Post Match NRL 2016 - Round 9 - Warriors vs Dragons Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute
By far sipley is alot fitter than what played out after his massive line break & bad intentions to pulverize there fullback...
  • First grade debut
  • Achieving his sporting dream
  • Crowd atmosphere
  • Playing for his famliy
  • Live tv etc
All this physical & mental stimulation creates so much adrenaline just dumping out into his system that it looks like he is unfit,which is not the case but is more the cause & effect from over stimulus as the player goes into shut down or gassing out from it all...

What a talent & force he is going to become but only if cappy unlocks his criptic use of the bench to expose him to the rigors of week in week out footy....

Reactions: 3 users
By far sipley is alot fitter than what played out after his massive line break & bad intentions to pulverize there fullback...
  • First grade debut
  • Achieving his sporting dream
  • Crowd atmosphere
  • Playing for his famliy
  • Live tv etc
All this physical & mental stimulation creates so much adrenaline just dumping out into his system that it looks like he is unfit,which is not the case but is more the cause & effect from over stimulus as the player goes into shut down or gassing out from it all...

What a talent & force he is going to become but only if cappy unlocks his criptic use of the bench to expose him to the rigors of week in week out footy....
Nice list.
The other effect all that fight flight stuff causes is your thinking narrows.

Tend to see a lot of noobs do inexplicable things on debut.

Reactions: 1 user
Sipley looked no worse then Lisone and Vete and no better either.
Palavi was often guilty of arm grabs on D. He was supported well by his teammates but he needs to put his body on the line on D.
Jazz did well but why was Shaun Johnson playing for extended periods at dummy half?
Allwood was pretty awful on D.
Lousi still doesn't realise he's a monster.
I'm proud the guys got the win but there's a reason their reserve graders.
We're lucky they were awful cause we gave up super soft tries and apart from the opposition little changed compared to Anzac Day.

Palavi was often guilty of arm grabs on D. He was supported well by his teammates but he needs to put his body on the line on D.

Your kidding, I just watched a replay of the game an Palavi hits solid and gets his man on his back for a slow play the ball, didn't see one arm grab from him all day ... Sipley towards the end of his spell was guilty of a few arm grabs but that's because he was gassed I think you may have mixed up the two players.

Reactions: 4 users

Jordan G

I'd like for Jazz to spell Luke off the bench and tell Luke to go full on for the first 30 minutes, bring Jazz on until the 60 minute mark, and then bring a fresh Luke back on. I don't want Luke pacing himself...Sipley needs to gradually get more game time, maybe some of Vete or Lisone's minutes.

It's the wings that are at issue. Wright goes back to the B team, Allwood keeps his position at wing along with ???, and the spine is Fuz, Lolo, Shaun Johnson, and Luke/Jazz.

I think Tevaga if he continues his form will be the key reason we won't mind letting TL go. Hooker who can also shift back to lock if we want to keep Luke out there and go a little more mobile.

Wing is an issue. I doubt the player would come, but with the Eels salary cap issues it would be nice to grab someone like Gordon for the rest of the year. Fullback/wing to cover Roger Tuivasa-Sheck' injury and Manu's absence, but more importantly, a reliable goalkicker.

It's the wings that are at issue. Wright goes back to the B team, Allwood keeps his position at wing along with ???
Just be glad John Ackland isn't the first grade coach.... I just had a vision of this playing out in the locker room.

Ackland handing Sipley the #5 jersey and saying, "Son, I've got a new position in mind for you....."

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
good to see players try for a change.

However it was error ridden in the 2nd half. We won't get away with that at Penrith.

I'm happy with the backline, but the forwards will need some re-jigging.

Club has released numbers from the game..
They weren't that bad were they?

upload_2016-5-5_16-24-51.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Love the energy and the work ethic they bought. Now it's time to get the right balance of finesse, execution, and hard graft for Penrith. #letsgonewarriors