Rate the game.

• A+

• A

• B

• C-

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

WarriorBall

The lead at half time massively flattered us due to those two intercepts leading to basically three tries if you include the sinbinning. Penrith had the edge up front and both intercepts occurred when they were red hot on attack.

They played really well in the second half no penalties given away and only made the one error. We were out muscled badly which took our spine out of play. We have some massive shortcomings up front, but my main concern is the psychological damage this game could have caused for the rest of the season.

It's a loss but it was always a 50/50 game and wasn't a thrashing for our points differencial. Just a terrible way to lose but still not as bad as seeing Isaac John run riot and lose by 60 as we did a few years ago.

This is why I believe Kearney will be forced to make changes up front, unless he shakes this side up the mental scars will be there for the rest of the season.

Returning Ken to the wing to get more go forward would be a cop out, I really hope he's not contemplating that.

Reactions: 1 user
Sledge

Sledge

Shaun Johnson was trying to get maximum distance because we were camped in our own 40. Very hard to hit the sideline from where he was kicking and gain territory.

If he goes for the sideline from there we're giving them the ball 30-40m out and people are complaining about him not getting enough distance.

BUT, at least it would of slowed the game down, that's what they needed.

Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

Looking for whatever positives I can... we can no longer be accused of being a 60 minute team.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Gee lads, it's Monday morning and I'm still not over what happened Sat arvo.....

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Long post – can skip.

Had to try and not think about it over the weekend, didn’t watch or read anything NRL related just in case it brought on flashbacks. When the warriors do this, I find it impossible to engage with the rest of the comp, knowing your team are such soft mental midgets and the others aren’t.

You knew it was a chance of happening, probably most annoyed my TAB account isn’t up to date, so couldn’t put $20 on the panthers at half time. The signs were there.

As stated elsewhere, they were lucky to be up 22. Cleary throwing the same intercept twice is pretty outrageous, even Johnson would be askance at that decision making. Before the 2nd intercept you could feel a try coming and a 22-12 score would have been a fairer reflection.

In the scheme of things losing to a desperate team away from home can be passed off, but my god, the damage this loss could do. I thought they were showing some commitment this year, nope. Nothing’s changed. Now no lead is safe, and every 2nd half we will be subjected to terrors of this performance rearing its head.

Theory about the 2nd halves, the first half is a sign of coaching and preparation, get them up for the game, target certain things, have a whole week to drum it in, etc, etc. The 2nd half, its out of the coaches hands once the players start to tire. And they have been awful all year long. Foran dragged them over the line against the titans, but that was the exception.

Not sure even a roster clear out can disinfect what’s wrong with them, if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck who wasn’t subject to the 2nd half collapses of a couple of years ago can fall apart – anyone can.

Fairly furious with Johnson and Thompson waving players through their side. Experienced players, put your body in front of someone – too much to ask?

Arrgh. Not a lot of use looking for answers. I half thought if they got down the panthers end they could score, just never got down there once in 40 minutes – which is pretty incredible.

Sad. Pity they aren’t playing at Mt Smart this week – would have loved to see some sort of mass protest! But cos the games in Hamilton non Auckland fans will have made their arrangements and they’ll be a decent crowd. Not that these blokes deserve anyone giving over their time and money to them.

Roll on next week…

Reactions: 7 users
Big_Fattz

Big_Fattz

Maybe this is a good thing this has happened, especially earlier on in the season/sk's tenure. We all know that wasn't a oncer with the warriors and SK seeing it first hand should give him a fair idea on what/where these frailties are. Itl be interesting to see how he goes about this and how the the boys react

Jordan G

BUT, at least it would of slowed the game down, that's what they needed.

Wouldn't have made a difference IMO. No matter which way it goes, the Panthers are ending their sets on our try line and we're ending our sets inside our 40m.

ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
I was at work on Saturday, and finished just in time to get home for the second half. So that's all I saw. Simply rubbish. It was like I was watching all our main issues summarised and on steroids in one half of football. The main ones are:

- Zero mental fortitude
- Fuck all go forward from any of our forwards
- Inability to stop the opposition forwards from marching 60+ meters a set
- A halfback that simply does nothing anymore, a link man with a extremely poor kicking game
- An apparent lack of conditioning to last more than 40-50 mins
- Limp bench

This club is absolutely dire. I have never been more convinced that the Warriors will be liquidated before they ever come close to a premiership. The lack of ability is astounding. They remind me so much of the awful Australian Super Rugby sides, the problems run so deep that no amount of 'good recruiting' or other perceived fixes will make any meaningful change.

The saddest part is that neither myself or any of my friends really care that much anymore. In years gone by we would've been seething. Yet the response as it unfolded on Saturday was that we predominantly just laughed. Apathy has taken over and is here to stay.

