01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Are you happy with the team named?

• Yes

• OK

• Starting team is good but the bench!

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
We need a 6 who can kick well on last plays. Shaun Johnson has seemed very average at getting the ball parked in the right spots. Has he even attempted a 40-20 this year?? Lolohea has a good boot but for some reason has really been using it........ Hope Ata shows Shaun Johnson how its done.

Reactions: 1 users
Seriously? I appreciate the positive vibes everyone's laying down, and yes off course I'll be watching the games but season 2016 is over roll on 2017 with a new coach and a fit squad .

Reactions: 1 user
I see Michael Chee-Kam is 18th man for the Tigers this weekend. I remember seeing him in the 20's for the raiders? And thinking he was going to be a star. Any one know happened with him? Injuries or has he just not kicked on?

He was a Mt Wellington Junior, came from the same junior team as Carlos T. He's had a really bad run with injuries but the three NRL clubs he's been with all saw something in him and paid him handsomely for potential alone. Josh Aloiai is a bigger better version though.

• Haha
What i want to know is how he ended up with a chinese name...
There's been Chinese in Samoa for 150 years according to Wikipedia. The last time I was in Samoa, I saw some Chinese people speaking fluent Samoan, it was kinda weird.

The same Wikipedia page claims that 25% of Samoans are part Chinese. Wilie Po Ching and Leeson Ah Mau are other examples of Samoans with Chinese family names.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Bob

Contributor
There's been Chinese in Samoa for 150 years according to Wikipedia. The last time I was in Samoa, I saw some Chinese people speaking fluent Samoan, it was kinda weird.

The same Wikipedia page claims that 25% of Samoans are part Chinese. Wilie Po Ching and Leeson Ah Mau are other examples so Samoans with Chinese family names.

yeah, fair point. I confused him with someone else - there's a 100% white guy from the panthers (i think?) with a similar surname -thought it was him..

edit - not really a similar name but its definitely chinese!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaah_Yeo

• Haha

Jordan G

Seriously? I appreciate the positive vibes everyone's laying down, and yes off course I'll be watching the games but season 2016 is over roll on 2017 with a new coach and a fit squad .

Only 2 games to go. No matter what this team throws at us, it's still better than the off season.

I guess at the moment with our fate being out of our hands we can all sit back and just let whatever happen, happen. Makes things a little more chilled.

I see Michael Chee-Kam is 18th man for the Tigers this weekend. I remember seeing him in the 20's for the raiders? And thinking he was going to be a star. Any one know happened with him? Injuries or has he just not kicked on?
Looked for all money to be the next big thing, absolute superstar in the NYC, but then a combination of injuries and poor work ethic saw him bounce around a few clubs. Should of stayed at the Raiders, if I remember correctly Manly poached him straight out of the 20's with a big offer then he went downhill from there. Still has the potential just by looking at him, tall muscular unit with legit athleticism.

Looked for all money to be the next big thing, absolute superstar in the NYC, but then a combination of injuries and poor work ethic saw him bounce around a few clubs. Still has the potential just by looking at him, tall muscular unit with legit athleticism.
He was a gun junior here before heading to Canberra. He was one of a number of really good Auckland junior players that are now hitting their mid 20s and didn't kick on as well as I thought they would. Carlos T, Pat Vaivai, Lance Sua Poe, Sam Lousi, Adam Henry and many others all had a handful of 1st grade games then faded into lower level comps in Oz or Europe. It was the kids that had to graft a bit harder like Paasi and Feki that seemed to have stayed around in first grade. Shaun Johnson was the best junior coming through but is a year or two older than Chee Kams graduating class. Murdoch Masila was the most talented alround player that was in that age group that are now hitting 25, a prop that was faster than his wingers and could kick like a half and slot conversions from the sideline, and all the teams he's played for in the NRL and Superleague have used him as a battering ram.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Murdoch Masila was the most talented alround player that was in that age group that are now hitting 25, a prop that was faster than his wingers and could kick like a half and slot conversions from the sideline, and all the teams he's played for in the NRL and Superleague have used him as a battering ram.

His stints with Wests Tigers and then Panthers weren't successful either - he promised so much but clubs haven't been able to realise his potential.

Bracing for a big hidding.

How else do the players flick a coach and keep their salaries safe at the Warriors?

History never repeats....I tell myself.....before I go to school...

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
I can't complain here, another week of good selections.

Wish it was this way 14wks ago not 2, just hope it's not too late.

Good luck guys.

It's a shame our genius of a coach didn't select the Tui/Blake combination because he knows they are easily the best outside back pairing we have, rather than injury forcing the selection.
Almost hoping for a loss so we can see the back of McFraud...almost.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Bob

Contributor
It's a shame our genius of a coach didn't select the Tui/Blake combination because he knows they are easily the best outside back pairing we have, rather than injury forcing the selection.
Almost hoping for a loss so we can see the back of McFraud...almost.

Thats a good pt. injury is forcing this selection otherwise its Moomoo on the wings again.

Cappy's genuis is simply built around random luck and injury everyone!!

Just like those pyramid schemes in the 80's, Cappy's a cheap con & not a real coach!

I've solved the riddle!!!

Last edited:
Lolohea will be targeted again this week imo, I have a feeling this game could be real close. I hope not we need a 40 point thrashing to get our +- up.

The same Wikipedia page claims that 25% of Samoans are part Chinese. Wilie Po Ching and Leeson Ah Mau are other examples of Samoans with Chinese family names.

I'd assume Mason Lino is Chinese/Samoan also? I was surprised when I found out he was Samoan.

Lolohea will be targeted again this week imo, I have a feeling this game could be real close. I hope not we need a 40 point thrashing to get our +- up.

While our PD is awful, its unlikely to be a deciding factor on making the 8, since the Titans are 3 points clear of us.

The only way it comes into it, is if we end up on the same points as the Titans, so us or the Titans would have to draw in one of the remaining games