• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

Don't care a jot that the Broncos had players out with Origin. We played well, we played structured, we looked like a team that for the most part knew what they were doing. Any sign that we can get our shit together is something to be celebrated with rapturous joy, as the lack of that has always been at the heart of our failures.

Reactions: 3 users
jonno

jonno

From listening to comments from the super knowledgeable Monty Betham it appears there are doubts as to whether they can take their form to first grade.
He's right, Tof wont be able to do this in first grade.:wacky:

:sperm:

Can someone send this vid to EW and ask him what the fuck is this club up to?

Reactions: 2 users

Jordan G

Considering how often you post it Jonno I'm sure it won't be long until everyone has seen it. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Dunedin warrior

Tough to gauge against a half strength broncos, but I thought we varied our game a bit more last night. Things like using the short side, offloading the ball and Shaun Johnson popping up more on the left.

Only five errors so there is room for us to play a more expansive game.

Reactions: 2 users
Defence

Defence

Considering how often you post it Jonno I'm sure it won't be long until everyone has seen it. ;)

Don't tell me that's the same clip over and over. Here I was thinking he'd had 20 line breaks in that game.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

He's right, Tof wont be able to do this in first grade.:wacky:

:sperm:

Can someone send this vid to EW and ask him what the fuck is this club up to?

then lousi killed all momentum, theres always one that screws the set up

Reactions: 1 users
jonno

jonno

Don't tell me that's the same clip over and over. Here I was thinking he'd had 20 line breaks in that game.
The thing is he's been pretty consistent in reserves at getting post contact meters. This is just the only good quality video of him in action.

Defence

Defence

The thing is he's been pretty consistent in reserves at getting post contact meters. This is just the only good quality video of him in action.

All good mate- don't need the highlights anyway it's been clear since the u20s that he's got the goods.
He'll crack it- if not with us it'll be somewhere else.

ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Had the game on in the background. A couple of good tries from both sides. The result changes nothing in my eyes however. Same team next week for a tough trip away to the Eels, it's Friday night too.

Reactions: 1 user
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
CNK's foot work for the Try / no Try in the corner was spookily reminiscent of Shaun Hope's footwork and finish....total flash back.
100% - couldn't quite place it but you're right. Still love those jerseys and every version they bring out.

Would mind returning to those colours and that moko.

FAN

FAN

Well, put ALL my 3k on the broncos to win 13+.........WTF !! lol as soon as I put money on them to lose, real or fake they always turn up to play and WIN........

Rated the game a B, simply because it was a fair effort against a B side.

Put the likes of Parker in the ring with Junior Fa, and you would get a similar result, but put him in with Mike Tyson in his prime and we would all be leaving the arena after the first round.

At the end of the day we got the 2 points, but we have a very very long way to go and it can't be done with this current line up of players, no matter what spin ( or SPINE ) anyone try's to put on this year's team.

Hey, 2 points is 2 points, but IMO it makes me feel like we stole the candy from a baby......

Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
I claimed I wouldn't be watching last night but got ready to go out after ISP and caught the first 30mins before the fam headed out.

We meet our friends at a great local tavern, sit down and there's a huge tv right there on the wall showing the game.

Had to laugh, the big rebellion was somewhat thwarted and I couldn't have been happier. Lead to a cracking night!

Love those retro jerseys.

Reactions: 4 users

Tim burgess

It was a lot better viewing, even if the Broncos were under strengthened due to Origin call ups. The basics were on show which was pleasing.

CNK is a delight to watch.

Last edited:
Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

I see what you mean the spoiler Alert function isn't working.

* Spoiler\\\Alert*
John Snow gets killed every episode S07

Just on the game last night.....It was really weird seeing these blokes run around in retro jerseys, I couldn't recognize some of them...they looked like Warriors.

CNK's foot work for the Try / no Try in the corner was spookily reminiscent of Shaun Hope's footwork and finish....total flash back.

Great to get the Win on top of the three grand Bookie Cash from the Mods....Warriors win at 13+

Yes he is developing into a Sean Hoppe type player. I must admit that's a good comparison

Reactions: 3 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
In my head your comment is pretty tongue in cheek, so I'll go with that. Seems fair, why risk a potential failure when you can stick with the safe bet of certain failure.
I rate Monty Betham for his ability to punch opposition forwards when it was legal, so yes my comment was tongue in cheek.

However I do respect SK and although he is very conservative he has been there and done that enough to know what makes a first grade forward. Betham was a team mate of SK's so might have some inside information.

That is not saying the Sipley's are on the outer but SK was trained under Warren Ryan whose attitude to good players was to treat them tough to see what they were really made of. Gary Freeman wrote about that in his book.

SK did that with CNK who really showed what he was made of and looks to be a regular in FG now.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Sipleys do the same, and if they don't SK obviously doesn't rate them.

Wiping a tear of nostalgia away, Sean Hoppe was a bit bigger than CNK but I do like the comparison. I remember the night at MSS when even before I had got to my seat Sean had run over the top of Willie Carne no less to score in the tunnel corner.
Steve from your managemnt degree day please change your selection poilcy away from hierachy to performance.
I am sure SK remembers management 101, but I bet he remembers what Warren Ryan taught him even more. Ryan was a control freak school teacher, but neither a pussy nor a business manager.

Last edited:
ttkk19

ttkk19

tbh im very so so about last night's win.

not to seem ungrateful but a win against an origin-hit broncos side at this time of year doesn't give me much satisfaction or confidence. In fact any win we get for the next 6-8 weeks will have the same effect. IMO the end of the year is where we'll see whether or not Kearney's turned this team around.

Still a little peeved about team selection as well... this would have been the perfect opportunity to give one of our reserve props a run with the first-grade side. By continually picking the same side Kearney's showing that he has faith in the players, hopefully they'll be able to repay him by putting in some improved performances moving forward.

On a side note, did anyone see after one of the tries when the Warriors almost didn't get back for the kick-off? The camera shot to Kearney and he was going off. It's not anything major but defs something the leadership group need to work on.

jonno

jonno

The broncos made 15 errors and completed under 60%.

This game means nothing. We're still the same crap team we were last week. We just played a team with 7 of their best players out that's all.

Boyde
Oats
Milford
McCullough
Gillett
McGuire
Thaiday

We lost Lillyman.

This team of ours only plays hard when they think they can win. And against a b team they all think they can win.

Simple solution. Go a little crazy and start thinking you can beat the full strength broncos. Comprende amagos?

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Jesus H Christ. Just saw the post match on Fox. Is Corey Parker the full quid? He mentions the Broncos dominated the second half and won the second half.

Listen merkin, maths is class clearly not your strong point. 16-0 became 28-10. That's 12-10 to the other mob. Brisbane scored two brilliant miraculous long range tries. The Warriors completed at 100% in the second half and comfortably controlled possession and territory. It's not as if we were turning the Broncos away, I think they had one set in our 20.

As far as the Broncos being unlucky with Origin. They have unlimited TPAs. They brought David Mead onto one wing, replaced the Australian fullback with a Kiwi international, replaced their halves with a former Queensland and Australian player and also a former New Zealand test captain, and were so blase they had a Kiwis test hooker play limited minutes off the bench. Ok there was a couple of young chaps but it's not as if they brought in Neville no names that every other club has to.

Reactions: 8 users