General NRL 2016 Round 6 - General Discussion

Which two games are you most looking forward to?

• Broncos vs Dragons

• Rabbitohs vs Roosters

• Eels vs Raiders

• Warriors vs Manly

• Panthers vs Cowboys

• Sharks vs Titans

• Knights vs Tigers

• Storm vs Bulldogs

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dixpat

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
We shouldn't read too much into the Dragons form

So far this year they have played - Sharks, South Sydney, Penrith, Cowboys and Broncos who apart from Penrith were in the top 8 last year

They have beaten Souths & Penrith and only lost to the Storm by 2

4 of their games have been away as will the next game - 5 out of 7 away from home is the type of draw usually reserved for the Worriers

The score last night in my view slightly flattered Broncos and they didn't lack for effort

With 10 of their last 17 games being at home they could come home with a wet sail

Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

Screen Shot 2016 04 08 at 53921 pm
Screen Shot 2016 04 08 at 53937 pm

Impressive Stats from Napa, but one man does not make a team and even though i dislike the Bunnies, I hope they dick the Rorters.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
How shit was that game for the Bunnies. Been awhile since I seen them so tired and clueless.

Dylan Napa played a blinder. Got a meat pies too. 19 hitups, 158m and 40 tackles. Some of those tackles though. Love the way teams plans turn to shit once opposition get scared to run through the middle. Roorters can thank Napa for that.

What about SKD's brainfart. Thats what always scares me about him playing for the Kiwis. He's good for at least one a game...

Reactions: 2 users

Jordan G

How shit was that game for the Bunnies. Been awhile since I seen them so tired and clueless.

Dylan Napa played a blinder. Got a meat pies too. 19 hitups, 158m and 40 tackles. Some of those tackles though. Love the way teams plans turn to shit once opposition get scared to run through the middle. Roorters can thank Napa for that.

What about SKD's brainfart. Thats what always scares me about him playing for the Kiwis. He's good for at least one a game...

Which one? I assume you mean the one that led directly to the try. Had another one that gave Souths the possession for their first try. He's been great for the first 5 weeks but had a shocker tonight.

Reactions: 1 user
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
40 points in 6 games is just awful from the Dragons. Although a few rounds ago, I was looking at their 8-6 win with jealousy.
Yeeaaahhh......how bout those trials eh....

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Hopefully TKO's injury isnt serious. One thing that kept him out of the Warriors was he had bad knees. Hate to see him go through that again...

surfin

surfin

I think everyone has forgotten that Packer was pretty rubbish for us in his last couple seasons here.. Aussie media is at the top of that list.

Yes he had on going calf issues, doesn't change the fact.

I was thinking the same thing, his attitude was the big problem, but I don't know if his skill set is that great even if the attitude is perfect.

diehard

Another question from a naive Warrior supporter? All will agree that Napa looked brilliant last nite. To me, it was all about effort. If he can bring that intensity and effort against the Rabbits, why can't he do it every game, barring injury? Why can't every one of the Warriors forwards do the same thing???

CompletionRate

CompletionRate

After watching Packer play last night I don't miss him as I thought I would. Certainly Matulino and Lillybob are way ahead and even Vete is close if not better.
He does very well in the opening stint but when he gets subbed back on late in the game he'll do a hitup and go missing for the next two sets.

Weno

Weno

Abraham Papalii had a bit of impact on debut.
good to see him out there.

InsideBall

InsideBall

Abraham Papalii had a bit of impact on debut.
good to see him out there.

I was just thinking about this kid the other day. I remember when he left, it seemed like he thought he was going to get FG straight away, and then he virtually disappeared. Wonder if his training habits have improved?...

6 Again

I was just thinking about this kid the other day. I remember when he left, it seemed like he thought he was going to get FG straight away, and then he virtually disappeared. Wonder if his training habits have improved?...

500929.png
Abraham Papali

4 runs
63 meters
1 line break

Not bad for 10 minutes work.

Defence

Defence

Interesting story this one is. I wonder who the player is?

"THE Broncos have been embroiled in a locker room scandal over a plot to identify a rat within the playing ranks.

Despite being denied by the club the story reported players had to be separated after a heated confrontation before a training session prior to their round six win over the Dragons.

Senior Broncos players are alleged to have told three players including the main suspect different versions of a news story before waiting to see which version was reported in the media.

The plot worked according to Triple M Brisbane ‘Marto and Ed Kavalee for Breakfast’ host and former Wallaby great Greg Martin.

“One of the stories was about Gillett going to St George. And when it appeared, bang, they knew who leaked it,” Martin told Triple M.

Martin said that the leak resulted in players posting a picture of a rat on the suspect’s locker which resulted in a scuffle between players.

“A scuffle ensued between the player with the rat that was placed there and the player that he thought had placed it there.

Martin believes the rat hunt is the main reason the club produced a below par performance against the Dragons, despite cruising to a 26-0 victory.

Despite the Broncos denials Martin said there was pushing and shoving between players.

“Yes, he is being shopped around by his manager, but not to St George. That was a plant to discover something.

“There’s a bit of trouble in the ranks at the Broncos. There’s a leak. There’s been far too many stories.”

Heard it was McGuire and the player he punched on with was hunt.
Aparently maguires big mouth played a part in hunt getting stood down for origin this year ( along with Napa and a couple of others).

surfin

surfin

Sio Suia Taukeiaho

TauKeiahO...

How fucking annoying is the Aussie commentators trying to say his name, started with Ray Warren saying it like it's four words, the Fox commentators just as bad, was something like See Ya Toe Kay Ahh Ho, last night. Maybe the dumb fucks should stick with saying #12.

• Haha
fanrrior

fanrrior

Takairangi looks a lot better in the centers with an off-season under his belt. Until this year he always seemed to me a stop-gap solution for whatever injury the Eels/Titans faced. Now he actually looks like he belongs there.