• Yes

• Its OK

• No

• WTF!

• Who cares? Just win!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be inclined to bring in Hingano. Thought he went well again against the Jets. Looks to be one of those rare players that seem to have a lot of time. Couple of plays he did showed he is a thinker (one kick to an unmarked winger in particular) Defence average but that's nothing new in FG. Might be another bolter like Jazz. Robson can go to the bench as rake back up if Roache is out.

Reactions: 5 users
Robbo. Do it cappy, if we jag a win with lolohea in the halves he will get some positive media spin for once.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. I'd rather have him in the middle third with Mannering anyway after what I've seen from him defensively in the first 3 rounds.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
I think you've hit the nail on the head here. I'd rather have him in the middle third with Mannering anyway after what I've seen from him defensively in the first 3 rounds.

Yeah, I doubt Lolohea will suddenly start our attack going, but he can at least move sideways in defence. Robbo doesn’t lack courage when they charge straight at him, he’s just soooo slow to move.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I'd be inclined to bring in Hingano. Thought he went well again against the Jets. Looks to be one of those rare players that seem to have a lot of time. Couple of plays he did showed he is a thinker (one kick to an unmarked winger in particular) Defence average but that's nothing new in FG. Might be another bolter like Jazz. Robson can go to the bench as rake back up if Roache is out.

Hingano could mentor Johnson on how to manage a game.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
This post may get moved to another thread, but serious question here, can someone list some positives to having Lolohea at 6? I've never been a fan of it. I know he played there in the u20's but as we know, the Warriors nyc team is a bit of a free for all. Did he play many games in reserves at 6? I didn't follow the nsw cup side too closely in 2014. I think he's a decent player, but I have issues with him. His defence is average (to be expected from a junior ( Which in itself is fucked tbh), he tends to dance around on the spot a lot of the time or run sideways, has thrown his fair share of poor/hospital passes, has a fairly similar way of playing to Shaun Johnson (do we really want 2 of them?) and to me, just seems very casual at times. It seems the club went with Robson to try and get a Maloney-esque player back in the halves (obviously he isn't as good), but most people seem to think Shaun Johnson can play his best footy with a steady hand patterning him. I tend to agree. I'm probably being too picky but I've always been that guy who likes the contrast of a steady hand and the flash guy in the halves, not two flash dudes. Thoughts? Just my opinion, so no hate y'all

Reactions: 2 users
This post may get moved to another thread, but serious question here, can someone list some positives to having Lolohea at 6? I've never been a fan of it. I know he played there in the u20's but as we know, the Warriors nyc team is a bit of a free for all. Did he play many games in reserves at 6? I didn't follow the nsw cup side too closely in 2014. I think he's a decent player, but I have issues with him. His defence is average (to be expected from a junior ( Which in itself is fucked tbh), he tends to dance around on the spot a lot of the time or run sideways, has thrown his fair share of poor/hospital passes, has a fairly similar way of playing to Shaun Johnson (do we really want 2 of them?) and to me, just seems very casual at times. It seems the club went with Robson to try and get a Maloney-esque player back in the halves (obviously he isn't as good), but most people seem to think Shaun Johnson can play his best footy with a steady hand patterning him. I tend to agree. I'm probably being too picky but I've always been that guy who likes the contrast of a steady hand and the flash guy in the halves, not two flash dudes. Thoughts? Just my opinion, so no hate y'all
That's what Tommy Lu is for.

Robbo. Do it cappy, if we jag a win with lolohea in the halves he will get some positive media spin for once.
A better coach would've pulled the trigger after Roache and Tevaga were forced off against these Storm, an even greater example of the coach's inexperience is not using a quality seasoned international halfback (Tomkins) after Shaun Johnson went down (2015) but shifting the rookie (Tui) who was going well at fullback and throwing the burden on him?! Bonkers!

Reactions: 4 users
Henare Wells round 4? If he's ready then give him the left wing, can't be any worse then Wright.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Vodafone Warriors v Newcastle Knights
Mount Smart Stadium
4.00pm, Monday, March 28

1 Roger TUIVASA-SHECK
2 Tuimoala LOLOHEA
3 Blake AYSHFORD
4 Solomone KATA
5 Jonathan WRIGHT
6 Shaun JOHNSON
7 Jeff ROBSON
8 Jacob LILLYMAN
9 Jazz TEVAGA
10 Ben MATULINO
11 Bodene THOMPSON
12 Ryan HOFFMAN (c)
13 Simon MANNERING

Interchange
14 Charlie GUBB
15 Sam LISONE
16 Konrad HURRELL
17 Albert VETE

Im guessing Koni will move into centres, Tui to 6, Robbo to Hooker to give Tevaga a rest. But who knows, Bully will probably start and Koni drops off the bench lol

Jazz to play 80? Bullshit.

Honestly, this is the most annoyed I've been with a team named this season.

And please don't tell me James is injured... Or rather, do tell me, because if he's been dropped, I might jump on the sack Cappy bandwagon.

Konnie to the bench? What for?

Stoked Sams back, though.

Shit team.

Reactions: 8 users
Is this a classic Cappy mindfuck team selection??

I'm calling Late Mail on the day:

2. Ayshford
3 .Hurrell

7. Lolohea

14. Robson (bench hooker)

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.