General NRL 2016 Round 8 - General Discussion

Which TWO games are most looking forward to?

• Broncos vs Rabbitohs

• Bulldogs vs Titans

• Raiders vs Tigers

• Cowboys vs Eels

• Sharks vs Panthers

• Knights vs Manly

• Dragons vs Roosters

• Storm vs Warriors

Results are only viewable after voting.
jonno

jonno

How do you score more tries than a team who you can't score any tries against?

Bunnies got their work cut out for them...

Swanley

Swanley

Will Michael McGuire see the season out? Looking like it will be the Rabbitohs 5th loss in their last 6 games. Pressure will start mounting at some point.
I'd be surprised if he is the issue...It looks player related to me.

For starters:

GI - clearly playing injured - please pick him Mal...
Issac Luke - Left
Burgess(S) - came back, may have ruffled a few feathers.
McQueen - Left

The coach is safe for me....

Selector

I'd be surprised if he is the issue...It looks player related to me.

For starters:

GI - clearly playing injured - please pick him Mal...
Issac Luke - Left
Burgess(S) - came back, may have ruffled a few feathers.
McQueen - Left

The coach is safe for me....

The coach is always the fall guy when a team is underperforming. I honestly don't think McGuire will be at the Rabbitohs in 2017.

Selector

Another trip on Milford by Carter, whats up with this tripping?

The need to make it an automatic send off in my opinion. The penalties applied for tripping currently are weak and no deterrent at all.

Reactions: 1 users
Tedster

Tedster

Man, Alexanders voice sounds iike a poorly maintained chainsaw at best................................;)

Viking

Viking

The coach is always the fall guy when a team is underperforming. I honestly don't think McGuire will be at the Rabbitohs in 2017.

They're only 2 years removed from the premiership, their first in 43 years. They won't punt him yet but he might walk if they don't make the finals.

Blair making sure he won't be playing the ANZAC test. Bugger.

Reactions: 1 user
snake77

snake77

Well this is heating up. Keep bashing each other up boys.

Maxwell seems to be losing control. All he's good for is handing out warning of how harsh he could be only for another incident and a warning on how harsh he could be.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
interesting thing i have noticed in the stoppages of play in the bit just before Adam got done for the head clash. In both cases the trainer didnt wait for stoppage of play before running in and diving to the ground beside the affected player. In the first one he actually put himself into the play and forced the ref to blow the whistle. In the second it wasnt the ball carrier being that it was a late hit, but he was in the line with the rabbits and if play had come back would have been in the middle of it all again.

Some weeks ago we were all critical of the ref ignoring an injured warriors player is this a reaction to that, by forcing a break in play?

Danpatmac

i thought that was an extremely entertaining game... very enjoyable.

Sam Burgess is a shadow of his former self.

Reactions: 1 user
bruce

bruce

Contributor
His dad was "Lord" Ted Goodwin a Dragons star, in the days when the Dragons were real stars. Ted was Maori born in NZ. Actually come to think about it Ted might be the first Kiwi born player to ever play first grade in Sydney. Some trainspotter may be able to correct me. Bill Noonan from the Dogs was around the same time but I think Ted was the first.
Apologies all round to members of the trainspotters club.

Lord Ted is a Maori but was born in Australia and actually played for the Kangaroos. So he was not the first NZ born player to play in Sydney. Ted was born in Dapto so my guess is his father was a Kiwi shearer working over there.

In any case Bill Noonan, who was born in Canterbury, started in Sydney with the Bulldogs in 1970, two years before Lord Ted. So unless somebody corrects me Bill is the first Kiwi to play in Sydney.

Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

Looking forward to the Cowboys Eels game tonight, and Bullies Tits game is very close.

On a sad note, condolences to the Tongan community on here, the passing of Tongan legend Bill Sevesi is a sad blow hot on the heels of Prince passing. RIP