Team List NRL 2016 Round 9 - Warriors vs Dragons TEAM LIST

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

minute

01 Jan 1970 12:00 PM

Team Lists

Happy with the team named?

• Yes

• 50/50

• No

• Judge after the game

• WHO CARES JUST WIN!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dropping that many first graders takes balls, and sends a serious message out. Club will lose fans out of this, theres no doubt about that. Some fans have stated that they will follow Konrad to his new club if he does get released. There are others, who will support the club no matter what. Some support the players more than the club, thats fine. They can take their support for their players to other clubs reserve grade side.

The club should always be bigger than the players who are here.
Support the players more than the team. There is a Seinfeld joke about how pro teams have their player change so often that your really only supporting the jersey. Maybe that's why we keep changing them so often we haven't found the right jersey for the fans to support yet.;) Lame I know but I'd like to lighten things up a little bit as seeing the club your've supported for 20 years constantly under perform and players doing this is really heart breaking.

If supporters would rather support Hurrell and follow him to another club; that's fine my warning to that would be prepared to get frustrated with his new club when they start discipline him as well.

Now on that tweet from Hurrell it does come across as the out of favour guy politicking in the background due being unhappy due to being told by his boss he needs to do some hard work and outing his boss helps him get his position back.

Now seeing the influence he has had from senior guys and past coaches he probably thinks that's the way things work.

Reactions: OMG and bruce
Here's a thought the 6 from nsw reserve grade. Do they get together and make a pack to play hard and back each other and stick together or do they say yahoo we made it to first grade and slowly go backwards.

I watched the Titans vs Dragons game live.
Packer looked fat and unfit. Not too worried.

Packer played well that game, he was a standout, 154m and 25 tackles in 39mins is okayish for someone who looks fat and unfit. Our lads will be in trouble when he comes on.

Edit: And fuck me days that was too much reading, Im going to wait a little while before I bring out the character assissinating gun,

apart from Dumrad, what a fuckwit...

Reactions: Jay M
Has anyone considered the possibility that these senior players are correct in their lack of faith in Cappy, and have good motivations for staging this revolt? Also really sad to see Mt Welly gone, he's the no.1 reason myself and a lot of others lurk here. Please don't leave us mate, you're the only source on the club we trust.

Oh so, you mean whether it's ok and correct for these players to go on the drink until 3am and miss the team meeting after a huge loss?? because they are unhappy with the coach and want him sacked??

I don't think so.

I am also looking forward to this game now. Although, I do expect to see the same thing that always happens.
Senior player dropped for lack of professionalism.
New player comes in hoping to shine.
New guy drops the ball 3 times during the game.
Senior player gets recalled.
Senior player continues to get picked for rest of season knowing that his replacement might have the will, but not the ability.
The Warriors continue the same path.

I think we do need a team of Wrights

• Haha
Reactions: OMG
Hopefully the guys that are left in the side to play on Sunday are disappointed with their team mates and come out with a point to prove and show and least some of the playing staff are proud to represent the club.

We took a lot of criticism when we signed Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Luke. More so Roger Tuivasa-Sheck that we could ruin his career. Like others I got offended by that but I didn't think if I was wrong that it would only take one season.:banghead:

Hopefully the guys that have come in as replacements take this opportunity.

I've been wanting to post a big post for the last couple of days, but I wanted to read everyone's posts first. And now that I've finally caught up I'm almost speechless.

But lucky for all my three fans out there I'm not.

So here goes.

Manu has been a terrible player his whole career. Put his skills in Michael Jennings body and he'd be a shit reserve grade player struggling to get the call up from Fox. Physical talent is something you're born with, not something to be emulated. But fuck me what a talent tho a. Any player who looks up to Manu for advice is doing them self no favors IMO.

Konrad Hurrell is a muppet. Jim Henson would have loved having his hand up Konrads working parts. How he failed as a first grade player is the stuff of legend. 26 now and all I can say is look at how Blake Furgusons new club is traveling. Poison comes in many forms.

Mutts, I know I'm not supposed to call him that, but fuck it. He's the real disappointment for me. A really great player who just never got the guys around him that could have lead him to the top. Packer knew how to get Matulino beating the world. But now he's stuck with these morons. If he goes to another club I'll still follow him and hope he goes well.

The other guys will get the wet bus ticket treatment for sure.

One thing that I now believe is this. There is a core of players who want to kick ass for the club and they are finally getting the backing from the top that they deserve.

I'd like a new checklist for players at the club.

First question:

Do you want a premiership ring?

Answer yes. Move on to the next question. Answer no. Bye bye:).

Fuck these guys who just want to be rich and famous.

Part 2/////////
So cappy has finally shown us his balls. Or are they Doyles? We all knew he had them. But now we really know.

Cappy is getting the royal treatment from JD. No other coach in the NRL gets better service from their CEO. None has in the past, and probably none ever will again. What's Cappy going to do with this? Is he going to learn how to love his players the way JD does? Only time will tell.

And finally, JD. What a colossus. Drops Manu, Hurrell (who was already dropped, so he got double dropped (shove that on your twitter feed Ko-nads)) Mutts, Thompson and the other two. Amazing.

Times they are a changing.
Love this post.

