• No

• No

• No

• No

• Too soon :(

Results are only viewable after voting.
brightman

brightman

Well, folks, the unbeaten run starts this weekend. You just watch, Cappy will have the boys firing and we will not lose another NRL game between now and 1 March. So all a you anti-Cappy folk can stick that in your damn pipe and smoke it.

I make no statement about pre-season games, but as for the NRL, we'll be unbeatable.
Hah, Cappy is probably beating himself with a comb right now, bald prick..

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
imallrin

imallrin

If we can't get a top coach then happy for Cappy to stay but he needs his hand held (Kidwell would just be a disaster) no more stupid benches, silly selections where he shifts someone from their best position and puts someone in their worst position e.g. LoLo and Fusi.

1. Manu
2. Lillyman
3. Matalino

These three have to go, Matalino has just been a disgrace this year, Manu should have retired years ago, Lillyman just cashing cheques, they are the remaining poison.

It simply isn't just the coach or just the 3 players above, this whole club is a fuckup, the culture is shot. Even sky is like a old boys club and they are all up each other's ass, it's just a big brotherhood of total losers.

Need a huge offseason, fuck the nines, put in second string players, come round 1 it's like a GF for us, we have to win, we can't start like the previous 5 years, win at all odds, a major sub effort game from any individual is contract ripped up in round 1, how hard should it be to be totally fired up for round 1, I just don't get it, play our top starting line up in all the trial games, build up
Combinations early, risk the injuries to get the season started on the right note.

But the 3 players I mentioned above have to go, Shaun Johnson also has to be put on notice, he knows how to talk shit to the media but he has been crap, if he thinks he is close to a Thurston he has his head further up his ass than DCE.

Anyway enjoyed the banter on here, real good posts from everyone, I'm
Checking out until next year, so peace to everyone

Reactions: 12 users

warriorsfan92

Manu is in the leadership group, 4 errors. Isaac, 2 errors. Matulino ran for 7 hitups, 61 meters, Shaun Johnson 5 hitups, 24 meters, and 6 missed tackles. This statistics are very damning and reinforce our clubs acceptance of mediocrity. Shaun Johnson is the face of our club, and known for his running game, yet he makes 5 hitups in 80 minutes of football? Matulino is the leader of our pack and makes 7 hitups? Manu missing 2 tackles, 4 errors from one of our senior plays sets this precedence to the younger players that this is ok, that these sorts of performances are fine and not to worry, this truly worries me.

Matt Elliots interview was very telling, players are not holding one another accountable. The coach may be, but one of his quotes was the coach shouldn't have to, players should be held accountable by their peers, told when they are under-performing. It's not rude, its about breeding a successful culture, and telling someone to pull their finger out if they need to, otherwise this mediocrity spreads like wildfire.

Players are coming through our 20s system thinking they're the shit, they've carved up high school footy, come to 20s and think they've made it earning $20000 a year, and thinking "Mean, got a contract with the Warriors!", and to be fair this mentality has stuck with a number of our senior players. The changes need to be made internally, Foran won't change it, fuck even Cameron smith wouldn't change it. Players need to know they're not as good as they think they are, stop taking things so personally and need to be told a spade when it's a spade. "Bro, you played pretty shit out there today, not going to lie. 4 errors, you put us on the back-foot coming out of our red too often, sort your shit cos the boys are getting fucked off"..

A change in coach may help, personally i don't think it will, these issues are ingrained in that black jersey, it lies within our culture and it needs to change because i've had a gutsful. Every preseason they talk about the potential of this club, and we never reach it. Maybe this word potential is a farce, maybe the SJs and Tui loloheas aren't as good as we/they think they are, and the need a reality check. Until i see consistent performances from our leadership group, these issues will continue. Until they walk the talk, nothing will change.

Reactions: 11 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
The only positive from tonight. The poor fans who bothered to show up...

160904WarriorsvEels 18

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
InsideBall

InsideBall

Haha... what a fuck up.

