• Yes

• Its OK

• Bench is wack!

• No

• Who cares just win

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on we say that every single game no matter the circumstances or the team.
No ones under any illusion we're gonna go out there and just roll the Bunnies
Its just good to see NRL.com back us by so much given their dominance over the Warriors the last few years.

Next week we'll say the same make or break thing vs The Cowboys then Vs Wests lol
Why?? cos we are The Warriors!

Just showing some faith for once, Warriors by 13+ :cigar:

Form is everything

Last edited:
Just showing some faith for once, Warriors by 13+ :cigar:

I like your optimism!

But yeah, this game really makes me nervous. Let's face it, the bunnies have nothing to gain out of winning this other than screwing our finals chances.

Which is why they'll probably beat us :(

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Radio Sport said yesterday Ticket sales were 5x better than the equivalent day in previous weeks..
Dont know if thats just a line to generate more interest or if the bandwagoners are arriving en masse?

The ticket sales are very strong for this game. No other sports are on at the moment so there is huge interest.

As others have said with a large crowd and high expectations this is the type of game that Warriors could lose.

Lets hope that at 9pm on Saturday night its another win for the boys and we are still in the 8.

Just look at the edge against the Rabbits. Manu, Kata, Fusitua, and Maumalo. Huge guys that can hit (except for Kata, but those muscles!). I know they haven't always read plays well defensively, but those four guys can put massive hits on. We need to make the opposition wingers, centres, halfs, afraid to go out wide due to the hits they'll receive.

A packed house, the attention of a nation, the Warriors in great form against an opposition already out of the race - history says we're fucked.

history also says McFadden should have been sacked last year/at the start of this year, that the warriors aren't an 80 minute team, that we can't beat the dragons etc...

so this year might well be one for the record books!

what happens if we go 4/4 from here? we'll be in the eight, but do we get a top 6 spot?

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
A packed house, the attention of a nation, the Warriors in great form against an opposition already out of the race - history says we're fucked.

Was the same last week, big hype for a warriors game, usually means they loose the plot, was one of the better performances in yonks.

If we lose, it’ll be because the rabbits play to what they are on paper, not cos the warriors shit the bed, IMO.

Its been months since they've turned in a real bludger of a performance. Against canberra was a lot of pretty average, but thats as low as they've gone since "the turnaround"

So maybe we are due.

Last edited:
Reactions: bruce and Jay M
Radio Sport said yesterday Ticket sales were 5x better than the equivalent day in previous weeks..
Dont know if thats just a line to generate more interest or if the bandwagoners are arriving en masse?
Despondent Rugby 7s supporters? Nah there's nothing on over here atm so that'll be the case oh and we've got a sniff of the 8, we lose this week and next week it'll be empty against Tigers.

Just look at the edge against the Rabbits. Manu, Kata, Fusitua, and Maumalo. Huge guys that can hit (except for Kata, but those muscles!). I know they haven't always read plays well defensively, but those four guys can put massive hits on. We need to make the opposition wingers, centres, halfs, afraid to go out wide due to the hits they'll receive.
They are hitting hard in both D an attack.was good to see them hurting the opposition like we know they can do. Ken an Kata were swatting them like flies

Reactions: Defence

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
This is Cappy explaining the bench.;)

It is appears Ayshford is our new utility player. At the moment though it does appear that Cappy has got it right with Fusitua and Kata in the Centres.
NRL: Warriors outside backs assisting McFadden's bench plan
2:34 PM Friday Aug 12, 2016
warriors_fustua_carting_620x310.gif

Centre David Fusitua and his fellow outside backs have been making strong carries on early tackles for the Warriors. Photo / Getty Images.
The Warriors have never lacked size and power but while their forwards have often been stereotyped as big men it's their current crop of large outside backs that are now dominating the opposition physically.

The efforts of front-row quartet Jacob Lillyman, Ben Matulino, Albert Vete and Sam Lisone are being helped by wingers Manu Vatuvei and Ken Maumalo, and centre pair David Fusitua and Solomone Kata, getting in to cart the ball forward on early tackles.

It's not a new tactic, with the Warriors having relied on a highly effective power game over the last few seasons, and their best performances tend to coincide with their backline finishers helping provide momentum and quick play the balls.

Their work not only provides an ideal platform for halves Shaun Johnson and Thomas Leuluai to work off but also takes the pressure of the pack.
"That's part of our plan and our game model works," said coach Andrew McFadden.

"We've got these guys to get us going forward but there's a real coordinated approach to it as well.
"It's not just them bashing and barging. There's movement around them and that gives us more quality in their carries. It's all a part of how we play."
Video
When working the ball off their own line it can often take until the third or even fourth tackle before a front-rower gets a touch, and with lock Simon Mannering's tremendous work-rate they are not short on effective metre-eaters.

As a result, the front-rowers are able to get through plenty of tackling and play long minutes, which aids McFadden's somewhat hotly debated preference to carry an outside back on the interchange bench.

