General NRL 2016 Round 25 - General Discussion

Dec 19, 2012
NRL 2016 Round 25 - General Discussion

R25.jpg

A thread for all 2016 Round 25 team lists, discussions, news and views. Serves as a team list thread and game day discussion for all games through the week. A new like this thread will open every Tuesday for team list Tuesday.

Feel free to add team lists as they become available people. Thank you..

R25 draw.png

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
I'm feeling guilty about wanting the Panthers to win.... I hate it when we have to rely on other teams results to help us!!!!

drunk_monk

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2014
Anyone catch the storm broncs game last night?

It was entertaining as hell.

Can someone clarify the double movement rule?

I thought it was black and white, if you hit the ground while being tackled then reach out its double movement. But last might the bunker gave a try for what I thought was double movement.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Anyone catch the storm broncs game last night?

It was entertaining as hell.

I thought it was black and white, if you hit the ground while being tackled then reach out its double movement. But last might the bunker gave a try for what I thought was double movement.
It all comes down to whether the tackled player's movement/momentum has stopped or not and whether the ball has touched the ground or not.

upload_2016-8-27_12-24-50.png

upload_2016-8-27_12-25-30.png

From the NRL Rules book:
https://www.nrl.com/portals/nrl/radeditor/documents/arl rules book 2016.pdf

6 Again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 29, 2015
I was hoping the Broncs got beaten last night, if we were to make the 8 somehow I'd prefer to play the Bulldogs away than the Cowboys or Broncos, they look the least convincing.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland

Was that the Tohu Harris try? Ball or ball carrying arm hadnt hit the ground so he was fine.

Wonder if Cam Smith will get in further trouble for swearing at the ref. Probably not...

6 Again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 29, 2015
Halftime Raiders vs Sea Eagles: Can 18 Man 10.

Joran Rapana 2 tries, I can't see Kearney not picking him on that right wing.

1st in line breaks
2nd in tackle breaks
2nd equal tries scored

It's hard to ignore those attacking stats.

Xfactor

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Sydney
It really sucks knowing that in 3 and a half hours we will know if our season ends next Sunday:arghh:

In the true misery-ridden, soul-sucking fashion that I refer to as 'My Life' The Warriors will probably play the most amazing game tomorrow that will leave us all thinking about what could have been!

Cest la vie:shy:

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
In the other game.
If momentum has stopped and the line is there or with in an arm stretch away.
You can put the ball over the line with out body movement.
Might be the same with our game.

6 Again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 29, 2015
In the other game.
If momentum has stopped and the line is there or with in an arm stretch away.
You can put the ball over the line with out body movement.
Might be the same with our game.

That'd be right, provided the arm holding the ball doesn't touch the touch the ground in the act of scoring and the tackle isn't deemed to be completed.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
The game last night the Broncos were great really moved the Storm around. A good tactic instead of basic one out hit ups and getting stuck in the wrestle.

Had to get the kids sorted before I could watch the first of tonights games. Turned on the SkyGo and got the last 10 minutes, looks like defense was optional. Sometimes those types of games are a good watch, was it?

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings