losing the penalty count. And missing tackles and not making line breaks or bending the line. Well, anyway, those offloads need to keep coming. Maybe they can be part of the process.

Reactions: 2 users
brightman

brightman

Madness if you think the 2nd try was on Shaun Johnson. I've been a huge critic of his, but if he jams on Hayne, then there is a 2 on 1 on the edge, they pass and score.

Shaun Johnson rightly slides, communicates to Brodene to take Hayne, all Brodene does is back pedal and do nothing. Of he
This and we're talking about Jarrod Hayne here, he's no mug. So next season Harris and Mannering will shore up the edges with Lisone and Pulu locking up the middle and Bo can come off the bench if he chooses to stay..

Reactions: 2 users
rugged

rugged

Bodene topped the tackle count way ahead of Mannering and Luke yesterday. There is no way he could be dropped on that performance, but it was disappointing that he was close to so many line breaks. Maybe the chemistry between he and SJ needs some tweaking.
Eventually we scored one when Johnson played round the back of Brodene. The overlap was there because we had played short to him a lot of times. That line from Bodene seldom seems to get a clean break, when it is executed well it tends to be a half break with a quick ptb or offload. But it does keep the defensive line honest and at the right time Shaun Johnson can play out the back to good effect

jonno

jonno

Eventually we scored one when Johnson played round the back of Brodene. The overlap was there because we had played short to him a lot of times. That line from Bodene seldom seems to get a clean break, when it is executed well it tends to be a half break with a quick ptb or offload. But it does keep the defensive line honest and at the right time Shaun Johnson can play out the back to good effect
I just can't help thinking that a bigger body there in Brodenes spot would give Shaun Johnson way more space to step through..

Afakasi247

Afakasi247

Is it just me or is Ken looking more like a real winger? His acrobatic try last week in the corner and he's now finishing off tries (He should have had two had it not been for a certain one eyed aussie ref).
I reckon it's confidence.

He's more confident with what we can do.

IMO he's always had the skill. But he's overcome a shit load of criticism to improve his game.

A couple times Maumalo got the cut out ball and he backed himself down the side line with intention to score. Earlier in the season he'd just hesitate and cut back in field.

I like what others have analyzed - he's developing his own style as opposed to the generic "Beast 2.0".

He's now getting try scoring opportunities and converting them - maybe because attention is more on his inside man Kata, but the more space he gets the score the more confident he becomes to back himself..

He's pretty safe under the high ball and has minimized his errors - that tough catch he took when the rain was pouring....he'd drop that earlier this season or seasons past.

He has a high work rate and always puts his hand up early in our sets. Has to be up there in Running meters beside Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

I'll admit that I had doubted him at times this season...he got dropped to the Reserves for 1 game and didn't impress as such, was also quiet for Toa Samoa...but since then he's been a man rejuvenated.

Imo he's an example of a player with confidence instilled by the trust given to him by SK - and it's paying dividends.

I just hope SK backs him inside of bringing Vatuvei back into the fold....

Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
I reckon it's confidence.

He's more confident with what we can do.

IMO he's always had the skill. But he's overcome a shit load of criticism to improve his game.

A couple times Maumalo got the cut out ball and he backed himself down the side line with intention to score. Earlier in the season he'd just hesitate and cut back in field.

I like what others have analyzed - he's developing his own style as opposed to the generic "Beast 2.0".

He's now getting try scoring opportunities and converting them - maybe because attention is more on his inside man Kata, but the more space he gets the score the more confident he becomes to back himself..

He's pretty safe under the high ball and has minimized his errors - that tough catch he took when the rain was pouring....he'd drop that earlier this season or seasons past.

He has a high work rate and always puts his hand up early in our sets. Has to be up there in Running meters beside Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

I'll admit that I had doubted him at times this season...he got dropped to the Reserves for 1 game and didn't impress as such, was also quiet for Toa Samoa...but since then he's been a man rejuvenated.

Imo he's an example of a player with confidence instilled by the trust given to him by SK - and it's paying dividends.

I just hope SK backs him inside of bringing Vatuvei back into the fold....

Yeah I agreen its a confidence thing but thats not a surprise with this team.

For me then jury is still out with Ken.

One or even two solid games isnt enough for me to believe he's turned a corner.

He took a couple of nice high bombs and made a few strong hit ups. But I need to see this consistently from Ken. Error free and playing with confidence.

If he can repeat against the good teams who attack his end throughout the game and he holds them out with Kata. Then fair enough. That wing spot is his to lose.

Go back to your point again. Will he look this confident up against the storm, broncos, rooster or sharks??!?

warriors4eva

solid game

we beat a team we should beat

and konnie is once again the warriors bi@tch lol !!

Blain

Blain

Hurrell was probably their most damaging player. Actually I'd say easily, made a full break and a couple half breaks.

He then missed a couple of tackles, went missing and then got injured. So a typical Hurrell performance all in all.

Reactions: 7 users
FAN

FAN

At the end of the day, I, like most of you cats, have a LOVE HATE relationship with this club. For over 20 years I have, like most of you, supported them, through think and thin, coach after coach, player after player. year after year.....
I will continue to do so, I love them, I hate them, but i'm still after all said and done.......a FAN.

Heard a interview on the radio the other day. It was Shaun Johnson and he was asked a question. The question was, what is something people don't know about you.....
His answer, i'm human like everyone else, and I have feelings, like everyone else........made me stop and think a little, and understand from a players point of view. These guy's have huge huge pressure on them every week to perform, they are young men, who choose to play professional sport for a living, some better than others.
But at the end of the day, they are still only human, and have feelings to match. I must say, I was taken back when I heard that.

Sup42

Sup42

GT
At the end of the day, I, like most of you cats, have a LOVE HATE relationship with this club. For over 20 years I have, like most of you, supported them, through think and thin, coach after coach, player after player. year after year.....
I will continue to do so, I love them, I hate them, but i'm still after all said and done.......a FAN.

Heard a interview on the radio the other day. It was Shaun Johnson and he was asked a question. The question was, what is something people don't know about you.....
His answer, i'm human like everyone else, and I have feelings, like everyone else........made me stop and think a little, and understand from a players point of view. These guy's have huge huge pressure on them every week to perform, they are young men, who choose to play professional sport for a living, some better than others.
But at the end of the day, they are still only human, and have feelings to match. I must say, I was taken back when I heard that.
Princess is the Walter White of the Warriors ( if you don't know breaking bad....don't read on ).....he is a Master of doing X and making you believe it is Y.

Put it this way.....if your boss caved in to your demand for a Mil a year.....

Add to that you have been shit at your job since signing the deal.

Would you go to the media and milk an angle that envolked the response you just experienced ?

Maybe you would, in which case I would label u a master manipulator.

I've seen some gangstas, he's right up there.

Nineteen thousand plus per week.....sleep easy bro.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
jonno

jonno

His answer, i'm human like everyone else, and I have feelings, like everyone else........
So he thinks nobody knows that about him? Says a lot. All you guys who though he was a robot hang your heads in shame.;)

Hay Johnson, we also know that you're not meeting your contractual obligations...

With great paycheck comes great responsibility. We're not paying for a sooky festival...