Reactions: 12 users
Sebastian

Sebastian

It was the 55th try minute that did us in. We were defending pretty well up until that point but that combined with a super effort against the Roosters was just too much. Everything after the 55th minute was plugging holes. You had Roger Tuivasa-Sheck making errors. He was flawless the week before. Combined with being away from home and getting the usual amount of crowd reffing. Just a bridge too far. We had a chance to win early on but once Penrith hit 24 it was almost impossible. My hope stems from the fact the Roosters are a very good team as displayed yesterday. Give us a chance to recover and i hold hope. At least being serious nuisance value this season.

Sup42

Sup42

Avoided posting I've got nuthn.

Gotta laugh at the Radio sport staff cracking up at the Warriors just now.

Roger Tuivaasa Sheck is on the programme later.

Radio sport suggested starting the interview with....

"Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.....WTF.....LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
FAN

FAN

Have also avoided this site and posting. Had my parents around in the weekend to watch the game, first half we were all yelling,cheering, saying things like where has this team been, see see they can put points on, fuck Foran is the man !!!

Second half.................you could truly hear a pin drop in our house, but as the game went closer to the end there was a lot of WTF, followed by typical Warrior shit.

Anyway, like a fool i'll watch this weekends game, and come back on here and bitch like every other fucking year LOL, see you in a weeks time.

Reactions: 1 users
wallacenz

wallacenz

This quote from Roger Tuivasa-Sheck mirrors what people have been sayng on here

"I talked about the process but needed to be more direct on what the process looked like and how we were going to bring the team back into winning," he said.

If you watch the Shaun Johnson mic'd on Sterlo video he does the same thing, 'Chewy, process..'

Its meaningless

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

What in the fuck was that!!! Ive never seen a worse implosion before in my life from any team let alone the Warriors. 28-6 we were up at halftime. 28-6! How... what... why? This is by far and away the worst 2nd half in the clubs history.

The whole team need to see a shrink. Its all head related why they cake it in the 2nd half. Reminded me of the Raiders 2nd half where we blew possession over and over again.

To have 30 unanswered points scored against us when we were 22 points ahead is nothing short of a disgrace. Im seething right now. Absolutely pathetic. Man this team make it hard to follow them...

The tortoise (Penrith) vs the hare (dumb fucking us).

Do I need to explain the moral of this story in relation to that game?

brightman

brightman

The tortoise (Penrith) vs the hare (dumb fucking us).

Do I need to explain the moral of this story in relation to that game?
All this talk of implosion is beginning to be rather obtuse to the Panthers who since last season are a replica of the Warriors circa 2001-03.

We loved it when the Warriors blew the Doggies away with 3 converted tries in the final 5 minutes to snatch a draw from the jaws of defeat and that is just 1 example. Yes we(Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) handed them the game in the 2nd half but they are the dark horse who can win the premiership..

One other point too, I find it insulting that players/fans say with Mannering there it would be different. Have some respect and don't blame the guy who didn't play, rather, lead the way by acknowledging and being responsible for your own performance(Roger Tuivasa-Sheck)!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11856481

Last edited:
snake77

snake77

Anyway, like a fool i'll watch this weekends game, and come back on here and bitch like every other fucking year LOL, see you in a weeks time.
Look forward to hearing from you on Friday night when we are all ecstatic after a 40 point win, then a 3 game winning streak with some decent performances getting our hopes up before a game similar to the weekend which breaks our hearts and we repeat the process.:oops:

This was a game we could have got 2 points away from home. Unless we pick up some away wins soon we can forget finals football.

Swanley

Swanley

Actually you know what I will really miss - we are on the attack, 4th tackle and 10 to 15 metres from the opposition tryline, Lillyman takes a really solid hit up, bends the line at least 30cm and never looks like throwing an offload.
30cm? that's being generous...

Swanley

Swanley

We need a big, fuck off, forward pack. All the other teams have one, but not us. What the fuck is going wrong?
Well according Blocker in about the 3rd minute, we have a massive pack...maybe the past coaches listened to the commentators to much and believed them....

snake77

snake77

Well according Blocker in about the 3rd minute, we have a massive pack...maybe the past coaches listened to the commentators to much and believed them....
I missed that as I missed the first few minutes and then for some reason the sound stopped working on my Sky decoder. I thought he had stopped the big Warriors forward pack after the game earlier in the season when he said we were second biggest with only the Raiders being bigger only to be corrected by Andy Raymond later on in the same game.

He is the typical yell out clichés about the Warriors. They are tired hands on hips only for the next shot to show the opposition with their hands on knees heaving for a breath.

jonno

jonno

If our tiny forward pack is because our club is listening to the Aussie commentators saying "big warriors forwards" all the time then there truly is no hope for us.

I missed that as I missed the first few minutes and then for some reason the sound stopped working on my Sky decoder. I thought he had stopped the big Warriors forward pack after the game earlier in the season when he said we were second biggest with only the Raiders being bigger only to be corrected by Andy Raymond later on in the same game.

He is the typical yell out clichés about the Warriors. They are tired hands on hips only for the next shot to show the opposition with their hands on knees heaving for a breath.
Or when blocker was saying the Warriors kicking game is shocking, right before Cleary puts it out on the fool.