Totally agree about mutts he is an amazng talent but he needs the right people around him to make it, last year he pushed himself and he won player of the year in a shit warriors team didnt he?

Manu .............. i think manu peaked in 2010 when he was killing it then again thats the era when ropo was feeding him great ball. Manu hasnt been the same since but he hasnt made an effort adjust or re-invent himself as a player, yes he's a genetic freak for a winger like you said if he didnt have the genetics he would never had made 1st grade based on his skillset.

Its time for a clean out, I thought when JD made some great signings that he had done it, he had fixed our problems but now we know this is the biggest test of his reign as ceo. He got rid of bell which we all knew was rubbish, he made some great signings on potential (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, luke) and experience (ayshford) the last step is to get rid of the cancerous senior players.

Players to be cut on unprofessionalism

Matulino
Vatuvei
Hurrell
Lisone
Thompson

Players to be cut because we need fresh faces, new blood and no remains of any bro culture and they're old.

Mannering
Hoffman
Vatuvei
Lilyman
Leuleuai
Gubb

I believe you do this over a 3 year period by releasing the cancers now to make a statement. Next year a few more cancers and a few old bloods and then the 3rd year the last of the old bloods during this whole time replacing the cancers with true professionals that can govern their own behaviour and wont fall into some bro culture shit in fact they will create a new culture. Replace the old bloods with 28year old vets who can grow into the senior leadership roles. By then youve got a fulll new team with no cancers to influence them, a new senior leadership core and some new talent and experience to take us to new heights.

Honestly, if these guys do have attitude issues do we really lose that much if Hurrell, Manu, Matulino, Lisone get let go?
Attitude is everything. Bad attitude means you go. Just look at the stars Alex Fergusson axed in their prime because they got too big for their boots. Mind you Cappy ain't no Alex Fergusson either.

Manu .............. i think manu peaked in 2010 when he was killing it then again thats the era when ropo was feeding him great ball.
The club has never seemed to sense when a player is past his best. They get rid of young talent easy enough. Manu should never have been offered a three year extension.
This guy is mentoring the juniors in Autex House FFS!!! Are they going to follow his rules now?
This guy is one of the best buys the club has made, I can't understand what he did.
I hope he can sort himself out. He is too good to lose.

Reactions: demco and Kalcod
Just a little bit of perspective on Manu.
Lots of people have been climbing into him and yes, of course, he shouldn't have been involved in this week's stuff.
But this week, and his performance on the field, are two different things.
People forget that, some years, he was effectively our only strike weapon. The high ball to Manu to dot down, or bat back for someone else to score, was our go-to tactic when we needed it. And passed the ball, with one or two to beat, there have been very few who could compare with Manu's ability to get to the line. Did he come in off his wing too often? Absolutely. But of all the people in the league you'd want to get the ball ten metres out when a try was essential, you'd have Manu top of the list, or near it.
Sure, I may have been wrong about Manu's effect on young players. I always thought he was part of the glue holding the team together, the guy with 10 consecutive seasons scoring 10 tries - never done before - and someone that the newbies would be in awe of and want to play their best for. That isn't looking so realistic right now, I know. But in the midst of this week's train wreck, let's also remember the good stuff he's done, over a long career with us.

Just a little bit of perspective on Manu.
Lots of people have been climbing into him and yes, of course, he shouldn't have been involved in this week's stuff.
But this week, and his performance on the field, are two different things.
People forget that, some years, he was effectively our only strike weapon. The high ball to Manu to dot down, or bat back for someone else to score, was our go-to tactic when we needed it. And passed the ball, with one or two to beat, there have been very few who could compare with Manu's ability to get to the line. Did he come in off his wing too often? Absolutely. But of all the people in the league you'd want to get the ball ten metres out when a try was essential, you'd have Manu top of the list, or near it.
Sure, I may have been wrong about Manu's effect on young players. I always thought he was part of the glue holding the team together, the guy with 10 consecutive seasons scoring 10 tries - never done before - and someone that the newbies would be in awe of and want to play their best for. That isn't looking so realistic right now, I know. But in the midst of this week's train wreck, let's also remember the good stuff he's done, over a long career with us.
Of course i think we all appreciate manu over the years and that he was as good as he was,
The club has never seemed to sense when a player is past his best. They get rid of young talent easy enough. Manu should never have been offered a three year extension.

This guy is mentoring the juniors in Autex House FFS!!! Are they going to follow his rules now?

This guy is one of the best buys the club has made, I can't understand what he did.

I hope he can sort himself out. He is too good to lose.
Thompson because he fucked up and to show that no one no matter how good is exempt from the rules,

No argument with his record. He is one of the best try scoring wingers in the NRL. However if he is a quasi leader of the bro culture he has to go, end of story.

100%.

Some of Manu fanboys need to stop living in the past and look to the future.

Manu had his time in the spot light. He needs to bow out gracefully while he still can.

Reactions: jonno
Just watched the midweek presser with Cappy saying that Tui's strain is only minor and he will only miss the one week.... Wonder if he is any chance of recovering for the weekend.

Reactions: Beastmode
Just watched the midweek presser with Cappy saying that Tui's strain is only minor and he will only miss the one week.... Wonder if he is any chance of recovering for the weekend.
wouldn't risk him this week

we needed a line drawn now we have it go forward or go else were.

Reactions: Off The Bench