😷
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
Three games we should have won no matter what:
1) Bulldogs game
2) Panthers game, and
3) That game

And it's going to get progressively worse.

We won't beat a team in Sydney whilst Ash Klein is reffing, that was truly awful and just blatant.

Good players removed from the line up, shit players retained, persistence with an unsuccessful game plan, no Plan B, and reluctant to align a way forward with players natural talent. Stephen Kearny is not going to do it for us however we've sack d too many before him so are locked in or trapped in this arrangement.

Recruitment is going to get even harder than what we're seeing, current performances are ensuring this.

Too many years of incredible disappointment in this club, more false dawns than Kokoda.

I think we are actually witnessing the beginning of the end of this club.

Last edited:

natedogg

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 12, 2012
NRL needs to allow another NZ team to enter the competition asap, i believe this could resolve a number of issues with the mentality of this team. On paper we have to have one of the better teams in the competition, surely in the top 4 ? yet we play like a bottom 4 team.

Competition drives passion and desire to win, because we have no other NZ team in the competition its already instilled in the minds of players that the chance of us getting a fair go in Australian competition is slim, not to mention letting us get close enough to to the trophy for us to get competitive. So why bother.

When i look back to the team who got us to the grand final in 2011 compared to the roster we have now, it just doesn't make any sense.

I think its fair to say the team really lost its way, when we lost James Maloney...especially Feleti Mateo, Billy Tupou, Krisnan Inu... NOT

Our fullback was even Kevin Locke ? We now have Roger Tuivasa-Sheck ?

Honestly how did we make it to the grand final with these guys in our team ?

Got me fucking clueless

Reactions: MurrayTD

Leaguegod

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2015
Why was Lillyman there? Was it because he did fuck all for the Morons? a Fraud as a league player, gutless. Hoffman need I say more but you watch these 2 losers will never play reserve grade nor will Hoffman start from the bench, yeah boys keep shaking your heads, who is Hoffman going to blame this time? fuckwad of a man.

Reactions: Stalefish540

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
Honestly how did we make it to the grand final with these guys in our team ?

Got me fucking clueless
It took Cleary 7 years of moulding that team/club to reach the GF and even then fortune in the guise of Shaun Johnson to propel us into the Top 8 and luck to survive a 40-10 thrashing at the hands of the Broncos in the 1st round of the Finals series then some last minute magic to down the Tigers from Krisnan Inu whom Cleary parked on the "naughty mat" for most of the regular season proper. Cleary was a steady coach but not the guy to take the club to the next level of successful performance, but then all the subsequent coaches were even poorer..

Give Kearney half the time as Cleary and he'll achieve the same performances from our club without a doubt, give him a bigger, better forward pack and he'll have us knocking on the door of the Top 4.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
It took Cleary 7 years of moulding that team/club to reach the GF and even then fortune in the guise of Shaun Johnson to propel us into the Top 8 and luck to survive a 40-10 thrashing at the hands of the Broncos in the 1st round of the Finals series then some last minute magic to down the Tigers from Krisnan Inu whom Cleary parked on the "naughty mat" for most of the regular season proper. Cleary was a steady coach but not the guy to take the club to the next level of successful performance, but then all the subsequent coaches were even poorer..

Give Kearney half the time as Cleary and he'll achieve the same performances from our club without a doubt, give him a bigger, better forward pack and he'll have us knocking on the door of the Top 4.
Thats optimistic considering Keaneys previous NRL coaching record was something like 6wins over a whole season

Diesel

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 7, 2014
Brisbane
I can see a team like Cronulla play like a team who are mates, have got each other's backs but the warriors I can't see that Maybe a division amongst the Aussies and Polynesian players but they don't play like a team unified or will go into battle together- They just don't seem close like Aussie teams
If that is the case, get the broom out. These are paid professionals and they can leave their issues behind once they get on the field.

Fuck 'em

Reactions: jonno

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Albert Vete no missed tackles, well done, it has to be said.
Bodene, made 40 tackles missed five...sort of says it all doesn't it
Mannering 48 tackles 1 missed...
Warriors 30 missed tackles...last week 20...but WTF the Eels has 32 missed tackles...WTF is it with this team?
I think we are actually witnessing the beginning of the end of this club.
I hope not, but something is seriously wrong and if Chris Rattue and Dale Budge have the good oil when JD goes it will be even worse.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Well Ricky Stuart only did marginally better at the Eels but has since done a great job transforming the Raiders in about the same timeframe, the comparisons are natural as the similarities are numourous..
I wouldnt be jumping the gun on Stuart, they made the finals once and are currently outside the 8, if they miss out this year he could be gone (I think Stuart has a better coaching record than SK in general which has kept him in a job.. undeservedly up until last year)

Reactions: Defence

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
Whangarei
One of Luke's better games - 140ish metres is exactly what we need from him. His performance should have laid a platform for success. It's a major fucken worry that we couldn't capitalise on one of the better dummy half games we've seen. Every week we hear excuses about how we just needed the go forward. Well we had in fucking spades last night, and were still limp.

