General NRL 2017 Round 1 Games Discussion

They shouldn't be playing round 1 especially on that field.;)

You can understand a guy being on there for a little while with a knee injury while the player and the staff are trying to see how bad it is. Some instance they probably get on there and straight away its obvious the guy needs to come off; others the player may run a bit and while they asses the situation.

Sure he scored and was still difficult to tackle which is a credit to his strength but he was a passenger out there and really should have been brought off.

Sucks for Souths. Interesting to see how they go especially on attack now.

Rabbitohs are in full on orgy of fuck right now without Inglis. I know that's my opinion but personally with him out you can put line through their season. That means NZ Warriors now need to make top eight out of possible fifteen teams. Fourteen if you include Newcastle which I won't as I've still got a bad feeling about tomorrow's game ... :(

Rabbitohs are in full on orgy of fuck right now without Inglis. I know that's my opinion but personally with him out you can put line through their season. That means NZ Warriors now need to make top eight out of possible fifteen teams. Fourteen if you include Newcastle which I won't as I've still got a bad feeling about tomorrow's game ...
We were in a similar situation last year with the Knights only winning one game and the Eels out of the running due to salary cap sanctions ruling them out.:(

This year will be different. Hopefully.

Reactions: Johnnyray and bruce
Souths losing Inglis is a situation familiar to us if we look back at 2014 when Johnson went down.

Hopefully we are in a better situation to handle a key player going down now.

We had to try and save our season coming into the finals rounds where we were in the top 8. Souths now have a further 25 rounds to work through.

Reactions: Johnnyray

Jordan G

I'm surprised people consider the Tigers beating the Bunnies an upset. Bunnies were horrible in 2016 and lost more quality than they gained (Farah lol).

Dragons with the big surprise though. Didn't see that coming.

bruce

Contributor
Penrith might be like us in 2012. All the hype after a good last year with good up and coming talent. It might just be that their young boys just aren't ready for prime time just like our young up and coming players weren't in 2012.
Yep, younger guys can still think they get points added from last season.
Dragons with the big surprise though. Didn't see that coming.
They have a monster prop on the prowl courtesy of the NSW prison system.

• Haha
Reactions: AlexM
Penrith might be like us in 2012. All the hype after a good last year with good up and coming talent. It might just be that their young boys just aren't ready for prime time just like our young up and coming players weren't in 2012.
Never saw that coming,.Anyone can beat anyone in this competition,but boy that was a hiding. Warriors,take note,you better be on your game.Newcastle will take a lot of confidence out of that St George effort and knowing how fragile we have been over the years,expect them to come out,all guns blazing

I watched the souffs tigers game and Souffs they look very very average. They will not make the 8. As to the Tigers, they play how I want us to play in the fowards, quick and direct, they looked good.

Thurston very lucky not to be sent to the bin then .... or maybe some players are just "protected"?
Most likely some players are protected. If the ref did consider making anything of it I wouldn't be surprised if he decided against it to avoid the argument with the superstar as he doesn't like to let decision against his side go. Then the reaction from the hometown crowd.

This game is definitely the best competition so far this opening round. Sure mistakes due to early season but both teams in the contest and it's a higher quality contest. The weather helps as well.

Every second week as the Cowboys play the Broncos next week I think and they have been delivering their last few clashes.

That was a hell of a last scoring play.

Reactions: Johnnyray