"I have read some stuff about the interchange but we're happy and the players are very happy with the way it's working," he said.

"We don't need the forwards on the bench. We've got enough guys there that cover the minutes.

"We want our best players on the field for longer but we do need the versatility around injuries.

"So we prioritise Ben Matulino and those guys. Even though he's coming off the bench, Ben's constantly playing bigger minutes so there's a strategy around it and we're very comfortable with it."

The limited game time given to Tui Lolohea during his well-publicised bench stint was heavily criticised and for the last two weeks Blake Ayshford has been included among the reserves as both backline insurance and back-row cover.
warriors_vatuvei_injured.gif

The Warriors were caught short out wide in their round two defeat to Brisbane when wing Manu Vatuvei was forced from the field with a rib injury. Photo / Getty Images.
McFadden is not the only NRL coach to deviate from the four-forward bench theory, and earlier this season in the final trial against the Dragons and round two defeat to the Broncos, the Warriors were caught short out wide when injuries and concussion saw Vatuvei and Ayshford forced from the park.
"Head knocks are a big part of the game now so making sure that we've got easy cover to slot people straight into those positions is important and a lot of teams are doing that.

"Blake is very versatile. He played in the middle when he first went on (last week) and then went to the edge for a while.

"So if we were to lose an outside back it's a really easy change for us and because he's played back-row before. He's a tough guy, he's experienced and it's a role he's filling really well at the moment."

Warriors v Rabbitohs at Mt Smart Stadium, Saturday, 7.30pm

Warriors: Tuimoala Lolohea, Ken Maumalo, David Fusitua, Solomone Kata, Manu Vatuvei, Thomas Leuluai, Shaun Johnson, Jacob Lillyman, Jazz Tevaga, Albert Vete, Bodene Thompson, Ryan Hoffman, Simon Mannering.

Interchange: Nathaniel Roache, Sam Lisone, Ben Matulino, Blake Ayshford, Bunty Afoa (one to be omitted).

Rabbitohs: Greg Inglis (c), Alex Johnston, Hymel Hunt, Aaron Gray, Joe Burgess, Cody Walker, Adam Reynolds, Thomas Burgess, Damien Cook, Zane Musgrove, John Sutton, Kyle Turner, Sam Burgess. Interchange: Jason Clark, Jack Gosiewski, Angus Crichton, George Burgess.

Referees: Henry Perenara, Chris James.

Read more by David Skipwith Email David Skipwith

Reactions: Defence
that makes me laugh... and that makes me wonder about McFadden...

Our forwards don't need subs to give them a rest, they can play for 80 minutes, because our backs do the early set hit ups for them, so we can carry a back on the bench in case of injury or to play in the forwards...

What a joke.

How about we go back to regular rugby league where the forwards provide the go-forward?

Reactions: Vancent

Two men and a dog at the ground and a couple of desperate and dateless loners watching on TV at home while half-watching Facebook and the cute kitty pictures, Warriors by 50+ easy, but this....

Sometimes I think the Warriors should limit Mt Smart capacity to as low as financially viable or thereabouts. More than that and the drums of doom begin a-pounding....

Pretty much right on the money to what I posted, even relating back to the Bronco's game.
It's just common bloody sense.
If you were to ask our forwards for their opinion I suspect they would totally be in favor of Cappys model.

There's an old adage that relates to working smarter not harder that comes to mind.

Last edited:

Beastmode

Today is a good day ☀️
Contributor
Unlike all you cynical wankers out there, i'm backing us to win comfortably tomorrow.

Something has changed with this team. They're mentally harder and fitter. Maybe all those GP's were a blessing in disguise.

Whatever the reason, and after last weekend, i say - GO WARRIORS!!!!

I've got us down for a win and loss in the next two games. I just don't know which game is which. I suspect we still have one terrible performance left in the side this season (I hope I'm wrong), because, well, when have the warriors not managed at least one shocker towards the end of the season in the last few rounds?

If they can not have that shocker, then they should make the eight.

The warriors are a confidence side, but once that confidence takes a hit - history suggests that mentally, they can be a bit fragile (again, hoping that's a thing of the past).

Hey, no matter what happens from here on in, what we've experienced over the past 2 months is a million times better than this time last year.
The team and staff deserve some recognition for the massive chage of attitude.
They beieve in themselves, are not pulling a sulkie when calls go against them. Huge difference.

I've got us down for a win and loss in the next two games. I just don't know which game is which. I suspect we still have one terrible performance left in the side this season (I hope I'm wrong), because, well, when have the warriors not managed at least one shocker towards the end of the season in the last few rounds?

If they can not have that shocker, then they should make the eight.

The warriors are a confidence side, but once that confidence takes a hit - history suggests that mentally, they can be a bit fragile (again, hoping that's a thing of the past).

Yep, think you're right Jay. They still are a confidence side but IMO those GP games have developed resilience which is the main ingredient of confidence and we now have that in spades.
I am now expecting a win every week which in itself is really weird for this time of the year when we traditionally fall over.

Status
Not open for further replies.