01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Ugh. That team really underscores the lack of quality in our forward stocks (club wide) because I'm sure Kearney would have axed a few more if the options were there. At this point though, if we're more than 4pts out of the 8 after Origin, I would essentially concede this year and drop all non-performers that are unlikely to earn a new contract / have signed elsewhere. The Knights season was absolutely miserable last year, but they are starting to show some really good signs. Not only that, but you can see the camaraderie in their team when they do muster a win. Our 2017 might look like utter shit, but SK would be setting himself up for the following years.

Bluecat again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 30, 2012
GROUNDHOG DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuck me. Does anything ever change at the Warriors?
Shit players put in shit performances and don't get dropped because everyone else the coach can pick from is injured or even shitter than what he started with
This has been going on for two decades
Why Maumalo? Why not put Gavet there if you don't play a winger? He's big and strong too and he has some mongrel and he'll get more carries on the wing than at prop. And he's much scarier for a winger to run at
Johnson I don't care if he plays or not. Let someone else have a go
Lillyman, Hoffman, Thompson, Matulino and Lisone make nearly one decent forward between them. Why bother naming them?
Roache is a waste of time unless he gets to actually play long enough to get out of breath

Apart from that happy with the team :)

Waiting For Premiership

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 11, 2012
Shows what a total shambles the warriors are. Why would you allow Matulino to play his 200th game ? Why not say you"ll get it once you dominate completely in the reserves , send him to the ISP let him get his head round it ...." that your leaving at the end of the season AND your NOT getting the 200 game milestone till you absolutely kill in the ISP". Just seems like its all about individuals giving fuck all and being rewarded, rather than team building process with this lot.

Crusader26

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 2, 2016
At least part of the disaster on Saturday was caused by players playing longer minutes than normal and running out of gas..
Yup, I think that was the main reason for the second half performance, they looked like they had spent all their energy in the first half and had no gas left in the tank. How come after all these years, the Warriors still can't play a full 80mins?

Crusader26

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 2, 2016
Shows what a total shambles the warriors are. Why would you allow Matulino to play his 200th game ? Why not say you"ll get it once you dominate completely in the reserves , send him to the ISP let him get his head round it ...." that your leaving at the end of the season AND your NOT getting the 200 game milestone till you absolutely kill in the ISP". Just seems like its all about individuals giving fuck all and being rewarded, rather than team building process with this lot.
Agreed, when was the last time Ben played well for us? A few years back probably. Glad he's going

Reactions: Citygirl

WarriorBall

Yup, I think that was the main reason for the second half performance, they looked like they had spent all their energy in the first half and had no gas left in the tank. How come after all these years, the Warriors still can't play a full 80mins?

With practically no possession they managed to tackle the Roosters to death in that second half in round 9 so I'm not sure that theory holds much water.

I think it was more the fact that the Panthers play a style of football that can be difficult for any side to defend against once they get momentum and we lacked aggression and intent in the tackle after halftime.

Lillyman said he felt like they were getting bounced out of the tackle, that's all attitude and aggression. If you dominate the tackle they find it a lot harder to break us down, it didn't happen on Saturday and the Panthers with 60-70% of the ball did what they'd do to a lot of sides.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Our forward pack is old, relatively small in size and our squad has no depth in quality. Blame the brains trust that put that squad together rather than the coach who is forced to work with it.
The problem really is that no self respecting player with a career plan would come to the Warriors in the first place.

We are the ESL option of the NRL....paid employment in semi retirement.
A flirtation via media to drive up prices.

The easiest club to get NRL games.

This reality engenders no loyalty of commitment from the local populace.

It suits the players to maintain the status quo.

If the team makes the finals, it makes the club a more attractive option for outside players.

This is not a desirable state if you play for the Warriors.....vicariously it makes the company more attractive....which if you are a worker....creates the threat of competition for spots.

At some point Stephen Kearney will look for revolution from within.

I say that with confidence in the face of a same old same old team naming against this weeks competiton...with the belief that Kearney Is here for years....years beyond his predecessors....as such as you say.....he is master of a house he did not choose.

In time Kearney will be the truth, the light and the way.....the only path to membership. Eventually he will sack a generation of Warriors to find his Minions.
With Mannering out, we need to play 4 forwards on the bench. At least part of the disaster on Saturday was caused by players playing longer minutes than normal and running out of gas. A fresh Vete coming on after 50 minutes would have been very handy.

Luke can suck it up and play 80. It's not like we use Roache as a utility player anyway - Bodene has been covering any injuries in the backs lately.
Kearney has never rated Luke as an eighty minute forward.

I like the idea of Luke for 80 ergo affords a bench of Four bigger men.

However let's not forget if we do that....it likely means one forward (Hooker) is probably not going to be up to scratch for the entire match.

Last edited:
Reactions: koolkat and Maraea

Jamma

U20's Player
Mar 1, 2017
Lots of negativity on here again (more so than usual & understandable after last week), extrememly tough watch but im crossing my fingers the boys can hit back. stoked to see the boys back playing in my hometown. Who's making the trip from Auckland to support the boys??? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings