Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Rate the game. 1 Amazing - 5 Shit!

Results are only viewable after voting.
jonno

jonno

Wayne Scurrah would have known how to handle this crisis.

Fire

"Would you like it pre-lit, or would you like to take it home and light it yourself?"

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Bluecat again

Bluecat again

I know theres a lot of article on here that have been from news websites, don't think this one has been put on here - apologies if doubled up - found it really interesting but never heard of the writer myself.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/92812958/open-letter-to-my-fellow-warriors-fans

Good stuff
It is time to let the Warriors management and team know what we think of them
Maybe time to cancel Sky TV. Or maybe just don't watch Warriors games. The NRL will get the message if Sky isn't getting their moneys worth from the Warriors
Or a boycott of home games. Imagine if no one turned up for a couple of games and they played in front of empty stands
Surely that would get the message across?
Or 20,000 fans at their next home game with Scream masks, pitchforks, burning torches and buckets of hot tar and feathers. I bet the players would think twice about effort levels to make sure they didn't lose that one

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Jordan G

Citygirl

Citygirl

Contributor
I think as fans we do need to do something to show the club, players and management etc that what they are dishing up at the moment is unacceptable. If we saw remorse or huge disappointment from the players after the game this would show us they cared but we're not seeing it. We deserve more. I'm not exactly sure what we need to do but open to suggestions.

Reactions: 2 users
Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
Maybe booing the guys at half and/or full time like the Panthers did?

Tried that half time at Mt Smart a few years ago. It did work for the 2nd half of that game but now I'm not so sure they're listening

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Jordan G

The problem is that most the time our first half isn't bad so little reason to boo.

And by the time it ends in the second half most of the crowd have walked out.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
surfin

surfin

I'm not so sure that the passion remains. I think it's rapidly fading.

I'd like to do a quick poll.

Push the like button of your passion remains.
Push the funny button if your passion is fading.

Rather than just push a button I was going to write something, unfortunately I ran out of passion before I had.

Can we have a third button that lights a fire under these guys?

• Haha
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I think as fans we do need to do something to show the club, players and management etc that what they are dishing up at the moment is unacceptable. If we saw remorse or huge disappointment from the players after the game this would show us they cared but we're not seeing it. We deserve more. I'm not exactly sure what we need to do but open to suggestions.

I've been thinking the same thing lately, these guys need to know the disrespect they show their fans (which the take for granted) is no longer acceptable.
How to show it is the hard part
Not buy merch?- most of the fans have purchased it already
Not renew membership?- I did this as my own protest but the club didn't even notice, I never even got a "please renew"email
Vent on social media?- at best u get a "keep the faith" at worst u get a "ur by a real fan dox uso, jyst haterz " or some shit
Quit sky/foxtel? Already been paid for the rights
Fans not show up to the game? There'll always be some diehards that go otherwise they will reason it with bad weather/ tough economic conditions or some other buzz word.
Only way I can see that will let the players know is turn up and protest by gathering outside the stadium and not going in, have ur signs and boo the shit out of them- let them know u would rather stand outside than watch their weak pathetic efforts

kenny44

kenny44

I've been thinking the same thing lately, these guys need to know the disrespect they show their fans (which the take for granted) is no longer acceptable.
Not renew membership?- I did this as my own protest but the club didn't even notice, I never even got a "please renew"email
Vent on social media?- at best u get a "keep the faith" at worst u get a "ur by a real fan dox uso, jyst haterz " or some shit
Fans not show up to the game? There'll always be some diehards that go otherwise they will reason it with bad weather/ tough economic conditions or some other buzz word.
Only way I can see that will let the players know is turn up and protest by gathering outside the stadium and not going in, have ur signs and boo the shit out of them- let them know u would rather stand outside than watch their weak pathetic efforts

More effective is whoever can be bothered showing up to watch the game actually enter the stadium so TV cameras and players can see, but perhaps a deathly silence and everyone dressed in white to symbolise the white flag the Warriors have waved in surrender these last few weeks/years. Regardless of what happens on the field - Warriors try even - no clapping, yahooing, cheering - just silence and a stoney face.

kos

Meanwhile our reserve grade side has just won again 20 to 18 against Wentworthville. Captain and halfback all year one Mason Lino.

Jordan G

Give the entire crowd white flags. at the very least they'll get a lot of exercise with all the waving they'd be doing.

• Haha
Sledge

Sledge

Meanwhile our reserve grade side has just won again 20 to 18 against Wentworthville. Captain and halfback all year one Mason Lino.
Surely the more Lino develops he will start to pressure Johnson? Are our coaches that naieve that won't drop him? But then again they have just payed him over a mill, Fuck we are in the shite.

Johnnyray

Johnnyray

I'm thinking of buying some toilet paper and sending Jim Doyle the receipt just to show him how shit we are ...

Who's with me ? ;)

• Haha

kos

Surely the more Lino develops he will start to pressure Johnson? Are our coaches that naieve that won't drop him? But then again they have just payed him over a mill, Fuck we are in the shite.
Yeah I keep name dropping Lino.
Hingano didn't play today must be injured.Sam Cook played 5/8. Tevaga came back from injury.
Lino may play 1st grade if Shaun Johnson/kf get injured.

Xfactor

I know theres a lot of article on here that have been from news websites, don't think this one has been put on here - apologies if doubled up - found it really interesting but never heard of the writer myself.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/92812958/open-letter-to-my-fellow-warriors-fans
A great read and insight

But how do you get the kind of people that stayed behind after the Dragons game to get photos and autographs, to adopt this attitude?

It seems that a percentage of NZ league fans are so desperate for anything that they can call theirs, they are prepared to accept the level of rubbish being dished up to them.

There is no question in my mind that there is a severe culture problem within this club.

Johnnyray

Johnnyray

I'm thinking of buying some toilet paper and sending Jim Doyle the receipt just to show him how shit we are ...

The problem is if I go ahead and do that what I am going to do then with 288 toilet rolls ?

Fuck it. If NZ Warriors at any time this season end up on bottom of ladder I am toilet papering Jim Doyle's house.

This isn't just an empty promise. I will do it ...

NZ Warriors. :(

• Haha