I woke up this morning, pondering whether I should just look at the score first, or watch the replay not knowing the result. Glad I chose the latter.

Seriously - if that is playing with "spirit", then this club needs a new soul.

That backline? Is it the worst back line we've ever put out? It's a fucking embarresment, and a joke.

Oh well, fuck it.

Make your calls, JD - otherwise, NOTHING will change.

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Matt Elliots interview was very telling, players are not holding one another accountable. The coach may be, but one of his quotes was the coach shouldn't have to, players should be held accountable by their peers, told when they are under-performing. It's not rude, its about breeding a successful culture, and telling someone to pull their finger out if they need to, otherwise this mediocrity spreads like wildfire.

Players are coming through our 20s system thinking they're the shit, they've carved up high school footy, come to 20s and think they've made it earning $20000 a year, and thinking "Mean, got a contract with the Warriors!", and to be fair this mentality has stuck with a number of our senior players. The changes need to be made internally, Foran won't change it, fuck even Cameron smith wouldn't change it. Players need to know they're not as good as they think they are, stop taking things so personally and need to be told a spade when it's a spade. "Bro, you played pretty shit out there today, not going to lie. 4 errors, you put us on the back-foot coming out of our red too often, sort your shit cos the boys are getting fucked off"..

This is exactly why we need Foran this is why the club persisted with T, L senior
We need players who will hold their team mates accountable , Foran has this kind of
Personality, , Hopefully Him, Shaun Johnson an Mannering Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Luke can get the rest of the boys to
Buy in ,, An who ever is coach empowers them to achieve this,

Billy Teets James

Ok, This is nothing to do with what needs to be done. You've all pretty much summed it up.

I just want to speak on the hit Semi put on Maumalo. Like no mother fucker saw it??!! Lol. Blatant shoulde charge, Ken points to the touch judge and mentions it. And the cameltoe of a cu*t touch judge does nothing?
Meanwhile, Space cadet Halligan and his side bitch never mention it once.
I was already over the game by then. That was just the andre the giant finger up the poo hole for me.

Ok we got thrashed.........But fuck the refs.

Phew! Feel better. See ya next year team!

• Haha
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Ok, This is nothing to do with what needs to be done. You've all pretty much summed it up.

I just want to speak on the hit Semi put on Maumalo. Like no mother fucker saw it??!! Lol. Blatant shoulde charge, Ken points to the touch judge and mentions it. And the cameltoe of a cu*t touch judge does nothing?
Meanwhile, Space cadet Halligan and his side bitch never mention it once.
I was already over the game by then. That was just the andre the giant finger up the poo hole for me.

Ok we got thrashed.........But fuck the refs.

Phew! Feel better. See ya next year team!
It's fucking bs. Was it Ennis yesterday with a late shoulder charge, judiciary let him off completely. While our boys get 2-3 weeks for legit tackles.

Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon

Mental weakness is are problem and can't see it changing next year.

Reactions: 1 user
surfin

surfin

That is pure gold and has rescued the whole season for me.
Excuse me while I race away to renew my season family pass, because you know if you're not fast you're last, it's the quick and the dead, the early bird catches the worm, a rolling stone gathers no moss, a day late and a dollar short, catch me if you can I'm the gingerbread man... :rolleyes:

All your quotes are very true, but lets not forget, what happens to the early worm, we my friend are the worm.

• Haha
Sledge

Sledge

Just got back from the game.

The rain that pissed down while we were having the members photo summed it up beautifully. At least it masked the tears :drowning:.

Probably the only game Ive watched somewhat sober all season. What I witnessed was just as depressing as it was telling.

The opening exchange that saw us go up 12 nil the team were on fire. All the stats were well and truly in our favour but what the stats wont show was the optimism the team were playing with. They were playing the plan and loving it.

Fast forward 5 minutes to Tuimoala Lolohea's error that resulted in the Issac De Gois' try and instantly the boys are heads down. Even though we were a converted try up it was as if the team knew what was coming. Dont think Ive ever seen anything quite like it. One bad result after only 15 minutes had passed and the team, mentally, were defeated. They never looked to dominate the game again from that point on.

Once De Gois got his double the panic set in. The flow and rhythm that had seen us score two fantastic team tries was replaced by indecision and mistrust. Players were no longer committing the line or hitting holes at pace. The flair gave way to fear. Fear of making a mistake, over running, over committing and being in the wrong spot. you could honestly see that fear in the players eyes. You could sense that they were directionless. When I was in the members tent at the North Stand and the players were under the sticks there was no rallying. No communication. It looked like they were just accepting their predetermined fate.

Was sad to see.

Another thing that stood out like a sore thumb was just how little Ben Matulino did. No support play, no decoys, no real purpose in his runs. The effort he put into his hit ups smacked of self preservation.

Also Shaun Johnson needs a kick up the arse. His defence is nothing short of effeminate to use a term that doesnt fall foul of the forums rules. The way he jumps back just before impact or steps to the side to avoid the impact altogether is straight bullshit. How anyone else can be expected to put their bodies on the line when your star marquee doesnt is beyond me. Such a shame to see that after all these years Princess is still a Princess.

Tui was horrible. Why was he swapped over for David Fusitua? After Cappy admitted that Fusitua was a better fullback why would he then swap him out for our 'long-term five eighth'? Just another example of Cappy over thinking the simple game.

Happy the shame of this season is finally over. Went to the members photo and pulled the bird. My subtle fuck you to the season.

Looking forward to the season review whitewash and the hardest preseason ever...

That has been Matulino all season for me, just can't be f'ed

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
imallrin

imallrin

It's fucking bs. Was it Ennis yesterday with a late shoulder charge, judiciary let him off completely. While our boys get 2-3 weeks for legit tackles.
Jack Wighton also had a brain explosion, we are without Kata this week when those two have blatant shoulder charges and Wighton has to get off if Ennis the grub did. Still the Warriors need to expect the tough calls and fire up on the field when they happen, don't drop heads, it's never going to change so either deal with it or fuck off to an Aussie club, this club is mentally weak and its pathetic, doing what they love, getting paid big bucks that they would never get in a real job (assume the numbers on their backs are double their IQ) and still they act like the little step brother that takes the bullying day in and day out from his older brother, pick up a bat and knock the brother out, chances are he will think twice about doing it again, they just lie down and accept the beating, pack of weak losers.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Just got back from the game.

The rain that pissed down while we were having the members photo summed it up beautifully. At least it masked the tears :drowning:.

Probably the only game Ive watched somewhat sober all season. What I witnessed was just as depressing as it was telling.

The opening exchange that saw us go up 12 nil the team were on fire. All the stats were well and truly in our favour but what the stats wont show was the optimism the team were playing with. They were playing the plan and loving it.

Fast forward 5 minutes to Tuimoala Lolohea's error that resulted in the Issac De Gois' try and instantly the boys are heads down. Even though we were a converted try up it was as if the team knew what was coming. Dont think Ive ever seen anything quite like it. One bad result after only 15 minutes had passed and the team, mentally, were defeated. They never looked to dominate the game again from that point on.
Wait, so the team played to the plan and it worked. Then they didn't play to the plan and they fell apart. Definately the coaches fault. I mean surely if the players can't stick to a plan that works then why give them a plan. dumb coach.

imallrin

imallrin

That has been Matulino all season for me, just can't be f'ed
I honestly hate that guy now. He looks like he has taken a packet of sleeping pills pre game (and forgot to shot gun the monster energy drink straight after). Never shows emotion, no fist pumps or high fives when something goes well, just meanders around the field like a weak drip and he is the leader of the big bopers, fuck me, he needs to go with Manu, I will be absolutely disgusted if both of them are there next season and that will be a sign we are well and truely fucked

Reactions: 4 users
jonno

jonno

Can we control the refs? No.

Can we play our best footy even when the refs are fucking us? Yes.

This is the basis of the teams mental weakness IMO.

Control what you can and do the best with what you can't.