Team List NRL 2016 Round 5 - Roosters vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 29, 2014
I full expect this to happen as well, but with a caveat - it will only be temporary. If TL can stay fit, he'll take Robson's spot and within four rounds, I expect Tevanga to reclaim his spot on the bench.
I hope so as Tevanga has been a ray of light in up until now quite a dull start to the season. The boy looks good n sharp.:headphone:

t-wade23

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 7, 2012
Can't believe Mannering has played 240 games feels like yesterday when he debut against the Broncs in the heritage jersey playing center with Manu.

Anyway team as expected since they won hopefully they can match up with the roosters in the forwards that's where the game will be decided even with JWH and Cordner out still got some handy players still there.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Hoffman was outstanding in the weekend. If he plays like that every week he will be close to the first name on my team list every week.

Tbh i would've like to have seen him give Kata a lot more early ball rather than tuck ball under the arm and die with it. I mean he took the yards on offer, so fair enough (although those yards would've been made if he moved it on as well the way the defence was holding back, plus given Kata an oppertunity with space in front of him...and we know what a daunting prospect that can be).
Even the try to Manu i dont know why he gave it to Robbo on the wrap around instead of just shifting it. Early ball early try in that instance.

Pete

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 3, 2012
Grubb makes about 50 metres a game which isn't great on attack. All be it from limited numbers. If available we need people to get us up the field and gain more metres. Gubbs tackles look impressive due to the kamikaze hatchet style but NRL stats have him as 27 tackles made and 4 missed in his total game time. His metres being 84 in total. Gavet has 57 tackles made and 2 missed with 228 metres gained. Manuring and Thompson have 181 tackles/5 misses and 127 tackles/1 miss respectively. If we want a tacklebot then we should look for another busy worker on the field such as Mannering. The prop has to give us go forward and Gubbs own tackle numbers overall aren't great and his miss tackle ratio is up there with the worst.

Reactions: nzw and Defence

Freddie Futler

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 10, 2013
Tauranga
Grubb makes about 50 metres a game which isn't great on attack. All be it from limited numbers. If available we need people to get us up the field and gain more metres. Gubbs tackles look impressive due to the kamikaze hatchet style but NRL stats have him as 27 tackles made and 4 missed in his total game time. His metres being 84 in total. Gavet has 57 tackles made and 2 missed with 228 metres gained. Manuring and Thompson have 181 tackles/5 misses and 127 tackles/1 miss respectively. If we want a tacklebot then we should look for another busy worker on the field such as Mannering. The prop has to give us go forward and Gubbs own tackle numbers overall aren't great and his miss tackle ratio is up there with the worst.
Hey Bro, can't say that I disagree with any of your thoughts but, you just have to be at the game to hear the crowd react to his plays.
Ignites the crowd and ignites the team.

Or as Monty Python says "Throw in another Christian"

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Hey Bro, can't say that I disagree with any of your thoughts but, you just have to be at the game to hear the crowd react to his plays.
Ignites the crowd and ignites the team.

Or as Monty Python says "Throw in another Christian"

Or 'He's not the Messiah, he just a naughty naughty boy".

If he gets dropped I can see the 'Bring back Gubb' signs.

• Haha
Reactions: Freddie Futler

6 Again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 29, 2015
Kata vs Ferguson and RTS vs his old side are the two curious ones for me outside of the obvious pack vs pack that we generally struggle to win against the Roosters.

Your obviously making reference to how Kata was dominated by Ferguson last time they met. This will be the litmus test for Sol and I have every confidence he'll balance the ledger based on his current form.

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 21, 2012
On the Jazz Tevaga discussion... you know, this bloke wasn't recruited into the NYC team until he came along to a trial, and staked his claim. In NYC he was a kid who had the odd flaw, usually it was because he was trying too hard. But in general, he was a fiesty little bugger, and he was extremely effective through sheer tenacity and workrate rather than outrageous skill. From what I understand, Jazz is a bloke who regularly does "extras". This kid can make it, simply because he wants it badly. I'm sure being around Issac Luke will help him immensely.

The other thing to consider, Jazz is equally effective as a lock carting the ball forward.

He'll never win rookie of the year, but he can be a guy who will go into the trenches for you and work his backside off to make the highlight blokes on the edge look very good. He'll do the 1%ers game in game out. And he'll keep trying to make himself better.

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 21, 2012
My missus used to love Hitro. He was awesome. And the Gubster is in the same mould.

I used to go for Manly back in the day, simply because they had the Iros, Darrell Williams and Matthew Ridge. Then I saw Hitro in the Lion Red Cup, and frankly my focus went from the NSWRL to the Lion Red Cup. I used to love Hitro playing at hooker back in the day - hair flying everywhere, man he was a beast.

Reactions: Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 10, 2013
Tauranga
On the Jazz Tevaga discussion... you know, this bloke wasn't recruited into the NYC team until he came along to a trial, and staked his claim. In NYC he was a kid who had the odd flaw, usually it was because he was trying too hard. But in general, he was a fiesty little bugger, and he was extremely effective through sheer tenacity and workrate rather than outrageous skill. From what I understand, Jazz is a bloke who regularly does "extras". This kid can make it, simply because he wants it badly. I'm sure being around Issac Luke will help him immensely.

The other thing to consider, Jazz is equally effective as a lock carting the ball forward.

He'll never win rookie of the year, but he can be a guy who will go into the trenches for you and work his backside off to make the highlight blokes on the edge look very good. He'll do the 1%ers game in game out. And he'll keep trying to make himself better.
Seems like a great Kid, came over to the members tent after the game and thanked all his supporters. Sincerely hope he makes it.

Lowwmax

Waterboy
Mar 23, 2016
Agree with your points. But stats don't tell the full story. He makes players around him better and opposite teams look twice before running the ball up/ avoid running at Gubb. We have enough backs who run like props. Strong defence is needed. Which Gubb and Gavet both provide.

Freddie Futler

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 10, 2013
Tauranga
Agree with your points. But stats don't tell the full story. He makes players around him better and opposite teams look twice before running the ball up/ avoid running at Gubb. We have enough backs who run like props. Strong defence is needed. Which Gubb and Gavet both provide.
Welcome to the forum LM and a great post. Live at the game is way different to the Box. Tell it like it is bro.

Edit Lomax was an awesome player.

Last edited:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Not much of a surprise team naming seeing as we played yesterday. Hopefully they are looking at keeping things stable unless someone comes back from injury.

At the moment though the main one I'd want to rush back into the team would be Boden Thompson especially on form this year.

Also congratulations to big Jacob Lillyman for the milestone game. Like a lot of Warriors and guys we recruit he has taken a lot of stick over the years. I remember he started here with a few injury worries and seeing articles criticising him when he first arrived. But with the issues we have had recruiting good Australians over here it's good to see one here for a long stint. He came over here as an Origin rep and has managed to continue to play Origin while here even moving from the backrow to being a front rower.

Reactions: gREVUS

Freddie Futler

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 10, 2013
Tauranga
At the moment though the main one I'd want to rush back into the team would be Boden Thompson especially on form this year.
Agree he has been outstanding but would like to see him fully recovered rather than rush him back in. His injury looked bad)

Also congratulations to big Jacob Lillyman for the milestone game. Like a lot of Warriors and guys we recruit he has taken a lot of stick over the years. I remember he started here with a few injury worries and seeing articles criticising him when he first arrived. But with the issues we have had recruiting good Australians over here it's good to see one here for a long stint. He came over here as an Origin rep and has managed to continue to play Origin while here even moving from the backrow to being a front rower.
Love your common sense.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Love your common sense.
Well the temperature is currently good for posting and it's not past my bedtime. So like the Warriors it's the perfect conditions for me to do my best work.;)

On the rushed backed for Thompson; yeah I probably didn't word that too well. If he's recovered he's the one I'd bring straight back into the side.

Last edited:

Perth warrior

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 26, 2014
Perth
Hoffman was outstanding in the weekend. If he plays like that every week he will be close to the first name on my team list every week.
He was good but when you watch the game again (i did) there were times when he crashed the ball with Kata having possible space on the outside. That is my only negative. Very petty.

Reactions: frankspence

Jordan G

This is a perfect example of why numbers simply aren't a good gauge for what a player contributes. Gubb lifts the team around him, and while I love watching guys like Lisone, Vete, gavet charge at 100 miles an hour you can see there's more to Gubb's game (there's more to the other games too, they don't always resort to that though). His tip on pass to matulino, his constant seek and destroy. it's no surprise that after Vete put on a big hit Gubb came charging out to do likewise.

Occasionally his style will mean he misses, but when he hits he really hits and that's what makes players take notice and lose focus the next time they have the ball and see him coming. Guys like Lillyman, Mannering etc, they don't miss, they clean up beautifully and once they've got you in their grip they rarely let go, but they wouldn't make players flinch when they're charging in for a tackle like a Gubb, Vete or Matulino could.

Need a combination of both IMO and on yesterday we had a great balance. Curious to see how it goes against a more intimidating pack like the Roosters.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings