Impressions of the teams effort?

• Great

• OK

• Average

• Below Standard

• Embarrassing!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can't look in the mirror too much, because I'd never get my workout in. :D

Seriously, I think a lot of the problem is that even when players have been interested in improving, they're just not getting taught the skills they need to improve. I think personal responsibility without support and information is not going to help anyone improve. Neither is punishment without support and information. But if you combine personal responsibility, support even if you make mistakes, mentoring, upskilling, and motivation, you've got a winning combination.

Obviously too early to tell, but we currently have Konnie as a living breathing experiment.

The killer every time is when the line retreats to make the tackle. FGs would be sooo easy if every team did this. We do well when our line attacks their line. It's not like we give away lots of encroachment penalties. That's why our running metres are so poor too - too much standing back, watching and waiting.

The killer every time is when the line retreats to make the tackle. FGs would be sooo easy if every team did this. We do well when our line attacks their line. It's not like we give away lots of encroachment penalties. That's why our running metres are so poor too - too much standing back, watching and waiting.
Honestly, they're afraid to make contact. Like Shauny J, they must think this is touch and not tackle.

This game was always going to be too much for this lot to handle.

Cowboys coming off 3 straight losses. Reigning premiers, have a lot more fight in them than a bunch of losers.

Losers in the sense that most of the players in the squad don't know anything else other than losing.

Another year where the 8 alludes us. Next season the fans might allude this team.

Frustrating game. Our errors stung - because most directly lead to Cowboys points. Atleast the crucial points which put this game out of reach early.

Possession fairly lopsided - many mentioned in the gameday thread the Cowboys being offside at least 2-3 metres constantly.
That afforded them quick plays and got them easy metres. That and our lack of effort, at times.

To be fair, we had effort in patches in this game. We all know when the going get tough against this squad, they hang their heads. We've shown resiliency over the past month, just to see it unravel the past 2 games.

Positives - Hingano could be special.

Negatives - everything else.

Not even going to bat an eye at the outside possibility that we can make the 8. As far as I'm concerned, this season is yet again a failure.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Luke, our star signings, both on the sidelines. The youngsters who showed promise last year haven't taken that next step - Kata and (in some ways) Vete the exemptions.

Our aging stars declining - Manu, Lillyman, Hoffman, for example. Even Matulino - who didn't play big minutes today either.

Everything is just a mess at the moment. The direction isn't clear. The pieces haven't fallen into place and it feels we are back at square one.

Fucking sucks man.

Ata does look the goods. I'd run him for the last 2 games of the season.

Fusitua looks best at centre to me as it provides x2 try scoring centres.

But yeah man the team is in a mess at the moment.

Jordan G

Right before the Cowboys first try Roache made a diving tackle to stop Linnett, but look how quickly he got off the tackler to avoid being penalised. Meanwhile I watched the Titans/Knights game and Bird got penalsied 3 times in his own ten metre zone to stop the Titans momentum after a half break.

Part of it is experience, but there's also that sense that we're just too nice about things. Hold the fucker down for all he's worth.

Reactions: Leaguegod

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Right before the Cowboys first try Roache made a diving tackle to stop Linnett, but look how quickly he got off the tackler to avoid being penalised. Meanwhile I watched the Titans/Knights game and Bird got penalsied 3 times in his own ten metre zone to stop the Titans momentum after a half break.

Part of it is experience, but there's also that sense that we're just too nice about things. Hold the fucker down for all he's worth.

They’d sin bin him. I know the refs aren’t likely to cut them slack in Townsville, especially when they keep dropping it, but it did not feel those 2 teams were playing by the same rules.

Reactions: Rick O'Shay
We were on the receiving end of the refs 50/50 calls all night, Roache's drop was due to contact in the air, the player/player were no where near the ball. That penalty after the in goal grubber was dubious as, no where near the ball and the contact was not dangerous or anything to warrant a penalty. Dropped balls with hands all over it, one of Hingano's was clear in my mind. The defensive line was pushing it all night. Saw JT 3 metres in front of the ref a couple times, no worries. He's the golden child over there.

The commentators were winding me up, Cowboys got pinged for a drop ball and they went on about it strip, because there were hands on the ball. Happened to us multiple of times, and were given knock on's with no comments at all. F*ckers.

Was an origin type ref display, whistles in the pocket all night. The Cowboys pushed the limits, and got away with it.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
We were on the receiving end of the refs 50/50 calls all night, Roache's drop was due to contact in the air, the player/player were no where near the ball. That penalty after the in goal grubber was dubious as, no where near the ball and the contact was not dangerous or anything to warrant a penalty. Dropped balls with hands all over it, one of Hingano's was clear in my mind. The defensive line was pushing it all night. Saw JT 3 metres in front of the ref a couple times, no worries. He's the golden child over there.

You swap Hingano and Thurston on that break, reckon they might have found a penalty there?

I hate those sort of games, I know the team is playing shit, but it’s so hard to watch when the breaks seem to go against your team, you need that bit of luck to get back into it … there’s none to be found.

Reactions: Blain
We were on the receiving end of the refs 50/50 calls all night, Roache's drop was due to contact in the air, the player/player were no where near the ball

I saw all this too, one thing that got me thinking about Fusitua and the general mateship within the team, ie having your back under high pressure situations. You have got Roache in the wingers position, filling in due to Maumalo's Hamstring [Another story in itself, any of our players go for a sprint and they pull a hamstring]. As a fullback and realizing the guy that is playing on the wing would usually never catch high balls, why not step up and catch the bomb. Surely mates can see this, realizing the person filling in would not be comfortable at all in this position

Not taking anything away from Fusitua, he has been one of our top players this season, more eluding to the general comment of players being their for one another

Its amazing how last week the most dangerous man on the field "Adam Reynolds" and the kicking game he presented were the partial reason to the warriors shutdown. One week later and I do not think I witness any kick pressure on Thurston, nor pressure on any kickers. Did we actually address anything from last week
1. Kick Pressure : No
2. Shutdown Opposition Forwards : No

You are meant to live and learn from mistakes and lapses. Warriors must have missed that memo

Reactions: diehard

Jordan G

They’d sin bin him. I know the refs aren’t likely to cut them slack in Townsville, especially when they keep dropping it, but it did not feel those 2 teams were playing by the same rules.

If it was blatant they would. Players have to be smarter about hiow they do it. Hold down while always appearing to be trying to get free. Roache simply tackled him and jumped off pretty quick. Could have held on a bit longer without even getting into penalty territory.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
If it was blatant they would. Players have to be smarter about hiow they do it. Hold down while always appearing to be trying to get free. Roache simply tackled him and jumped off pretty quick. Could have held on a bit longer without even getting into penalty territory.

We never seem to get our moneys worth on penalties, just seem really soft ones, if Thurston is going to cry to the ref on every play, start hitting him after kicks, really give him something to moan about. I think hingano copped a pretty good whack after taking it to the line, no warrior even reacted.

At least a prick like bird would make sure the ref and everyone knew about it.

Shit Reffing is no reason for the team to turn into a bunch of losers. They should put the refs under pressure by making it a close game, then we can claim we were robbed. If its 30 points at full time we have nothing but gnashing of teeth and wailing...

Shit Reffing is no reason for the team to turn into a bunch of losers. They should put the refs under pressure by making it a close game, then we can claim we were robbed. If its 30 points at full time we have nothing but gnashing of teeth and wailing...

To be clear, my comment wasn't saying we were robbed, neither were the other posts above. Cowboys were by far the superior team in all aspects. Doesn't mean we can't comment on shit reffing.

To be clear, my comment wasn't saying we were robbed, neither were the other posts above. Cowboys were by far the superior team in all aspects. Doesn't mean we can't comment on shit reffing.
I expect the refs to be shit. I expect the odds to be stacked for the opposition. That makes winning way sweeter, knowing they had help and couldn't get the job done.

At the moment its like a funeral every time the ref fucks up against us. Heads hang low and cocks shrivel like its winter on Antarctica. Not good.

Inruin

Contributor
problem I have is that when ever I see a player making basic errors or have poor handling I just start to wonder if they are back on Red Bull/Sleeping pill cocktails and how many have they have had this week. Especially when you have seen over the previous 8 or 9 weeks that they can compete at a high level. What has changed?

Season's too long for most of them as they have the attention span of a teenager.

Focussing for 26 weeks plus pre-season is just too much for some IMO.

They start thinking about R&R at round 22.

Reactions: Beastmode
I read very well thank you, even joined up running writing. JT played #13 and only one second rower and one bench player made more tackles than him and none came close to his running metres so your statement that running forwards make less tackles than defensive runs is incorrect on the evidence given by last nights forwards stats.
Any who, hows your colouring because I rock at that to.
I actually had you picked for an adult coloring book kinda guy.