• Yes

• Its OK

• No

• WTF!

• Who cares? Just win!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Gavet is an bummer proberly been one of the better forwards in the first three games didn't really see anything from Vete or Gubb to justify them being ahead of Gavet but there will be plenty of chances down the road.

Interesting to see how Konrad is used I remember last year in Townsville he had an similar role where he came on late in halfs and was an absolute terror aganist tiring players but also his Defense was suspect as well be interesting to see how Cappy uses him

The bench is just weird.

Remember when we named Wright on the bench and we had to reshuffle our whole team to put Le Chad at hooker, Lolohea to standoff and Wright at fullback.

That worked well.

Last edited:
No Garvet? Odd. Injured?
We've all heard Sam Lisone is highly regarded (as he should be) so he slots straight back in.

Hurrell's inclusion is to indirectly accommodate our lack of a bench hooker to spell Jazz.

Meaning it's between Vete, Gubb and Gavet for the final 2 spots. Vete gets in as we need a true powerhouse Prop off the pine.

Therefore Gubb edges out Gavet this week - and by the way he was chopping fools in half last week like an axe, you can't really fault Cappy's rationale for (unfortunately) leaving out Gavet.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Jazz to play 80? Bullshit.

Honestly, this is the most annoyed I've been with a team named this season.

And please don't tell me James is injured... Or rather, do tell me, because if he's been dropped, I might jump on the sack Cappy bandwagon.

Konnie to the bench? What for?

Stoked Sams back, though.

Shit team.

He won't play 80, if konrads there, a back will spell tevaga.

Unless someone goes off injured which happens to us every week seems like.

But which back? Robsons the only one whose done it before, so logically cappy will probably have Lolohea or kata do it, he once played Kevin Locke as a bench hooker.

Gavet throws his body around something fierce, and we have lots of front rowers to choose from, if he's a bit banged up don't have a problem with him being rotated out.

Jordan G

We looked our most dominant when Gubb was on the field combining in defense with Mannering. No issue with that selection.

Lisone I rate. He's got aggression and genuine ball skills which we need more of.

Vete/Gavet is the question mark. Gavet showed a lot of aggression, but at the same time he did have a very poor start to the second half. 20 odd minutes with 2 errors and a penalty is too much. Vete needs to step up though.

Hurrell on the bench. To do what exactly? Seems very odd to reshuffle an entire backline to accomodate Hurrell and there's no way we're going to play him at hooker. I'm starting to think along the same line as others who think a late change will see Robson move to bench/hooker.

Reactions: ramps

tajhay

🏉
Im relatively happy with this team with the only sticking point being Gavet's exclusion. I would say him losing his spot probably to Gubb/Vete is probably due to a horses for courses strategy that the team is employing against the Knights.

Please for fucks sake lets get the monkey off our back and get a win.

He won't play 80, if konrads there, a back will spell tevaga.

Unless someone goes off injured which happens to us every week seems like.

But which back? Robsons the only one whose done it before, so logically cappy will probably have Lolohea or kata do it, he once played Kevin Locke as a bench hooker.

Gavet throws his body around something fierce, and we have lots of front rowers to choose from, if he's a bit banged up don't have a problem with him being rotated out.

I mean, I know he won't play 80, which is the entirety of the stupidity of that team selection, because it means we're going to have to completely alter our (already flimsy as hell) team structures to accommodate Konnie and rest Jazz... Idiotic.

Reactions: Sup42 and Jay M
Watched the video, Morgan just said the team performed reasonably well.in the last few weeks.................................

tajhay

🏉
Gavet is averaging under 7 metres per hitup in his last two games - in my opinion that's unacceptable for an impact forward. In addition he had errors in his game and put the team under pressure. Doesn't deserve a place ahead of those picked for round 4.
Agree. However he is also averaging 2.25 metres for every minute he is on the field. Gubb for example averages 1m per minute.

sooooo hurrell comes on as a replacement hooker?
or does robson go to hooker tui to 7 and hurrell to wing?

maybe hurrell is just injury cover in case someone goes down. he can slot in the backs or props????

tajhay

🏉
Watched the video, Morgan just said the team performed reasonably well.in the last few weeks.................................
It is a fair statement. OK we havent played as we might have expected, but we have been close to beating the Broncos and Storm, some of the stronger teams in the comp. Combinations take a while to gel, and i understand how they want to persevere with that. What else can they do? Throw everything they have been doing in the offseason and restructure everything? I found he spoke well, and in theory his 'we are close' is actually to the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.