In the NRL's history, has there ever been a half less able to carry out last tackle options than Johnson? OK, so it's not his strength, we know that, ease up on the criticism there and have a look at his outstanding running game. All 30 metres of it. I nearly beat that effort sitting on the goddamn couch. The guy's head is just piss weak.

Donal

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2014
Auckland
This I'm afraid could be a season-ender.

We're on 10 (!) points. 4 for the two byes takes us to 14. We'll need 28 minimum to make the eight, more like 30 with our negative points difference, unless we have some big wins that bring it down a bit (ha!). 11 games left, so we need to win 7 of the last 11 (to get to 28) or 8 out of 11 (to get to 30). It's got hard, folks.

Truth is, if you meet another on-the-fringe-of-the-eight team like the Eels, and you don't put them away, almost by definition you're not a make-the-eight team yourself. We didn't, and we don't look like one. And this against a team down to 15 men for a good part of the game.

So what went wrong, and what can be fixed?

On the day, defensive lapses by the backs let two easy tries in - odd, when when defence is meant to be part of the new processes. And Gutherson shouldn't have been able to sneak that last one, either. And we're a team that depends on Shaun Johnson - there are people on the forum who don't like it, but it's a fact, and here we are rather like the Knights with Andrew Johns - and he didn't have his best day. It happens, and he makes up for it over the longer haul (don't forget that brilliant solo try last week against the Broncos), but it wasn't his day (32 Fantasy points, his lowest all season).

On the plus side, we've learned to fight back rather than capitulate. We came back at them twice. Didn't get us the points, but we're toughening a bit mentally. And some very good personal performances - a huge effort, yet again, from Mannering (another player we're dependent on), and Issac is getting better and better.

So much for the game itself. What's the big problem that's left us in this hole?

Others have picked this too and they're right - the forward pack is not a top-4 or even make-the-8 pack. Other than Simon, who is 4th in the comp for average Fantasy points per game for second rowers (and very consistent while he's at it), and Issac, who's 9th among hookers, and Gavet on his recent terrific form, there's nobody else who stands out as a class act. Here's a stat for you: in his 43 minutes on the field Gavet scored more Fantasy points than either Thompson or Hoffman scored in a full 80, and Lillyman made only 18 points in 30 minutes. It's time to lose Lillyman, Thompson, Hoffman, and Matulino is going anyway (though he's actually been quite good in his last two games). Tohu Harris coming will help, and we've got a lot of younger lads coming through the Warriors system to work on, but we still need another high impact forward. If there was a "bring James Graham to the Warriors" fund going, I'd be the first to put a dollar in the collection box. And maybe consider shifting Manu to the pack while we're at it.

In the backs, I know we've got tricky selection issues, but if the answer is no CNK, we must be asking the wrong question.

I don't have anything much to contribute on tactics, though as even Blockhead Roach could see last night, we're slow at the play the ball. And there are two smallish but stupid things we could fix. If Kata won't pass the ball, drop him: enough is enough. And I don't know if SK reads these forums, but if he does:

STOP USING ZERO MINUTE SUBSTITUTES.

We've done a Lazarus before, maybe we will again. Us tragics keep the faith, eh? I'll be delirious if we make the finals. But at the moment we're looking an underpowered team to get there.

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 21, 2012
The only time we looked dangerous was off the back of offloads, the ones Kearney doesn't allow and we're only made cause we were behind, kata was not fit and I am furious we dropped CNK to play him, Honestly I don't even blame the players, with our game plan we are never going to win, it is the wrong game plan and Kearney you are a deadset moron and this team with you as coach will never be worth watching. Johnson you need a grow a spine, I would take Lino over him any day of the week.

Herbie Hind

Warriors Bench Player
May 19, 2013
Kata - useless (but is a favoured child and will be picked again next week).
Thompson - very out of form and a defensive liability in a team that isn't strong defensively anyway. Drop them both.

Solution - Put Fusitua back at centre, send Kata to reserve grade and put CNK back onto wing. Also , start bringing one of the Sipley's through into first grade. They need to be given a chance.

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2012
Disappointing again. Some positives but more negatives. Thompson, Kata, Johnson need to be dropped.

Lisone is average, but liked the look of Vete and Gavet again was hard to handle.

The use of Roache is mystifying. I'm sure have Ata on the bench might be a better option.

I really worry for next year when Foran is not at the club.

One thing for sure Parramatta are building nicely.

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
First of all hats of to Parra, very gutsy display by them and the fact they wanted it more got them through. Their fans should be pleased with their teams passion. Ours on the other hand...

Positives Luke's best game, Gavet was great, both wingers were very good and Ayshford solid also.

Negatives- slow line speed, discipline I have no love for Klein but there were some stupid penalties from us from players who should know better like Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Mannering. Shaun Johnson having another stinker and Thompson and Hoffman being terrible. The back row is a bigger issue than our props I think.

Oh and now Shaun Johnson has lost his gas are we the slowest team in the comp?

Reactions: Donal and Johnnyray

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings