• No

• Embarrassing!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 19, 2012
NRL 2016 - Round 25 - Warriors vs Tigers Post Match Discussion
New Zealand Warriors 24 vs 36 Wests Tigers
Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland

Blake Ayshford 2016 1.jpg

Thread to share your thoughts on the Round 25 game between the Warriors and Tigers after the match. Name your Man of the Match, discuss the coach, captain, starting team, bench, opposition, game tactics, substitutions, errors (or lack thereof), penalties (or lack thereof) highs, lows, refs etc.

Dont forget to rate the players... https://www.nzwarriors.com/matches/nrl-2016-round-25.75/

Last edited by a moderator:

demco

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 9, 2013
have seen that happen to other teams.. and the Warriors, it just gets called milking and play carries on. This game was particularly disheartening because it was so obviously milking The bunker is in the Ausy pocket and no kiwi team will ever win the comp if they have there way

Horriors2014

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2014
Everyone could see the Tigers play to milk penalties. Both in attack and defence.
Turning the game into soccer with all the diving and Hollywood.
See that shit is trained into their juniors even. Our boys aren't born cheats, so we have to teach them how to milk penalties. That should be one item on Cappy's list for pre-season.

Danpatmac

The club needs to grow a set and stop picking and signing players without basic fundamental skills and a bit of fire in the belly.

Too long has this club idolised mentally weak and technically flawed players and put them on pedastals for younger, easily influenced kids to adore.

Bellamy wouldn't have a bar of it, neither should we.

There are deep, deep issues in this club and fuck sentiment, cut out the cancer.

Dino Velvet

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
I'm just numb. I've been following this team since '95. Five years of not making the playoffs and several insipid efforts this season have killed off a lot of passion I used to have for this team and I can't see next year being any better.

And do you know what hurts me the most?

For the first time ever, I'm not looking forward to next season.

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
You guys are missing the positives, normally once the results count for nothing the Warriors start winning, meaning a stunning victory next week, secondly Ata has begun his career as our next #6 by playing hooker, most other coaches wouldn't think like that but we're lucky enough to have McFadden.

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
I don't understand how with their season on the line they could shit the bed so badly against what was an under strength Tigers side.

They were virtually out on their feet after 60 minutes. I point the finger at the coach for that for his baffling bench used yet again.

Season is over. In only hope the axe is swung on the coaching staff and some of the so called senior players for 2017.

TheFullback

U20's Player
Aug 14, 2016
I'm just numb. I've been following this team since '95. Five years of not making the playoffs and several insipid efforts this season have killed off a lot of passion I used to have for this team and I can't see next year being any better.

I feel your pain! In the same boat yet the nay sayers claim we should keep the faith...well after 20 years its abit hard of constant failure

Reactions: bruce and Xfactor

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
You guys are missing the positives, normally once the results count for nothing the Warriors start winning, meaning a stunning victory next week, secondly Ata has begun his career as our next #6 by playing hooker, most other coaches wouldn't think like that but we're lucky enough to have McFadden.
Yeah Eels next up, it's going to be a killing! The NRL will probably give Parra the 12 points back for beating us..

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
I don't understand how with their season on the line they could shit the bed so badly against what was an under strength Tigers side.

They were virtually out on their feet after 60 minutes. I point the finger at the coach for that for his baffling bench used yet again.

Season is over. In only hope the axe is swung on the coaching staff and some of the so called senior players for 2017.
dont we use the bench based on stats? maybe its time to do away with that method

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
See that shit is trained into their juniors even. Our boys aren't born cheats, so we have to teach them how to milk penalties. That should be one item on Cappy's list for pre-season.
Cappy's GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: kabkram

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel

You haven't bought a woodchipper have you?

• Haha
Reactions: Xfactor and Rizzah

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
The refs clearly called a soft interference call against Lisone in the second half. Not one attempt from our guys to milk one back. Where's the will to win Cappy? It's not fucken there.

Reactions: bruce

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Came here for a laugh.

Johnson was clearly injured, surprised he wasn't benched.
Manu Vatuvei still doesn't know how to play wing, eg catch bombs and stay behind your centre.
Line defence awful.

Yeah we should have had one if not 2 of those obstruction tries, but you can't let in 36 points and deserve to win a game.

We're just not good enough. What's going to happen in the off season? ATM nothing is going to change, so we'll likely be the exact same.

Reactions: bruce

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
The bunker just flip flopped on their obstruction ruling with Souths being awarded the try.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings